Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India to Deploy Two Ballistic Missile Defense Systems Near Pakistan Border

Discussion in 'Indian Military Doctrine' started by grace, Aug 4, 2017.

1. lca-fan

lca-fan Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It is BMD and about leaking or deliberately putting up this in open is also to do with PSYOPS, with war like situation on both borders this acts like a deterrence.

If China rants too much or if there's even slight movement of their forces expect a complete series of MIRV Agni testing and declaration of Agni-6 which is already tested & built and available from last 2 years and don't be surprise if India does conduct H-bomb test too............ Again a PSYOP

mugundhan and Sahil ecclstone like this.
  2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    The integration of BMD with S-400, LR-SAM & Shortrange missiles will provide the complete aerospace defence including that from cruise missiles.

3. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    Is that all your logic? Do you have the exact location? Even if its on some hill does it degrade the BMD capability?
    Ashwini and arudhra are transportable radars. You don't allocate separate special lard to operate it.

Journalists are doing their job by reporting what they know. Give some actual evidence to refute their claims before calling names.

Abingdonboy likes this.
  4. Bloom 17

Bloom 17 2nd Lieutant IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    i dont think you understood my point, The journalists are reporting somthing they dont know!! all Im asking is for them to provide official source or evidence.

I clearly stated its my Opinion.

I think We are better than that. I highly doubt they would use a forest conservationist take on a PSYOPS. atleast a third rated defence analyst would do a better job. The news is about land acquisition by MOD confirmed by forest department somehow twisted into BMD deployment by desi jurnos for sensation. You could actually confirm with Drdo that PAD is long way from deployment.

Angel Eyes likes this.
  5. zebra7

zebra7 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Is this you or Prasun making the above statement.:scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

6. Bloom 17

Country Flag:
    India
    I was one of those ppl who asked him about BMD there... if you are following him. his argument made more sense than the media.... since then i started first using few brain cells researching and then expressing my opinion..

when Pad was tested in last jan or feb, drdo itself said with little more testing they can deploy it at a short notice. With the work culture of drdo "little more testing"is like a year or two atleast. I read about more nodes being expanded for IACCS. With what Prasun said and what i read it makes more sense its not a BMD.

his logic is more convincing and better source of reading material than all the forum talk i follow... no offence (again my opinion)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Sahil ecclstone likes this.
  7. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    Same as PKS. I'm asking you to prove its not for BMD.

Of course, when you can't prove its 'opinion' while others are without one.

This explains your arrogance and 'foolish desi journalists ' comment :biggthumpup: . You can't even distinguish a long range tracking radar and a medium transportable radar. Making sense is not good enough to prove something wrong. If its your opinion keep it to yourself. If you are expressing it do it without calling everyone else fools.

I have seen his spectacular failures over last 5 years or so. According to him Super sukhoi is flying, nirbhay will never have a ground launcher, SSN is already operational.
    He is just a wannabe journalist with a 'poster' blog and a cult following (no offence).

Bloom 17 likes this.
  8. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

The sites are for OTH. And other for Long Range X-band radar.

The BMD system for tier-1 cities is not missiles.

Agent_47 likes this.
  9. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

Firstly, who said those are swordfish radars?

Secondly, why people think, Early Warning for BMD required only when Ballistic missile reach there Ap?

Abingdonboy likes this.
  10. Bloom 17

Country Flag:
    India
    Could you give any reading material on this if have any?
    isn't swordfish used as Lrtr fot the PAD system?

11. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

You want to use L-band tracking radar for EW? Firstly, Swordfish is obsolete.
    You need EW OTH radar in 100-500 MHz, and for tracking radars in X-band. Only that able to provide a deployable system.

BTW, if you dont know, Israel also deployed AN/TPY-2 X-Band long range radar. And for EW, EL/M-2090 U UHF radars with L/S-band radars.

Why you thinking India will deploy L-band Swordfish tracking radar?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Bloom 17 likes this.