Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India vs China on Military Strength - Conventional and Nuclear

Discussion in 'Indian Military Doctrine' started by Averageamerican, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rock n Rolla

Rock n Rolla Lt. Colonel STAR MEMBER

That article is an old one. Do you think Indian military is the only one with such issues. Steps have been taken to fix both issues. :pleasantry:

2. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States

By Rama Lakshmi,March 28, 2012 so you think that is old, how long do you think it takes to fix those kind of problems, especially India.

3. Rock n Rolla

4. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    Remember the discussion:::

Originally Posted by Averageamerican

I am not sure any one needs a war, but the idea of having a military is that it can defend a county against its potential enemys. It kind of seems weird to me to defend what seems incompentance. I agree the chances of India going to war with China is remote because your military told your goverment they could not even handle a war with Pakistan after the Mumbia attack.

(You) How did you come to know abt that, did the Army/Airforce/Navy Chief call you personally

Now when was the 2008 Mumbai attack. I dont want to ask hard questions. Do you think your Army/Airforce/Navy Chief needed to me personally to figure out you were not ready, your own military told your goverment they were not ready, look it up.

India to purchase Russian ammo for $1 billion - English pravda.ru

Indian Army plans to equip 1,600 T-72 tanks with advanced night- fighting capabilities | Defense Update - Military Technology & Defense News

Do you think that would have helped in 2008.

I can see India needing to purchase tanks, even tank sights, Russia buys those from the French and sells them to you all, but 1 billion in ammo.???????

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  5. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    I am curious does any thing seem odd to you all about news like this.

India considers buying additional Russian made T-90Cs, while delaying production of the locally assembled. India considers buying 300 upgraded T-90C tanks to be produced by Uralvagonzavod in Nizhni Tagil, Russia for $866 million during two years. Originally, the tanks were to be assembled in India, from Russian delivered kits. According to Russian sources, the Indian plant licensed to produce the tanks has not yet built the capacity to ramp up serial production.

In 2001 India agreed to buy up to a thousand T-90C tanks, to be locally assembled at the Indian tank factory located at Avadi. The agreement included the delivery of 124 tanks to be assembled in Russia, and 186 kits, to be assembled in India. When explaining the decision to buy a consignment of ready-made tanks in Russia, Singh said India hadn’t managed to master the line assembly work for some key devices of the tanks and the coordination with Russia’s suppliers was rather poor.

This is 2013 I think.

6. Rock n Rolla

Yes regarding that, Indian military is now powerful unlike in 1962 to stop any aggression by China.

World Military Strength Comparison

7. Rock n Rolla

Nope :nope:

8. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    Did you look at those figures and figure out which ones are China and which ones are Indian?

You might want to think a little harder.

9. Rock n Rolla

Now did I say Powerful than China :suicide: We have enough firepower to stop any aggression from China :sarcastic:

10. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    You dont row with both Oars in the water do you?

11. Rock n Rolla

Nope :fie: I don't row :smile:

12. nash

nash REGISTERED

1962 is far past. And India lost that war because and only because of Nehru's idiotic policies.

13. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

and he has been replaced by MMS, the only difference is that this one has more hair.. otherwise its same.
    But yes, NEHRU WAS NOT THIS CORRUPT,

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.