Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India To Fast Track Four Projects In Indus River Basin

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by ranjeet, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    With a country like Pakistan? I'm sure the world won't turn us into a permanent international pariah over that, don't worry.

2. Joe Shearer

Joe Shearer VETERAN MILITARY STRATEGIST

If you look at my profile, you might find out that other people pat me on the back, more than I pat myself on the back. More than pat you on the back.

3. Joe Shearer

With a country like Pakistan.

People notice what stupid things countries do, not what stupid things are done to a country.

4. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    Except this was on a bigger level than Ginger and similar raids, the upcoming raid which will occur as retaliation for Mandeep Singh's beheading yesterday, will be like Ginger and probably localized. But the SS was different from these raids.

5. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Arjuna killed karna when he did not have weapon in his hand, was dismounted from his chariot on the prodding of Lord Krishna. Lord Krishna and Arjuna till date remain honourable figures for us as they did not repeat this ever again. It was just one off such act. I see no problem in one such act against Pakistan. They deserve it and must be given a taste of their own medicine like we did in 1971.

Lion of Rajputana likes this.
  6. Joe Shearer

Those were breaches of international treaties? Good Heavens! we were up against a PhD scholar all this while and never realised!

7. Joe Shearer

It's not the 200 comments, it's the ratio. Try and get there some time.

Yours is fractionally over 1/3.

8. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Actually, he has just saved me the bother ..... and much patiently tried to show you the error in your thought process that India should emulate Pakistan's behaviour.

As your immense experience may be able to tell you, if India just uses all it's quota for the Indus treaty, Pakistan will be in trouble

Does India use?

No.

Why? Because of poor infrastructure on own side for the same to be actually used. Who is at fault there?

The aim of any confrontation is to kill the enemy without going to war. How do you achieve that? By uniting the enemy by your singular act of harming one and all or exploiting their weaknesses?

Think it over.

9. TickTickIndian

TickTickIndian BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Reputation is nothing compared to ability.
    All the recent wars that AMerica ventured into were illegal and manufactured by them itself.
    Why do they get away with it??

When you use roothless taactics, the ony people who will call you out are nationals which are criminal themselves.
    The nations which are straight forward on the other hand will understand.
    Like Bharat understood Crimiea reunification with Russia and America didn't. Because America is criminal. And Bharat knew why it was happening.
    Just like that.

Whe Pakistan is destroyed, some will come to catch our necks, whether we do right or wrong, and those states are UK , China, America and Muslim nations. The rest will stand with us. What you need to understand is they are biased people.

10. Inactive

Inactive Guest

And what do you propose with the multitude on unstable nations on our very border? It shall be interesting to hear your inputs on that aspect - of highly unstable and decentralized radicalized quasi-nation states on our borders.

11. TickTickIndian

Country Flag:
    India
    Pak Punjab nuked.

12. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Think it over, seriously and then come back

13. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    Thoroughly incorrect statement, there is no error in my thought process, and I never said to *emulate* Pakistan's behavior, but to speak to them in a language they understand, which is one of force, coercion and overall playing hardball. If you and him did not understand that, that is an error in your thought processes, and I've been more than patient when trying to explain that to him, in spite of him constantly misrepresenting my points on purpose.

The point about poor infrastructure and current usage of quota is irrelevant; it has nothing to do with the point I was discussing or making, what matters to me is that infrastructure is strengthened and built up on accelerated basis so that not only is full quota used, but so that we retain the capability of abrogating the treaty altogether if we want and turning the screws on Pakistan in a gradual escalatory fashion until compliance is achieved.

Putting the squeeze on Pak using water is one of the ultimate methods of gaining compliance/victory without open hostilities, and it is very much the exploitation of a weakness, so I have absolutely nothing to think over. You would do well to give this advise to your friend Joe instead.

Regards.

14. TickTickIndian

Country Flag:
    India
    I've been thinking about it from my second year in college which is about the time that I started becoming seriously nationally conscious and politics. I would read alot of think tanks and research journals from my 4th year onwards and kept this habbit up untill today.

With everything I've know about till now, this has been my conclusion for some time now. I tried coming off it, because I'm actually a very generous person and thought of dismantling them only, (the plan for the British was to defeat them militarily, kill of their establishment and their royals and former colonial civil servents, and let the rest live a dignified life, let them keep the loot and take back only the Samskritam literature, after all they have done), but every time I would be foreced and kicked back to the same conclusion of nuking pak.

There are many reasons for this, not just that they will continue to be a mad mullah. But it is also necessary to inform the world that we're not going to entertainin any exploitation of the subcontinent as was done by Pakistan, because generosity to a criminal nation like Pakistan will set presedence that others can also do same and get away with it, because Pakistan did that much and they go away with it. No. That mindset should be dstroyed. Like Mahabharat was important, this new Mahabharat is important to the future of Bharat.

In other words, this is necessary to ensure any other nation from behaving to us like Pakistan did, or to prevent another Pakistan from emerging.

15. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Your logic is bereft of military and political logic. That is why I said, think over it very carefully. What I see posted is, emotional logic.

War, my friend, is not a business carried out emotionally. How do you employ nuclear weapons in the above case? You can now elaborate on that. What do you propose, a single massive strike across multiple targets? Will the Pakistanis also not launch their own massive strikes some of which will survive and land on Indian territory? What do you propose should we do about the resultant fallout and the mass casualties as also the effects of radiation over the subsequent generation as the fallout spreads due to the inherent nature of wind patterns over the subcontinent?

Will be glad if you could give the answers on these.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.