Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Incredibly racist Chinese museum exhibit displays photos of Africans alongside animals

Discussion in 'China & Asia Pacific' started by BMD, Oct 14, 2017.

1. proud_indian

proud_indian 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    even in India this ad will be considered racist

2. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    The black model even said it wasn't racist and described it as a PC witch hunt.

3. proud_indian

Country Flag:
    India
    Her explanation doesn't weigh much.

A picture is worth a thousand worth and A video is worth a thousand pictures.

4. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    It went black-white-Asian. So if it was racist against blacks, then it was also racist against whites.

5. proud_indian

Country Flag:
    India
    It might be but then the makers of the ad are white themselves.
    You know I have nothing against the whites. My argument is that all the races are racist in one way or another, some do it out of ignorance and other do it intentionally. So we can't just single out Chinese.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  6. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    (a) How do you know that for sure? Are you making the assumption that no black person could ever be an ad maker? That sounds more racist to me.

(b) If so, wouldn't it be illogical for a white ad maker to racially discriminate against themselves in favour of Asians?

(c) If they'd put the white person first, then people would complain they were putting whites before blacks.

The dove advert does not remotely compare to stuffing a black person in a washing machine and having them come out Chinese.

7. proud_indian

Country Flag:
    India
    I mean the Unilever is a Dutch-British company and they approved this advert.

Degree of racism doesn't change the fact.

8. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Yes but Unilever employs lots of black and Asian people, so there's no way of knowing who made or approved this ad.

There is no racism. I don't feel racially offended that a white person took off their shirt and turned Asian, so why should a black person feel offended that a black person took off their shirt and turned white? None of the races were portrayed as dirty either. I really don't get it.

9. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    This explains it fully. A small handful of people found it racist and only posted a screenshot showing black-to-white, people rushed in to condemn Dove and invested so much energy into the condemnation that they couldn't back-pedal after seeing the full ad and admit that they were wrong.

10. Pushyamitra

Pushyamitra IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    Nothing wrong with that. Rich and superpower India back in the day was racist from start of Vedic civilization or indus civilization when bunch of south iranids had evsaved natives of nW india.