Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India establishes High-Speed Rail Corporation

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by Chanakya's_Chant, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonas

jonas Captain SENIOR MEMBER

A question for you. Do Indian railways hold yearly stats in regards to deaths on the railways. If so how do they break down,and how many were caused by what you call train surfing. Should be interesting reading.

1 person likes this.
  2. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

yeah, anyone can get this data by filing an RTI

yeah, anyone can get this data by filing an RTI

1 person likes this.
  3. Vyom

Vyom Captain IDF NewBie

the population of just bout twice of that of the entire Europe. With a GDP of nearly 1/3rd of that of the EU. A third world country but progressing at a very fast pace. What do you fuuking expect ?? Eldorado or Sangri-La ?

Its project that will take at-least a decade to culminate, the economy will pick up much more pace by then. As far as the social demographic and Idiots jumping around railway tracks, evolution will catch up to them.

Some of you foreign a$$hole,s who never came to India never understood the multitude of problem we have been facing, expect a fuking European paradise in India. We are like elephant we move ahead slowly but surely, they day this elephants starts to run, just get of the way.

Wait for a decade and a year or two more... just bloody wait.

3 people like this.
  4. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    yes someone please manage those stats as jonas and AA are running out of something to laugh on :whistle:

5. omya

Country Flag:
    India
    those pics you have seen on internet are from Bangladesh

1 person likes this.
  6. jonas

3 people like this.
  7. Vyom

Vyom Captain IDF NewBie

More than once I have seen you take pot shots at India. And if the fact that you have been here for more than once, It would have been reasonable to expect that you would atleast be knowing of the conditions here. if whilst your stay here you were absolutely oblivious to the realities of and the situation that India faces, and you have restricted your visit to the plush city hotels.

The point of discussions was a high-speed railway project being undertaken by the Government. Yet, you were keenly interested if the the bio-digestrers would be installed on roofs where hundreds of people sit. Ah, beautiful sarcasm ! or was it something else? and when a member replied in a "civilized way" that rules and Law are taking their course. You inquired for statistical records of the people who have been in killed accidents, satiating that it would be 'interesting' to read.

If my words were abusive, perhaps you are now aware because it was my intention to be, and it certainly, let me assure you, doesn't reflect my lack of vocabulary. It was how exactly as vulgar as your mind seemed to me. So if the words were vulgar, apparently I did'nt intend go though the pain of sugarcoating my reply.

Not once but on many posts I have observed, how your replies have been not only to Indian but also to Pakistani and French members as well.

If arguing in a civilized way means to use good English words to say bad things, I guess it can be done.

But what words to chose for a person, in this case who comes out in his true form when the moon is full, is my prerogative.

Regards,
    Vyom

2 people like this.
  8. Vyom

Vyom Captain IDF NewBie

[MENTION=9438]omya[/MENTION] : my keyboard didn't break. Sometimes if I am disgusted, I just explain my stand to my dog and let him do the typing, He is quite adept in it.

:smoking1:

9. jonas

Yes I can see that,please offer my congratulations to your dog on his above post.
    Yet even he can't help scattering his post with insults, it is not the 'use of good english words' it is more about having good manners which you seem to be sadly lacking in and have passed on to your canine friend.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  10. Eddie

Eddie Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

[MENTION=9466]jonas[/MENTION] you said you have visited India many times. Did you really see someone riding on the top of the train. I am asking because i am a frequent train traveller and I have not yet seen someone travelling like that.

1 person likes this.
  11. INDIAN NATIONALIST

INDIAN NATIONALIST Major SENIOR MEMBER

Probably a good number have died but that is of their own volition.

And let's face it, UK, Germany, Japan took their fair share of lives when they were industrializing. At least in India the governance is to try and respect people's right to life.

But development is messy business, after all. Especially when some citizens or subjects face institutional discrimination. China is modernizing relatively recently as well and the process wasn't exactly ideal there either except perhaps in their case its more difficult to say because of state-run-media practicing censorship; so we're left to speculate.
    Is there an example of a world power with a clean slate, so to speak?

On the other hand, now I feel like I'm making excuses; it's not such a bad thing that Indians feel uncomfortable about the status-quo. Better than being complacent.

2 people like this.
  12. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Look here people, this is probably what Jonas means -

[​IMG]

Just across the border in Pakistan...

[​IMG]

The subcontinent has a long way to go in terms of railways. The sheer number of people who need to be
    transported back and forth demands great time & money in order to make it possible for all of them to sit
    in the coaches instead on top of it, and all around it!

We are progressing, but it's never possible to see immediate results in this country.

2 people like this.
  13. omya

Country Flag:
    India
    it was for jonas actually he made some quoting mistakes....thats why i said

@at all
    you guys need to smoke some weed :troll:

14. omya

Country Flag:
    India
    same here it is just like one of those things which foreigners use to make fun of india...

3 people like this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Its a stereotype which has struck with them. Though jonas true intention was to troll. Vyom did ensure that he won't do it again :)

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.