Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

ICC 2015

Discussion in 'Sports & Entertainment' started by rocky.idf, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
  2. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    [​IMG]
    27 January 2015Last updated at 10:55 GMT

Pakistan all-rounder Haris Sohail 'spooked' by hotel ghost
    Pakistan all-rounder Haris Sohail was left "visibly shaken" and unable to train after an apparent ghostly encounter in a New Zealand hotel room.

Sohail, 26, says "a supernatural presence" woke him up by shaking his bed, forcing him to seek refuge in the room of a team coach.

The incident allegedly took place at Rydges Latimer in Christchurch

Pakistan are in New Zealand for two warm-up matches and two one-day internationals ahead of the World Cup.

Cricketers and close encounters
    Haris Sohail is not the first cricketer to have been "spooked" by an apparent supernatural experience while staying in a team hotel.

In July, England bowler Stuart Broad switched rooms at the Langham Hotel in London when he said he was woken in the night by his bathroom taps coming on for no reason.

Australia all-rounder Shane Watson was reportedly forced to sleep on team-mate Brett Lee's floor when he was frightened by the ghost of Lumley Castle in Chester-le-Street during the 2005 Ashes tour.

Team manager Naveed Akram Cheema said Sohail phoned a member of the coaching staff to say he had been woken by his bed being shaken.

The coach rushed to his room, where he found the batsman and spinner "shaken and feverish".

Cheeva said team management tried to persuade Sohail the fever may have caused a nightmare, but the player was adamant his experience was "supernatural".

Sohail, who has played nine one-day internationals, was examined by the team doctor after his encounter and found to be in good health.

Pakistan media reported that Sohail was left so traumatised by his experience he was unable to train and was forced to miss a one-day warm-up match against a New Zealand President's XI on Sunday.

He took the field in a second warm-up game in Christchurch on Tuesday and made six runs from 25 balls.

Meanwhile, management at Rydges Latimer says it knows of "no active ghost" on its premises, which are located in the centre of Christchurch

3. oikare

oikare Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    Boring sport in world.

4. Zeus_@21

Zeus_@21 Major SENIOR MEMBER

I would support South Africa this time around as India's chances of getting into super 8's seems very dim. :p

5. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    Last four:

BD, SL, Eng and SA.

m2monty likes this.
  6. turkish

turkish Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

After Sachin's retirement I have stopped watching Cricket. :(

Anees and kiduva21 like this.
  7. sam2012

sam2012 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    That is tie breaker mate , the tri series in australia has answered all the question about current indian team potential down under

8. sam2012

sam2012 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Indian team qualifying to quarter final or going beyond quarters is big question mark current charlton triangular series is proof

World cup might be last reign of dhoni captiancy

9. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    i have lost faith in cricketers and i stopped following cricket after Sachin's retirement.

Srinivasan and Dhoni have turned indian cricket into circus with their attempts to shield tainted people.

Dhoni vice president of India cements. shame on you. are u so short of money that u took a job @ india cements being captain of india. and that is why u refused to acknowledge gurunath as team principle.

Zeus_@21 likes this.
  10. Zeus_@21

Don'r forget Australia is all fired up. And they are used to these playing conditions. Good luck BD!! (y)

11. Zeus_@21

Yes man!, They both screwed with team India. No yuvraj, no Gambhir and many good experienced players are missing from this team. Another sort of partiality is I've seen is some of the class players has not been given enough chance like that of Robin Uthappa. But they are not afraid of turning up with new faces in world cup. RIP! BCCI. :p

12. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    Yep, your team seems to be in no mood for the game.

13. Zeus_@21

I don't expect anything high from the teams of the subcontinent. Last series of SL in Australia was a similar story like that of India. So, I don't count Pakistan, BD or India to be in the mood for the game. It will be between SA, AUS, ENG, NZ, SL or WI. :D

GUNS-N- ROSES likes this.
  14. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I think it will be between Australia, SA, SL, Eng and NZ.

It will be difficult for India to reach semis.

15. Devil

Devil Captain SENIOR MEMBER

because of the ipl drama it will be hard for india to reach even quater final i think india will be out before they reach quarters
    my bet is on Aus. Eng, NZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.