Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India Should Take Action Against Lanka

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Nirvana, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nirvana

Nirvana Major SENIOR MEMBER

TN CM Jayalalithaa urges Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take action against Sri Lanka for alleged war crimes

TN CM Jayalalithaa urges Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take action against Sri Lanka for alleged war crimes | Asian Tribune

2. Jason_Sid

Jason_Sid 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Jayalalitha should probably get Sri Lankan citizenship, and do the shit she's petitioning the PM to do. Investigating and dealing with war crimes in another sovereign nation is ONLY within the UN jurisdiction (as useless as an organization as it is). Some politicians I tell you......

3. Capt.Popeye

Capt.Popeye Captain SENIOR MEMBER

^^^
    India will do well and refrain from meddling around in Sri Lankan affairs. Persuasive diplomacy is one thing, but mucking about is another thing altogether.

4. True Patriot

True Patriot 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

The SriLankans need to pay for there crimes, atleast the political and military leadership.And I do not mean military action. Our Persuasive diplomacy is as good as F#ck.

5. Capt.Popeye

Then let Jayalalitha, Vaiko, Karuna and his children and all the others make a case for war crimes in the International Court of Justice and see how far they can take it. Karuna can write some poetry and screen-plays for the case now that he is suddenly unemployed.

6. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed Captain SENIOR MEMBER

i haven't read the whole article.. but if Jayalalita is insisting on military action, then it's an absurd theory! but india can surely get the things done through diplomatic means. Either put diplomatic pressure or get the world powers to do the same & get sri lanka to mend their ways, do right things. India has the potential, but lacks the will to execute those!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    2 people like this.
  7. Nirvana

Nirvana Major SENIOR MEMBER

They are Not Talking about Military Action But Economic sanctions......
    Lanka Should take Adequate steps to Ensure that Tamils civillians are Treated well,The war affected one's still Lives In camps should Be rehabilited quickly....Many of Them are Still denied of Their Rights , Citizenship..

2 people like this.
  8. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed Captain SENIOR MEMBER

then i'm absolutely for it. govt of india can try many things before enforcing sanctions. diplomatics pressure can be brought either direclty or through other means. i'm well versed with the sufferings of innocent tamil civilians & i hope common sense prevails among the world leaders. plight of civilians from the conflict zone have worsened since the war. watch thise video.. you will know what i'm talking about!!

Sri Lanka's Killing Fields - 4oD - Channel 4

2 people like this.
  9. True Patriot

Why the hell should they do that ? They are Indian citizens and have the right to compel the Centre to take action. They are not just ordinary citizens but peoples representatives. Btw it is not only TN leaders who have voiced concern, so stop talking like a Lankan.

1 person likes this.
  10. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    any one who is talking of taking actions for war crimes in sri lanka doesnt have an iota of clue abt international diplomacy and strategic affairs. the following will be after effects of any actions taken by india for war crimes in sri lanka:

1. sri lanka will get even more close to china. and that will not be a good thing believe me. we dont want china to build a base in sri lanka.

2. Sri lanka can point fingers at kashmir and human rights record of india. it will be very embarrasing situation believe me.

3. Sri lanka can come out in open and accuse india of harboring and training LTTE during initial days. i am sure govt will enjoy answering these questions to pakistan and international media.

i know emotions are running high especially in tamil community but the fact of the matter is regional aspirations are subservient to national interests.

wat we can at best do is to put pressure on sri lanka t give equal rights to sri lankan tamils.

anything more than that and we are in trouble.

2 people like this.
  11. True Patriot

That is exactly what I am saying and some other s too are sayiong here. No one is calling for an invasion. And how do you think we are going to presurize them? Pressure in this situation can only be applied by the threat of diplomatic actions unilaterly or at the UN.

We cannot keep sending a few worthless politicians there and keep requesting as we usually do.
    That's not pressurising.

Btw What are National interests? Is TN separate from India? Our views also matter.
    In a team you have to take the considerations of all the members into account. TN does not have to be subservient to others. We have the right to our own views as Indians.

Where were all these concerns in 1971????

Now the truth is the Govt just wants to duck the issue.

If we allow the Lankans to blackmail us with a Chinese base that will set a bad precedent. We need to be assertive against SL.
    Tomorrow they may kill a few dozen Indian fishermen and prevent us from taking action by threatening to China a base.

India will not allow a Chinese base on SL. It will mean war.

12. Capt.Popeye

This is the most interesting part of the post. Who will declare war on whom?

13. Capt.Popeye

Hey buster. Keep it cool! You don't have to tell me whether I talk like a Lankan or Martian. :rofl:
    That kind of talk usually emanates from west of our borders.

14. True Patriot

Do you think India will sit back and allow SL to gift the Chinese a military base 200 Kms from TN and Kerala?
    If SL plans anything like that they will get their ass kicked before the Chinese navy has a significant presence in the region.

15. True Patriot

Similarly you don't have to tell TN politicians to go to some International court on the issue. TN is a part of India and they have no need to go plead to some International court of Justice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.