Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India planning to send 15,000 troops to Afghanistan

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by SrNair, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SrNair

SrNair Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    India planning to send 15,000 troops to Afghanistan

Special Correspondent

Washington

Diplomatic reports reaching here say that the Indian National Security Advisor Ajit Doval is planning to rush to Afghanistan in an attempt to cash on the latest wave of terrorist attacks and make an official offer of sending Indian troops to defend Afghan Government leaders.
    A reliable report also claimed that Mr. Ajit Doval had recently met with Afghan National Security Advisor Hanif Atmar in Russia a few days earlier and had asked Afghan government to deliver an official invitation to the Indian Government to dispatch Indian troops.
    Reports reaching here from Kabul say that Afghanistan’s pro-Indian lobby had been trying to exploit the blast for its own gains and objectives and has increased anti-Pakistan propaganda despite the fact that Pakistanis had also become victims of Kabul blast.
    Afghan Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid has strongly denied any involvement in the attack and said that Taliban leadership had issued instructions against targeting any civilian or civilian facilities. Afghan Talibans says it could be a conspiracy to pave the way for more foreign troops in Afghanistan.
    Despite strong condemnation from Pakistan the pro-India Afghan leaders and lobbies including former Afghan intelligence chief Saleh Amrullah have started a campaign against Pakistan. On May 28, 2017, just two day before the Wednesday Kabul attack the Afghan Pajhwok news agency had reported that India could send its troops to Afghanistan under “UN mission”. The Pajhwok dispatch from Washington which was published in the Outlook Afghanistan had quoted a “prominent Indian defense expert” told a Washington audience on May 18, 2017 that “New Delhi could perhaps be persuaded to send up to a division of Indian troops – around 15,000 — to Afghanistan under a United Nations Peacekeeping mission.”
    “If invited, if there is a UN peacekeeping force … it is my considered view that perhaps India could be persuaded to send up to a division, provided the logistics are in place, provided Pakistan’s so-called sensibilities can be put in place,” Brig® Gurmeet Kanwal, from the Institute for Defense Studies and Analysis was quoted as telling audience in a close-door round table at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.
    Gurmeet Kanwal, who is known for his close links with Indian military establishment visited Washington DC and tried to convince President Donald Trump Administration to allocate India an official role in Afghanistan

@Hellfire Sir is this real?
    Tagging all other friends .

@Hellfire @PARIKRAMA @Agent_47@nair @Levina @AnkitKumar001@Sancho @Vergennes @Fox @Notsuperstitious @Grevion. @GuardianRED @ni8mare @Sathya@Gessler @randomradio @ranjeet @vstol jockey @sherin616 @Luttapi and all others .

Pakobserver is not that muc unreliable .
    Can anyone validates this?

Hellfire and Grevion like this.
  2. SrNair

Country Flag:
    India
    My opinion is that if we are aiming for a war play against Taliban in Afghanistan ,we are going to lose all those goodwill and soft power we earned from Afghanistan and will be a disaster .
    I hopes GoI is not that stupid to involve in there

3. Levina

Levina Guest

NEVER FIGHT SOMEONE ELSE's war, something that I believe in.

India has burnt its fingers once by sending our troop to SL and we all know Afghnaistan is one of the most hotile places on earth. I dont see a reason why we need to sacrifice our soldiers at the altar of diplomatic relations.
    Let there be an official announcement first.

4. SrNair

Country Flag:
    India
    I hope this will also a query to ask Mr Shiv Aroor.Is there any base in this news?

5. SrNair

Country Flag:
    India
    @nair sir says something about it in their forum .Something that he discussed with @Hellfire .
    Dont know it.

Hellfire and enquencher like this.
  6. Bregs

Bregs Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    never gonna happen never

SrNair and Hellfire like this.
  7. enquencher

enquencher FULL MEMBER

Its better to supply kabul with soposticated weapons whichever v can.
    This seems a fake news...pak media..enough said

SrNair and Hellfire like this.
  8. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    Pakistani propaganda source, we are only helping them by discussing it.

Closed

sangos, SrNair, enquencher and 2 others like this.
  9. WhyCry

WhyCry Reaper Love IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    No way!!! Source please.

I have not heard this except from Pakistan based news sources who are moving to "new blocks".

I don't mind training their personnel in India or Afghanistan but no direct confrontation/action.

Bloom 17 and Hellfire like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.