Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

If BJP wins in 2014.

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Anish, Mar 11, 2012.

?

If BJP wins in 2014 what should modi be?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2012.
  1. PM

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. Finance Minister

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Defence Minister

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Home Minister

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4Aces

4Aces Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

I doubt a BJP led govt will come to power (anything can happen though!). I hate to say, but I just don't see a bright future for India if CONgress continues to rule India. FFS an Indian doesn't even rule India!

When I look at India's condition today, all I see are the ingredients for another partition and judging from India's tragic history, it seems the question is not if, but when history will repeat itself!

2. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Illogical reply. We are not talking about reasons as to why we are not better. Read the earlier posts to know the context in which that comment was made.

Nuclear issue: That is only because of money. pakistan got similar deal with china and m sure they will get the same deal once they have money.

3. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

Yes. Seeds of partition are already sown. Muslims are already demand quota in lok sabha and vidhan sabhas. And some parties supportive too. Exactly what Muslim League demanded in 1946. The way the things are going, they will get it too.

Partition is not IF, but WHEN.

4. Hembo

Hembo OLD MOD STAR MEMBER

So in nutshell you do agree that we as a nation (under whose-so-ever's leadership) has made some giant leaps, don't you?

I think you got it wrong. GDP growth rate isn't because of huge population. This will be the second phase of our growth, when most of our polulation will start actively contributing towards GDP & then you'll see the leap in per capita GDP too.

True. From your list, Malayasia & South Africa seems to be doing great in terms of growth & HDI. Mauritus, Vantau etc. are very small nation with very low population & blessed with natural tourism since their inception. However, the fact remains that these countries didn't have to go on a non-stop shoping spree of defence equipments & engage in multiple wars right after their independence. This certainly had slowed down India's growth to a large extent.

OK. No further comment on these lines.

Well, I'm not. But I'm also not at all fond of the so called charismatic ignorants like Lalus, Mayawatis, Mulayams, Uma Bhartis, Varun Gandhis & Digvijay singhs & their likes.

5. Hembo

IMO, seeds of partion & stuff like that are just paranoia & much often practiced extreme talks of right wingers.

The problem with congress though is sticking with dynastic politics & refusing to change with time, which unfortunately is a problem with many political parties of India at present.

6. rcscwc

In 1946 toom this was heard: Paranoi. But partition did happen with unpralelled genocide and ethnic cleansing of Hindus. Btw, ethnic cleansing of Hindus from Kashmir too did happen, even if there is a tendency to forget about it.

In 1946 too Jinaah had demanded job and parliament quotas for muslims. Not only that, he wanted one of the posts of Prez/PM to be guaranteed to muslims. Cong turned it down and Jinnah demanded partition. Nehru too termed it as paranoia.

Call them extreme right wingers, Hindus are wary of another partition. They have been bitten once, and don't want to be bitten second time. Forgot recent break up of Yugoslavia along religious boundaries?

7. rcscwc

Yea. But it is a miracle that India managed to outlast Nehru. Mountains of steel, no cement. India is yet to overcome the housing deficit.

Yes. India did take big strides. But, so what? In 47, India had no industries worth the name. So, whatever you did was a STRIDE. And, all of it was expected.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  8. rcscwc

You want to hail the queen? Go do it.

9. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

BJP has already disrupted the first session of the parliament, if you think I'll vote for these morons you all are mighty mistaken.

10. rcscwc

1. None is asking you to vote for morons.

2. Parliament sessions have been disrupted by Cong too. With this criterion, you can never vote. All are "guilty".

11. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

No one has disrupted for 4 continuous parliament sessions, more than 90 bills are pending because of them.

12. RAGE

RAGE 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

BJP SCAM LIST !

Operation Westend
    Phukhan Commission
    Kargil Coffin Scam
    Kargil Cess Misuse
    Telecom Scam- Pramod Mahajan-Reliance-Arun Shourie-Bailout Package to Private Players
    UTI Scam
    Cyberspace Infosys Ltd. Scam
    Petrol Pump and Gas Agency Allotment Scam
    Judeo Scam
    Centaur Hotel Deal, Delhi Land Allotment Scam
    HUDCO Scam involving Ananth Kumar
    Landscams in Rajasthan (Raje)
    Bellary Mining and Reddy Brothers
    Kushabhau Thackre Trust Scam in MP
    Land Allotment in Karnataka (Yeddyurappa)
    Punjab Bribery Case
    Uttrakhand Hydel Power scam
    Land Scams in Chattisgarh mines
    Cash For Query Scam in Chattisgarh
    Pune Land Scam (Involving Mumbai BJP President)
    Nitin Gadkari-Adarsh Scam (Flat owner by proxy)
    Gas-Based Power Plant Scam in Uttrakhand
    BJP leaders involved in Fake Pilot Scam
    CWG- Sudhanshu Mittal and Vijay Kumar Malhotra & Co.
    VSNL Disinvestment Scam by Arun Shourie
    Arvind Johri-Vajpayee-IT Park Lucknow Scam
    Delhi Plot Allotment Scam
    Medical Procurement Scam - C P Thakur
    BALCO Disinvestment Scam
    Jain-Hawala Case -L K Advani

13. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

14. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Yes we did. But even at present we are not better than most of the former colonies.

I was talking about GDP with reference to population. Growth rate is not because of population.

Let me quote Myself

No denying here. But again point was different in which that post was made.

Aise namune har desh me hote hai....naya kya hai :lol:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  15. Hembo

During partition, mostly Muslims, Sikhs & Hindus were killed due to communal violence & yes, Congress was mostly responsible for that. But that isn't reason to point to another partition as some may like to believe.

Killing & displacement of Kashmiri Pundits were due to militants instigated by Pakistan. Not a good example. But knowing the far fetched ness of most right wingers, I would not surprised if some one says if BJP were rulling they would have defeated Pakistan completely & taken entire J&K & Hence no militancy in Kashmir valley.

The context of partition during independence, I guess, isn't a strong subject for you. In any case, I'll repeat myself, threat of further partition on the basis religion is a paranoia which some extreme right wingers & muslim haters would like to spread. But it will remain what it is, paranoiac BS. Its they who would jump at every opportunity to divide the country based on religion & fail to notice that the country has moved on and we are now close to being a homogeneous mixture of all religion.

Fortunately these extreme muslim/ Islam hating right wingers does not represent the Hindus, although they would like to believe so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.