Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India, Pak must stop using RAW, ISI against each other: Imran

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by tariqkhan18, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tariqkhan18

tariqkhan18 Major Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Shyam Bhatia in London

Imran Khan says India and Pakistan should stop using their intelligence agencies for settling scores against each other and base their future relations on civilised dialogue around a table.

The former Pakistani cricketer-turned-politician, who was speaking at the London School of Economics, criticised what he described as the “back-stabbing†role of the agencies, like India’s RAW and Pakistan’s ISI.

He called for a “stable relationship where all our problems are discussed politically, based around a dialogue around a table and with an end to the role of intelligence agencies. “Any issue about Kashmir should be dealt with on the table and not using militants. It hasn’t worked.â€

Imran, visiting the UK to promote his autobiography, ‘A Personal History’, is currently ranked as one of Pakistan’s most popular politicians. His political party, Tehreeq-e-Insaaf, is also expected to attract massive new support when the country goes to the polls in 2012.

He attracted repeated applause from a packed audience at the LSE where he talked about bilateral relations with India, the abysmal state of Pakistani politics, terrorism and the war in neighbouring Afghanistan.

Asked about India-Pakistan relations, he responded, “As I’ve always maintained, you can’t change your neighbours. You have to live with them in a civilised manner.â€

He added that Pakistan blames India for its troubles in Baluchistan and India blames Pakistan for the unrest in Kashmir. But asking his audience to look ahead, he went on: “The future is bright for South Asians.â€

As far as Pakistan was concerned, Imran projected what he described as a “soft revolution†through the ballot box when elections are held next year. He claims that his own party, Tehreeq-e-Insaaf, is number one in the tribal areas and in the last four weeks alone has attracted 3,50,000 new members.

He anticipated “light at the end of the tunnel†because of increased political awareness than ever before, the existence of an independent Supreme Court and a vibrant, independent media.

Asked which Pakistani leader was his role model, he replied, “Jinnah. The reason is that Jinnah never compromised on his goals. He was selfless. He was dying of TB, but never gave up.â€

If his party wins the next elections, Imran said one of his priorities would be to reduce the level of violence in the country. He painted a bleak picture of Pakistan where the economy has lost some $ 70 billion, terrorism is rampant on city streets and recent attacks on military bases, including army and navy headquarters, suggest deep internal divisions. He also explained that this has been the bloodiest year for Pakistan since independence with revenge attacks for every Pakistani army move against militants in the tribal areas.

In Imran’s words, Pakistan has become a polarised society with 30 Taliban groups active in the country.
    The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Main News

2. KillBill

KillBill 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Whats new that he told in this? That's what we all know and speak of but at the same time we all know deep down that, this is not going to happen.

With the history of mistrust that we share with each other, it will take a while before political scene changes anyway

3. Observer

Observer 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

This guy talk sense. But i doubt once he comes to power will he be talking same. As it was not evident in the past few prime ministers of Pakistan. What ever be the reason all PMs of Pakistan have changed there stand or they where powerless to take any stand.

4. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Let Pakistan take the initiative, as it is hurting them More.

5. Ahmad

Ahmad 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

the only good thing which came out of imran khan.

6. Mr Hit Smith

Mr Hit Smith 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Imran Khan " Man Of his Word's!" >> I Doubt That :what:

7. vikas jat

vikas jat Captain SENIOR MEMBER

lets wait and watch i hope he will be different n dont do back stabbing like past pakistan hukumraans

8. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Who cares about what he thinks :coffee:

9. pari.mehta

pari.mehta FULL MEMBER

hmm, like ive always though. if anyone gets omplee power in Pakistan thell move for peace. if the ultra-nationalist musharraf was willing to strike a deal wrt to kashmir, anyone will.
    In this power vacuum there, where everyone is gunning for power, PPP, army and PML-N, no one wants to spend the political capital on peace. If a politician come with a huge majority, or the army comes in again, and are in a position where their power wont be threatened, thell work for peace.
    Peace just makes too much sense here. Pak cant deal with internal problems with 3/4ths of its army bogged down on the border and india really just wants the terrorism to stop.

10. lucifer

lucifer Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

yea.... we should do as he recommends. I mean what are intelligence agencies for? peeling potatoes, I assume going by this tool.

11. Aboveall

Aboveall 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Imran Bhai when you become PM of your beloved nation only than you might succeed in practising what you are preaching to Pakistan's Army. They are under the influence of China at the present time. I would suggest to you get out from under the China's ginni and establish your independent foreign policy based on no interference into the internal affairs of your neighbouring countries. Bring your ISI under the civilian administration. Than we will talk about RAW's role in your internal affairs. We do not want promises but visible results.

I wish you best of luck in your political career. I must at the end thank you for carrying on with the social and charitable causes.
    I hope Pakistani citizens come to support in large numbers so that you are able to achieve your goals in public service.

12. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Imran is acting naive, he knows very well that their is no proof against RAW/India. But Pakistan's politics doesn't work without mentioning India !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.