Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

IAS officer Khemka who ordered probe into Vadra land deals receives "threat calls"

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by tunguska, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tunguska

tunguska Major SENIOR MEMBER

CHANDIGARH: Senior Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who is in the news following controversy over land deals involving Robert Vadra, is receiving threat calls from unknown people.

"I met him and he told me that he has received some phone calls in which people have threatened him and asked him to stop his activities," Khemka's friend and noted lawyer, Anupam Gupta said.

"The callers asked him to desist or else he would be eliminated. He further told me that those threatening him also talked about having given a 'supari' to eliminate him," Gupta said.

He said that if the calls persist then Khemka may think of moving the court to seek security.

Earlier today, when asked if he was under any kind of pressure from politicians or senior bureaucrats, Khemka replied, "they know what type of person I am and I don't accept any pressure".

However, in his letter to Chief Secretary P K Chaudhery last week, a day after his transfer on October 11, Khemka wrote, "my family feels threatened due to certain vested elements whose interests were adversely affected by the exposure of scams in this department (last posting). I plead for security and fixed tenure in a cadre post befitting my seniority".

Khemka, who was removed as Inspector General of Registration in the wake of his ordering a probe into all the land dealings of Congress president Sonia Gandhi's son-in-law in four districts of Haryana, has hit back at the government saying it was "grossly unfair to punish him for being upright and exposing the scams".

A 1991-batch IAS officer, Khemka, who claims that it is his 43rd transfer in 20 years, significantly ordered the cancellation of mutation of 3.5 acre plot of land in Manesar- Shikohpur that Vadra had sold to DLF for Rs 58 crores yesterday, four days after the transfer.

Late last week, pursuing a probe he had already initiated, Khemka issued a letter formally ordering an inquiry into the "alleged undervaluation of some properties registered by Shri Robert Vadra or his companies as vendor or vendee." The letter also took note of allegations by activist Arvind Kejriwal against Vadra.

As the issue hotted up and the Haryana government came under attack over its action, chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said transfer is a prerogative of the government.

If his assertions made with regards to the land deals are found to be true, action will be taken against anyone found guilty, he said.

In his letter to P K Chaudhery, Khemka said it seemed to be a "deliberate and malafide" action to punish him due to "some vested elements" in the political-bureaucratic hierarchy "affected by the exposure of the scam in consolidation of land under the garb of exercise of powers".

IAS officer Khemka who ordered probe into Vadra land deals receives "threat calls" - The Times of India

2. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Re: IAS officer Khemka who ordered probe into Vadra land deals receives "threat calls

At least he had the nerve to do it

3. tunguska

tunguska Major SENIOR MEMBER

Re: IAS officer Khemka who ordered probe into Vadra land deals receives "threat calls

This is what we can expect from Government who is deep in corruption and wanted to hide it at all cost. However salute to the officer like ASHOK KHEMKA who has at least tried to fight against corruption. He has been transferred 40 time in his carrier. And He has said that what people thinking about him “Ye bada imandar hai , kisi ki nahi sunega”. I this is biggest complement for honest officer.

And I am sure whole india is with Mr.Ashok Khemka.

2 people like this.
  4. marshal panda

marshal panda Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

If criminals in the garb of politicians can get security cover,why not Ashok Khemka?

5. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

He will become like a babu singham

6. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Goddamn jokers. It's high time dinosaurs like Hooda who are basically lzy, fat and relics from the 80s realize that this sort of $hit doesn't stay hidden.

7. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

hats off to honest officer.

he had the guts to take on gandhi family. salute.

1 person likes this.
  8. Praveen Taneja

Praveen Taneja 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Actually congress is in full fledge mood and know that they are going out of power and after knowing they are making arrangement for next many years to come as in opposition income is not that much. in DLF Vadra case its not any one of them who loses its poor share holders who lost bcoz share price is down to 200 from sky. Gandhi family and there ancestors be it Indira Nehru Moti all were doing there best to loot India and this new young generation Rahul Vinci and Prinyanka are not diffenet from them

9. arun.id

arun.id Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Indira Gandhi looted??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.