Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India To Fast Track Four Projects In Indus River Basin

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by ranjeet, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Wah Wah, do continue condescending please..
    And wow, that comment about landlords etc was so foolish I don't even know what to say, seriously. You may be a condescending elitist but what works, works. It's irrelevant where you get an idea if it is effective.

Statecraft is realpolitik and unconventional solutions, not steadfastly clinging to a moral high horse for fear of getting a little dirty. And it certainly isn't statecraft when someone clings to archaic definitions of honor and chivalry and uses them as a cover or excuse for lack of gumption to go to the same lengths as their enemy.

2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    I too agree with this approach. I don't say that we shud acquire the morality of Pakistan but as a one off thing, we need to get in to the mud to show them their place. I do remember the way Bheema cried after killing Duhshasan in the war. When he tore open his chest to carry his blood to wash Draupadi's hair, he cried and told Duhshasan, " see what you have done to me, I have become as bad as you are due the fire of Revenge which I nurtured all these years". We shud take out Pakistan with a cool head even if it means going in to mud. You can't kill a pig without getting your hands dirtied, we can't deal with Pakistan maintaining a high moral position. Even ACM Arup Raha had stated something similar just a few days prior to last IAF day.

3. Joe Shearer

Joe Shearer VETERAN MILITARY STRATEGIST

What HAS worked?

Degrading the Army by posturing as the divine intervention that permitted retaliatory action, when this has been done, as a matter of course, for decades now?
    Pulling in the DGMO, when this officer has never been positioned as a public spokesman, ignoring all others?
    Claiming a surgical strike, to get political credit, then being unable to produce a single tangible proof, due to the appropriate reticence of the Army, and its unwillingness to breach security?
    Begging world leaders to back us on this issue, and being snubbed by Russia and China?
    Making public statements about our determination to foment trouble in Balochistan, thus proving conclusively and falsely that we had been doing so all along?
    Allowing an agent to be caught, then sitting supine and useless while confessions wrested from that unfortunate flooded the world?

Striking warlike postures in a photographic studio is not a working solution.

4. Joe Shearer

Misrepresented? You want to cut off water flow, even though we haven't used our full entitlement in any year, so far. What should we do with the surplus water. I know! How about a water park? I know what you're going to say next - the cold! Simple; welcome to India's first heated water park.

5. Joe Shearer

I concede that you have an advantage when you let out your surplus housing, since you have stopped clinging to honour and chivalry. Did you choose your DP to validate this point of view, or to reject it? A ghastly reminder, I take it, of what happens when we cling to honour and chivalry.

6. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    You're a real comedian aren't you. Quit wasting my time with your ridiculous antics, go bother someone else. Either you didnt bother to read my points or you are engaging in intentional dissemble to set up a straw man argument, because that seems to be the only sort of debate you're suited for.

I clearly proposed gradual, escalatory use of the waters as a leveraging tool. I never even actually said we should cut the water off completely and abruptly, that is a product of your overactive imagination.

The only thing I mentioned was that you should never openly take any option off the table from the beginning, an enemy must always believe you'll go to the very end of the escalatory ladder, or the world doesn't take you seriously, as happened to Obama's red line in Syria.

7. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    Holy Shit, you're one of those Surgical Strike deniers aren't you? God help you lmfao, this debate is over. I've got nothing to say to someone who does Pakistan's propaganda work for them. Unbelievable.

8. Joe Shearer

Was I the one prescribing to other Indians what is or is not appropriate for Indians? You don't call that bullying?

So do what a landlord does, and justify it because we do it out of an air-conditioned office? LOL

An interesting view. Are you proposing this from any personal experience, or just straight out of a text book on Surreptitious War?

9. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    Oh my God, you asked me if I was a Pakistani, but you are literally spewing one piece of ISI propaganda after another. You are claiming that Kulbhushan Yadav was a RAW agent and btw, India never officially said it would foment trouble in Balochistan, it said we would highlight Pak's atrocities in Balochistan on an international forum, that's the only thing we officially said we'd do, and we're doing it. But wow, it's like you're Pakistan's DG ISPR though.

10. Joe Shearer

Oh, I believe effective action was taken.On the basis of full facts and figures presented by a very senior person on this forum. It is your unapologetic sycophancy that I wish to see rebuffed.

And you must have been itching for a chance to make a run for the exit. Bio break, perhaps?

11. Joe Shearer

The first step that you take that violates an international treaty, you are in breach. It cannot be broken in stages; you can't leap 15 feet 5 feet at a time.

Nobody stops us from using our entitled quota. It is when we go beyond that that our reputation is affected.

12. Joe Shearer

Hmm.

Yes, you are right, I am brilliant. Sometimes it is a burden, like when I have to explain patiently to nincompoops why what they state with a great flourish is practically impossible. At those moments, it is a curse.

Any other compliments will be gratefully accepted.

13. Joe Shearer

Of course. Ask any serving officer. There are some lurking on this forum.

14. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    3 to 5 heads is the same as a bunch of terrorists destroyed at launching pads? And btw its widely acknowledged that raids like Ginger are commonplace on the LOC, and were undertaken on a local level, not b/c of the PM's authorization.

Quite different from this raid.

15. Joe Shearer

Precisely.

This bunch of effete idiots is grandstanding about something that Corps Commanders decided.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.