Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

IAF Airborne Early Warning Systems - A-50EI Phalcon, DRDO Netra AEW&C, DRDO AWACS

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by Agent_47, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India

I am sure that he is operating on the platform and/or using it's detection data. I hope you also know that many scientists claimed that Indian Nuclear Tests were dud :D

There is a reason why names are not used here and we try and remain anonymous.

Enjoy two of my clicks :)

DSCN9811.JPG DSCN9904.JPG

You can look for them on internet, you won't find them. They are my personal clicks ... so I hope you get what I am telling you.

Sathya, Art90, nik141993 and 8 others like this.
  2. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

A poor distraction remains the same, no matter which language you use and is actually beneath you!
    Again, my point was that the P8I has no early warning capability, since it doesn't scan Land/Air/Sea as your own silly quote states, but has a maritime surveillance radar!

You can keep denying that fact and distract, but that doesn't change it.

The fact that you avoided to answer the question on Saabs and Eltas new AWACS with ADDITIONAL sensors and not only 1 additional mode, is quiet telling as well. Another distraction from the obvious. If you can't or don't want to answer properly just leave it at that.

3. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Apologies. You are right.

4. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    you got it all wrong. when I said ship based sensors, it includes sub surface/ELINT sensors also. P-8I is very highly networked and can do all the jobs of an AWAC but its A2A detection range is certainly not as high as that of an AWAC but in consort with ships, the area dominated by P-8I increases. I used a word High altitude and over the horizon also. I hope you get the hint.

Sathya likes this.
  5. X_Killer

X_Killer Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I believe on the data provided by you (200NM) and data provided by him (less than 180kms) for aerial detection and targeting equally. It has wide gap between both ranges.

6. surya kiran

surya kiran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    DRDO scientists will not give out actual ranges or capabilities in any open literature or forum. Take it from someone whose dad was a director in the DRDO.

Sathya and Angel Eyes like this.
  7. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    Its not about any open literature or forum. He told me in my recent meeting.

8. surya kiran

surya kiran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Yaar, baba, in all my talks with me never gave me actual numbers or figures. But, that could also be because I could never keep my mouth shut. :blah:Anyways, let's end this discussion. Back to topic.

9. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Bro, his ego and self-importance is bigger than facts and figures.

Anyway, ranges change depending on the target. MKI has a range of 300+Km as well as <100Km depending on the target and its probability of detection.

10. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    Its not about ego but where is the facts and figures (with credible source) for air detection and targeting.
    :haha:

11. randomradio

A user has given you the range. There's no bigger source than a user.

Sathya likes this.
  12. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Nobody doubts it's network capability, the core issue here was the fact that people believed that it can deliver the same A2A detection as an A50 Phalcon for example, just because it has some A2A modes.
    And that this is not the case is what you confirmed as well.

13. randomradio

:disagree: :lol:

@Hellfire @vstol jockey

I've dealt with such people before on this forum. Forget it, you don't have a chance.

14. zebra7

zebra7 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    In L and S band the attenuation of radio wave due t clouds, fog etc is minimum..

15. zebra7

zebra7 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    That's the detection range. When in tracking mode the range is depreciated. Second the FOC thematically of P8 is 360 degree, but due to movable gimlet against fixed antenna which enable the superior continous tracking and battle management mode,.

@randomradio you got spanked badly by X killer and is just arguing for the sake of argument. Just closing your eyes snd not lookin at the mirror at your back doesn't change the fact.