Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India eyes Russian S-400 Triumf + associated news

Discussion in 'Indian Military Doctrine' started by arulcharles, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    5 systems just for Delhi? Seems like a bit much no? And do you mean purely ballistic missile defense or aerial defense?

2. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

No, that's pretty normal for the threats we face.

I mean both BMD and air defence. Basically full spectrum A2/AD.

3. LonewolfSandeep

LonewolfSandeep Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    With capital outlay at just 86,488 Cr, a mere 6% hike :confused::disagree::frown:, dont argue well for lots of long pending mega projects. At 1.63% of GDP we are at 1962 time. And we all know China attacks when we (India) are weak. The main reason they have continually maintained deferment of settlement of International Border for a later date (aka, when their military is lot stronger, they force it & decide it for us, including sovereignty of decisions, like its bullying smaller nations now)
    Why why 2.5% or 3% our economists cant maintain as min requirement. Cant they understand there wont be a economy in India, if there is no credible defence. :fighting1::flood::hang2::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::mod::mod::mod::mod::frust::prison::sad::shocked::sick::smile::taz::tribaldance::tsk::eek::oops::rolleyes::itching

Expected DM to put up a better fight & also not surrender unspent, to govt to adjust fiscal deficit. First DM of independent India i believed in to make the required & necessary change, but he didn't maintain spine either & went down the drain :treadmill: :surrender::offtopic:

PS: For those in politics, who think defence dont win votes, my vote was for BJP coz of DM, now i am floater/undecided/swing voter again. My message defence cant be put in backburner at expense of other populist measures. Just lost 1

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Schwifty and PARIKRAMA like this.
  4. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Remove Jai-Italyji from Finance Ministry. He is working to finish off Modi & BJP.

LonewolfSandeep likes this.
  5. Ved Mishra

Ved Mishra Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    If 36k Cr were returned unspent by DM then it means that the budget of 86k Cr cannot be spent in a year as no capital acquisition requires full payment upfront. It is payment in tranches. So even if we pay 86k Cr in a year as first tranche payment it means we are looking at atleast 8- 10 big ticket deals whose first tranche payment will not exceed 8-10 k Cr. Am I able to convey my point?

6. LonewolfSandeep

Country Flag:
    India
    No...

7. LonewolfSandeep

Country Flag:
    India
    100% agree, all good work of modi & DM, is easily ruined by jaitely, there cant be a good budget, if its at expense of indian defence, i tie future indian sovereignty to defence, all things point there be a major conflict in our region in next decade & half... will we be ready to defend our motherland!!!

8. Ved Mishra

Country Flag:
    India
    Sorry I can not explain it better. Let me try. Did we pay France entire 59k Cr. while sealing the Rafale deal? Hope I am clearer now.

9. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

We sign a contract and then pay in installments as and when they deliver. We don't make upfront payments for the full amount.

10. LonewolfSandeep

Country Flag:
    India
    lol bro, from helmets, to bullet proof jackets, to sniper rifles, to quality modular arms to zillion other things - what u said is just lame excuses, just been armtwisted & surrendered to put a fixed portion to fiscal deficit.
    Maybe after another asskicking like we received in 1962, will these maroons wake up again, for 40 years, like 1962 was totally brought on by similar logic, by idiot Nehru, for economy at expense of marginalising defense, like jaitley doing now.

11. Ved Mishra

Country Flag:
    India
    No the money which is left unspent needs to be returned. You need money to work. Not lie idle. What if the entire money was spent?

For finance ministry it's the over all economy. This unutilised money could be used in other critical areas where there is immediate requirement.

Lastly FM is answerable to PM. Jaitlyji cannot decide on his own and decide.

It's the pace of military acquisitions that is bothering you. Wait till this Govt runs the show till Mar'19. Have patience.

12. LonewolfSandeep

Country Flag:
    India
    yes waiting for another 1962 for guys like u & jaitley to finally get some sense, who honestly believe money cant be spent, with so much pending backlog of critical & urgent spheres, u believe DM is incapable to spend or put it in a future fund for modernising, which wont get completed by the way, by next decade for lack of funds. And no damn arm twisting & surrender has not taken place for a prefixed amount decided few months earlier

13. Ved Mishra

Country Flag:
    India
    This is not 1962. You are expecting Chinese to invade India!!!
    DM is a capable person. Who has armtwisted who? Who has surrendered and to whom?
    Have patience. No contract or work for defence has stopped due to lack of funds.

14. LonewolfSandeep

Country Flag:
    India
    And as per you neither S400 triumf, coundnt have gone through from ur source of unspeant 36K cr for the same.... after all, u probably rate it low in priority too.. no, the way, Chinese are progressing, we are not very different from 1962 equivalent military wise.

When chinese settle the border in writing then its settled, else means lets decide when situation is more favourable to me aka china. why chinese taking up howitzers & other arms sales with USA doing to India, if it has no future intentions.
    U probably think CPEC is economic too. No My dear friend, its Gwadar port lease out for 99 years, which happen in next couple of years (max by 2020) & future conflict multiple influx points Like West pak, leh, Sikkim, Nepal, Myammar on rapid scale over roads & rail infra build behind & over see via Indonesia, Bangladesh, Srilanka & Gwadar. Its future ready strategy.

15. Ved Mishra

Country Flag:
    India
    To address those intentions we will be having Arihant and sister subs. China is opportunistic. Not suicidal.