Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India eyes Russian S-400 Triumf + associated news

Discussion in 'Indian Military Doctrine' started by arulcharles, Oct 11, 2015.

1. abhitej

abhitej Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    No. Lets say US sends 5 carrier battle group in South China Sea to fight Chinese Navy. All 5 carrier battle groups will be destroyed because China has more than enough anti ship missiles/submarines to destroy the fleet. But India will not be able to destroy all 5 carrier battle groups in Indian Ocean as we do not have enough submarines/ant ship missiles.

Carrier battle group has air defence but they can be overcome in a very cost effective way by saturated anti ship missile attack.

2. venureddy

venureddy Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    but there will always a threat to MPA's from the enemy arieal assets. yes MPA's are as good and effective as submarines but the most effective weapon against a submarine is a better submarine as far as i am concerned. please correct me if i am wrong.:):):)

3. venureddy

Country Flag:
    India
    in one way what you said is true but not entirely true. there is a very effective counter to the missiles called jamming and secondly missiles need a guidance right??? now chinese navigation system is not yet fully developed and operational. so in a way they doesn't have a proper guidance system except for GLONASS(and russia would not want china to destroy US and be a sole superpower and china can't) so to put it easily if both russia and US have blocked their respective navigation systems the effectiveness of those missiles will reduce by many folds as they use those systems as a key source for their navigation. but submarines are effective and deadly for ACs but we all know that chinese subs are noisy compared to the US and russian counterparts and US has decades of experience in anti submarine ops and is one of the best if not the best in anti sub ops their carriers can be quite effective.

4. venureddy

Country Flag:
    India
    yes and they are quite effective.

5. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

Then China can destroy every single ship in the world. Similarly, one Chinese soldier can take out an entire company of troops. One Chinese tank can take out 30 enemy tanks too.

It appears logic is unnecessary in a discussion with you.

6. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

A submarine is the best killer. But it is slow compared to aircraft. So it depends on the scenario.

If you want to send something out for stealth kills, then you need a submarine. But if you want a full blown offensive battle, you need everything you have. And CBGs have everything they need to protect everything they have while also being able to influence an area far away from the CBG using aircraft, something submarines cannot do.

Submarine killing tactics are the most complex of all naval tactics. It's not sword vs sword, you also need a shield and armour. So an MPA can pick up an enemy sub and then inform its location to an ASW asset or a friendly submarine. You need a lot of teamwork.

7. venureddy

Country Flag:
    India
    you are some what right. the knowledge he have is certainly limited and he refuses to accept it.

8. venureddy

Country Flag:
    India
    yes killing a submarine will require info from multiple assets like MPA's which can be used to locate a submarine and if possible destroy them or send the coordinates to an ASW ship or submarine and with Indian Navy focusing on network centric warfare all our assets will see what MPA's are seeing in real time. it will be a lot more effective if all the assets are used as a single force.

9. abhitej

Country Flag:
    India
    I feel the same about you people.

10. abhitej

Country Flag:
    India
    Are you aware of US Navy's new doctrine of distributed lethality.

11. venureddy

Country Flag:
    India
    if 100 people think about a guy that he is dumb and lacks knowledge about a subject i guess it wont take much common sense to understand what he is.

12. abhitej

Country Flag:
    India
    There are hardly 10 people active on this forum and most are agents of import lobby. I understand.

Paliwal Warrior likes this.
  13. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

the HERD mentalaity ?

so you all are a herd

14. venureddy

Country Flag:
    India
    its not a herd mentality. all i did was to state that he has a limited knowledge on that subject and there are better informed people than him. he wont accept that fact and now you are supporting him!!!! it seems rather surprising to me. everybody has their own opinions and i respect that. and if anybody is wrong they must admit it with courage and not tucktail from accepting the truth.
    @Paliwal Warrior did you even read the earlier posts of abhitej??
    and @abhitej you seem to believe that you know all the info about defense?? but you dont. and theories does not matter when it comes to performance of weapons in war. if what you are saying is true theorotically 10 chinese missiles can destroy all the 10 US navy carriers but reality is far from the theory. and i guess you have forgotten to answer my earlier post about guidance of the missiles.!!!

15. venureddy

Country Flag:
    India
    provide a link i am interested in reading it.