Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India cannot become a global power via arms buildup says People's Daily China.

Discussion in 'China & Asia Pacific' started by ColdPlay, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

You say that in china and its of to the firing squad for you!
    Honestly Insulting prole like the way you do only make you look Idiotic!

2. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Yeah, these guys don't know the value of India's freedom, they just know how to criticize. No other Asian country gives as much freedom as India.

3. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    If the congress stays in power we will have the firing squad

4. d14gtc

d14gtc Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

what a crap....lols..:rofl:

We neither ve such intentions to rule the world by building up arms ???? like themselves........ Its just like the way --> to shedout your own intentions by blaming others for the same to avoid finger pointing from others.....Pak and china ve from always such game plan and do try to run from thier liabilities towards global concens.

I better suggest them to first peep inside your own pants and see the truth than to try always pulling others pants to defame them.:no:

5. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    i see a lot of chest thimping on this thread on this thread.

i say we r no way near china in terms of development. we are 20-30 yrs behind china in almost all the fields.

china is way ahead of us in industrialisation and technologuy. china manufactures bullet trains, aircraft engines, air craft carriers and almost everything. and we have only started making aircraft carriers and aircraft enginees (not even inducted). we have no indegenous bullet trains or metro trains. almost everything is imported from west.

i say it again, nations are not built on imported technology. we dont even have a single weapons system that is comparable to best in class. we all know story of LCA and Arjun.

i dont wanan sound like a chinese fan boy (those oldies on the forum know better), but i am afraid i agree with the author.

6. Katsuhiro

Katsuhiro FULL MEMBER

No country in the world is much upset about Indian military and welcomes it. Chinese government should look into the military aggression it is making with all its neighboring countries. And after the maritime boat incident, they are asking for apology from Japan about second world war!

Japan and United States of America welcome Indian military development.

4 people like this.
  7. satya

satya Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

And whenever you ask this to any chinese they simply say that they are making peaceful development and everybody else are evil
    Its true we cannot become global power by simply arms buildup but it is indeed an important part
    And I dont understand why china need to say this

8. baajey

baajey REGISTERED

please dont act like a kid.... it wont kill u to admit that china is way ahead of us in every parameter of development, be it social , economical or military projection of power. no doubt we r much better off now than we were in '62. but blind patriotism didnt help anybody

9. baajey

baajey REGISTERED

thank u katsuhiro sensei (forgive my japanese),
    but in the event of a war between india n china (which is unlikely), neither japan or US shall be kind enuf to help india out. its very naive of some indian ppl to think that we have buddies who can save us at the time of our need. it wasnt in '62, n it wont be now either.
    please dont bring russia in this......dynamics have changed a lot since '71

10. debabrata

debabrata REGISTERED

I don't think it is poor journalism. You see journalists are dead people in China. This is "good propaganda"

11. debabrata

debabrata REGISTERED

I understand that confidence is good. But arrogance is never good.

12. Sanjeeb Bose

Sanjeeb Bose Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Arrogance is do required at certain placed to overcome difficulties, its the way you look at it...

13. Sanjeeb Bose

Sanjeeb Bose Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

India, United States Of America, Japan & Vietnam have to come together to teach this evil empire [read China] a lesson or two.

14. debabrata

debabrata REGISTERED

Your are correct in stating that China is ahead of us in many fields but not by 20-30 years. Chinese have reached level of industrial growth by exploiting nature and labor. In fact most companies use China as their preferred production destination not because of any technological superiority but they do is to avoid environmental and labor related responsibility. Their current boon in industrial field also originates from unlawful business practices (even Obama says so). It is also by far accepted that the current Chinese economic practices are unsustainable. Chinese are accepted as cheep producers not quality manufacturers. Don't trust me? Try looking for reputed Chinese companies.

Speaking on other points that you kept. Bullet trains were first built in Japan and England. Chinese were late comers and built upon existing technology. The quality of their bullet train network is also often in question. I don't know much about Chinese aerospace industry so would refrain from commenting but at this juncture it is essential to remind you that the Chinese are not exactly ethical and build a lot by reverse engineering.

Our apathy towards technological R&D is sad indeed. But i don't believe that bullet train network are good for a developing nation where it is more of liability than an acquisition.

I would like to remind you that Chinese are currently operating any aircraft carrier. They are however building upon an incomplete Soviet carrier Vryag. They are also building another carrier themselves lately but because of Chinese secrecy we hard know anything about it.

You also do not seem to be satisfied with our current weapons systems. Let me inform you then that India has a world class Ballistic missile program. We also have a highly advanced Ballistic air defense system. It is also need less to speak of Brahmos etc. I would also like to remind you of our satellite launching capability which is no doubt good. I can understand your apathy towards Tejas and our dependence on imports from west but i must remind you of the various sanctions that we had on ourselves before 2002. Our lack of access to western technology meant that we had to start almost from scratch. It lead to unsatisfactory products and hence the dependence. I did not understand what you meant when you said "We all know the story of Arjun" can you please elaborate.

I cannot ignore your obsession with idea of Indian inferiority. It is very strange that you agreed with the People's daily. I would like to point to you that they were not commenting upon the quality of our defense establishment rather they seemed to be impressed by it what they are accusing us of is using China as pretext of defense expansion. They are also speculating on our intent and were accusing us of creating a power imbalance in South Asia. So i beg you to reconsider you comment.

I would have posted you links but i am not allowed to since i am new.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  15. tangocharlie

tangocharlie Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

We are improving in many fields like every product has a version associated with it. We had learnt from our mistakes and changed our mistake in success.

- Our IGMP, which was started to make our self self dependence in field of Missile technology. Now you can see, what the progress
    we had done in this field. Even some of our neighbors start thinking ourselves seriously.

- Earlier we take Russian help tp put our satellites in space with there space rockets. But we are self sufficient and also helping other
    countries to put there satellite in space and that is also cost effective in comparison to other country.

- We were considered third world country in past. But now the things has changed. India is considered as Medical Tourism country for for there cheap and effective medical services.

- We make many world class drugs which is exported in many developed countries.

- Our Automobile industry is also producing good quality product world wide. Even, Chines copy those product and push them in world
    market. Example - trucks, bikes and cars

- We are world leaders in Information Technology and Software Technology. Now every second company in world has a support, R&D
    and DR center in India.

- We are now making or trying to make our defense product indigenous. Though, no one is perfect in every field so we are. But we
    are at least trying to achieve perfectness in our work.

So, I am not a blind patriot but believes in the statement "A thing can happen twice in your life, first is in your dreams and second in your realty." So, we are dreaming and chaining our dreams in reality.

Jai Hind !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.