Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India establishes High-Speed Rail Corporation

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by Chanakya's_Chant, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

dear if you read my post

There is no question about the development of rail infra my point is that instead of focusing on new high speed lines we should focus on efficient and effective usage of current infra e.g.

Infra

1. We can upgrade the existing track infra to run trains at average speeds upto 220 -250 kms/ hr without major costs
    so the best would be upgrade the same and run trains at average speeds of 220 km instead of investing huge amounts for a high speed network running trains at average speed of 300 km/hr

2. Second the money saved can be invested in rooftop solar projects on all railway stations and make the railway stations net generator of electricity instead of user of electricity

3. the money so saved can be used to expand conventional rail network to the parts of the country where we still do not have railways

4. Ahmedabad - Mumbai - highway as well as railway is one of the busiest routes in the whole country with the highest traffic density. And more traffic growth is expected

5. The cargo trains from pipavav port, mundra port and kandla port to all north based ICDs are double stacked container trains ( double decker container trains and they are run at fairly high speeds this needs to be replicated across the country so with the same no of trains, same no of flat cars our cargo carrying capacity will simply double.

6. Already Two dedicated freight corridors are under construction one from delhi to mumbai and one from delhi to calcutta or some place (i am not sure about the exact end point ). these are double track railway lines being layed for exclusive cargo movement.
    We can add two four more DFC
    * mumbai to chennai
    * Chennai to calcutta
    On the lines of Golden Quadrilateral (road Network)

* Somnath / dwarka to assam or link it with proposed railway links to myanmar thailand vietnam thru bangladesh
    * Delhi to chennai link
    On the lines of East - west / North South highway links

these will provide exclusive cargo moving capacity and free up the existing railway network for passenger train use

THere are so many many little things which can give us more bang for the buck and solve many of our problems - without going for New Expensive high speed networks - especially in a scenario where their economic viability is questionable

we need to develop Full height double decker passeenger coaches so that by using them

3 people like this.
  2. Anees

Anees Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    New project will launch on election time only , but when its finish no time schedule.....:angry:

3. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

This is old pics, currently most of the lines are now electrified and there is no chance that they travel on top.

1 person likes this.
  4. Vyom

Vyom Captain IDF NewBie

Well, My dog just types... and he was being polite.

The manners well they are perfectly mine, I can behave the way I want to, but my behavior are situation and person specific. However, my priority are intentions to show one a mirror. When I see Dorian Gray ... it hard to be polite.

5. Vyom

Vyom Captain IDF NewBie

So you smoked weed... Don't wander near a railway station you may have a tendency to ride those trains as a cowboy. :troll:

1 person likes this.
  6. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

Few things about the high speed Rail project that they might understand...
    1. The entire line should be built on Elevated track (using bridges) so that some tom ******** and harry does not have to cross the tracks they can just walk below the bridge.

2. The land to be acquired should be at least 50 metres to both side of the track so that there are no bulidings touching the line (or bridge) any construction within 200 metres of the line should have written permission from the High speed rail people

3. Better the main stations be built outside the city so that the area outside the city develops, this station can be connected to city using rail line or metro, thus ensuring the development of city and not using precious real estate within the city.

Also the trains should be on time as they are going to connect cities that are say 500 kms from each other, so the there should be no delayed trains.

1 person likes this.
  7. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    And I used to think Mumbai Local is crowded

8. Chanakya's_Chant

Chanakya's_Chant 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

First of all those stats which I was talking about were the ones concerning the number of Locomotives and Passenger Coaches -

Locomotives:- As of 31 March 2012, Indian Railways had 5,197 diesel locomotives (increased from 17 on 31 March 1951), 4,309 electric locomotives (increased from 72 on 31 March 1951) and 43 steam locomotives (decreased from 8,120 on 31 March 1951).

Passenger Coaches:- Passenger coaches numbered 46,722 on 31 March 2012 - Electric Multiple Unit (EMU) numbered 7,793 on 31 March 2012.

So naturally if we increase the number of Railway Locomotives (especially Electric ones) and Passenger Coaches then there will be an acute decline in those train surfing cases - which has already been recorded - On account of personal experience I can say that for I am a daily passenger in the Indian Railways (except weekends). Yes I can't certainly deny the fact that these incidents are still taking place occasionally in the country whenever we have a major festival approaching or there is any competitive examination being held (the dates of which disclosed hardly some week before commencement due to obvious reasons) - and to deal with the same the IR has started arranging "Special Trains" at such instances which have finally lead to the decease in the same - I can assure you that - such incidents are now rare.....

Ans as far as the records of deaths in such railway accidents are concerned - I guess the records maintained by the RPF (Railway Police Force) can be accessed through the National Crime Records Bureau official website - Welcome to National Crime Records Bureau - and the rest are maintained by the IR itself which can be accessed through filing an RTI in the same concern through the Department of Personnel & Training, Government of India and that can be filed online also at a charge of Rs. 10 or £ 0.10 or $ 0.161 through credit/debit card or internet banking - RTI Online :: Home | Submit RTI Request | Submit RTI First Appeal | View RTI Status | RTI FAQ - Right to Information Act (India)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.