Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

IAF Airborne Early Warning Systems - A-50EI Phalcon, DRDO Netra AEW&C, DRDO AWACS

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by Agent_47, Feb 15, 2017.

1. zebra7

zebra7 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Lol

2. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Of course I did. Even @Hellfire and @vstol jockey got spanked by him for saying the same things I did.

3. randomradio

:lol:

4. zebra7

zebra7 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Did I named them, no Only you why you are just jumping and typing B.S plain B.S

5. randomradio

Because all three of us have been saying the exact same thing, literally the exact same thing.

Or do you also think MKI = P-8I?

Mr. Killer did not even know the Indian version has air to air mode until he was educated.

6. X_Killer

X_Killer Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I never said that. I only equilize it with P-8i for Aerial detection and targeting and call it as mini-AWACS. Than what's wrong with it.
    You may have different definition for mini-AWACS but you may call it a Aircraft with partial AWACS features

Now, it Better to enhance your knowledge about Su-30MKI's PESA Radar Capability
    [​IMG]
    The forward facing NIIP NO11M Bars (Panther) is a powerful integrated radar sighting system. The N011M is a digital multi-mode dual frequency band radar (X and L Band, NATO D and I). The N011M can function both in air-to-air and air-to-land/sea mode simultaneusly while being tied into a high-precision laser-inertial / GPS navigation system. It is equipped with a modern digital weapons control system as well as anti-jamming features.

For aircraft N011M has a 350 km search range and a maximum 200 km tracking range, and 60 km in the rear hemisphere. A MiG-21 for instance can be detected at a distance of up to 135 km. Design maximum search range for an F-16 target was 140-160km. A Bars' earlier variant, fitted with a five-kilowatt transmitter, proved to be capable of detecting Su-27 fighters at a range of over 330 km. The radar can track 20 air targets and engage the 4 most threatening targets simultaneously (this capability was introduced in the Indian RC1 and RC2). These targets can include cruise/ballistic missiles and even motionless helicopters.

The forward hemisphere is ±90º in azimuth and ±55º in elevation (+/-45 degrees vertical and +/-70 degrees horizontal have also been reported). N011M can withstand up to 5 percent transceiver loss without significant degredation in performance.
    The Su-30MKI can function as a 'mini-AWACS' and can act as a director or command post for other aircraft. The target co-ordinates can be transferred automatically to atleast 4 other aircraft.

N011M ensures a 20 m resolution detection of large sea targets at a distance up to 400 km, and of small size ones - at a distance of 120 km. Coupled with the air-launched Brahmos-A AShM, the Su-30MKI will become an unchallanged platform for Anti-Ship duties.

NOTE: Su-30MKI has upper hand in the range of air to air detection and targeting over P-8i.

I raised only one question based on the facts shared by you but everytime you skipped that.
    If you do not have a straight forward answer than simply say "no" for it instead of veering off the topic.

zebra7 likes this.
  7. randomradio

Nope.

Nope.

As I said before, your question was flawed. And I did answer your flawed questions. But the problem is your rejection of the answers, not just my answers, but also Vstol's and Hellfire's.

You said MKI and P-8I have the same C&C capabilities. I said no. And I gave you the answer, and so did Hellfire and Vstol. All three of us gave you the same answer. I went one step further and even told you why the Phalcon and P-8I are different, but you still didn't understand.

Did you forget that you completely rejected the notion that the Phalcon and P-8 are similarly capable at C2BM (you brought this term into the discussion, not me)?

You speak of the Bars radar. But can you tell me why the Bars radar is in the nose and not in a dome on the back (the answer I'm looking for isn't aerodynamics)?

Do you know that if they had the option, air forces would much rather prefer the radar is carried inside the aircraft?

What if I tell you this aircraft is superior to the IAF Phalcon?
    [​IMG]
    It's not my opinion. This is the opinion of the same company that made the Phalcon.

In fact it is superior to the Phalcon in every way. And it has no dome.

8. cannonballs

cannonballs FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    The aircraft that you are showing is the latest version with AESA. But it can do AWACS role because it has massive side radars as well as the one in the nose which is massive aswell. Does P8i have side radars, I am wondering how does p8i have a 360 degree view that is if it is capable of that in the first place. Also does it have rear facing radar.

Also i am wondering if it does have so many a2a mode radars which are required for 360 degree a2a mode if radar is inside the plane plus as we know its main job is maritime so it has massive down facing radar aswell so then i am wondering how does it power so many radars at once. It must be very taxing and as some people say it can do 9hrs trip without refuelling thats insane.

9. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India

Read the whole thread before asking the same boring questions already answered. Plenty of links posted here. Suggest go through them.

Oh hell

one more

http://www.indiastrategic.in/Indian_Navy_acquiring_four_more_P8_I_Aircraft.htm

10. X_Killer

X_Killer Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Justify your so called "nope" with a valid reason.
    Maximum range claimed for P-8i is 200Nn (without any proof) & Su-30MKI also has 350km-400km detection Capability.

Keep your justification up to the point and precise.
    I only asked for the comparison of air to air detection and targeting Capability but your oversmartness again created a mess.
    You are too much sensitive about the terms used for Aircrafts and now you didn't remember you own set of rules for your convenience.
    I claim the Su-30MKI can also be used as "mini-AWACS"

Do you know the designation of the Aircraft you mentioned in your post?

Yes,You can do anything.
    You can also claim this Aircraft superior to phalcon AWACS.

[​IMG]

But again I'll reject your so called claim.

11. kaku

kaku Major Technical Analyst

Now you suddenly comparing an AWACS on business jet with AWACS on strategic airlifter.

Instead of comparing this with similar systems like Saab 340 or DRDO Netra. Indeed ELW 2085 on Gulfstream is much advanced than this system. But comparing apples with oranges.

Kuch to bhagwan ka kauf kiya karo. Upar wala bhe dekh raha hai.

zebra7 and X_Killer like this.
  12. kaku

kaku Major Technical Analyst

So , you believing in a source which even providing wrong name of radar?

Now to next question, you claiming Navy using this radar for battlespace management in aft areas?

https://www.telephonics.com/press/t...adar-for-indias-p-8i-maritime-patrol-aircraft
    https://www.telephonics.com/product/aps-143cv3-oceaneye
    https://www.telephonics.com/soft-gate/gated-assets/uploads/39920-TC-APS-143CV3-Brochure.pdf

So, this radar is better than EL/W-2090? I am surprised why Boeing spent millions of dollars in developing such AEW & CS
    [​IMG]

They just need to install such MMR in nose and aft of these aircrafts, and earn billions. Actually you should patent such revolutionary and ground breaking ideas, and earn billions.

This idea of yours revolutionised our world's AWACS industry.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  13. randomradio

Page 8 onwards.

14. randomradio

What do you understand by the range figures?

The Gulfstream CAEW is also advertised with 200nm range, same as P-8I. Do you know that?

There was no oversmartness when one says the P-8I has more range than MKI. Even vstol has said the same, so has hellfire.

I disputed the fact that you said P-8I = MKI.

P-8I != Mini-AWACS. It's a full fledged AWACS.

15. randomradio

The Netra, Sab 340, Saab 2000 etc don't compare to the Gulfstream CAEW.