Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Air Force has lost edge over Pakistan: Parliamentary Panel

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by AKIIN, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    This is what happens when people daydream about Tejas coming into service and ignoring the ground reality.

If we fall below 20 squadrons we would simply be steamrolled in a war.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    HMS Astute likes this.
  2. Bismarck

Bismarck BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    It is true we do not have the edge, we have a lot more than that, during action for a country like India all the squadrons will never be used. Thus the tertiary Squadrons with planes like say Hawk etc can easily make up the squadron strength required.

For example if there is suppose an action in Kargil, would Indian navy be sending its MiG-29K there? Guess not, thus those Squadrons in a way will be available as back up and for in a way to secure the peninsula

Paliwal Warrior and HMS Astute like this.
  3. INDIAN NATIONALIST

INDIAN NATIONALIST Major SENIOR MEMBER

Lack of funding need be differentiated for institutional inefficiency as a source of weakness. it is possible to have more funding without improved returns if systems for which absorb the investment are dysfunctional.

4. AKIIN

AKIIN 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    panel saying that our GDP vs defence budget is low so we needed to improve that. and all deals under negotiation all cleared in next year. my be for air force FGFA, rafale, transport aircraft for army chinook, Apaches and for navy new submarines, destroyers, etc

5. Anish

Country Flag:
    India
    Finally some hope for rafale deal and more clarity on Fgfa deal.

Apaches and Chinooks may be signed first given Obama visit on 26th jan. Also a sizeable hellfire and stinger missiles order would be part of the whole contract.
    Also i wont be suprised if Army's 39 Apaches are also bought apart from 22 IAF Apaches.

Ache din aane wale hai

6. AKIIN

Country Flag:
    India
    is if US provide TOT or joint production and development for some project like javeline, drones, misssiles etc. then this visit is world wide successful.

7. Anish

Country Flag:
    India

There was a joint anti tank missile project that India wanted to make with USA.

I dont think we will get ToT for Apaches or Chinooks

8. AKIIN

Country Flag:
    India
    yap US not provide TOT or join development their apaches or chinooks but we need missile technology and aircraft lunch system for new aircraft carrier.

9. HMS Astute

HMS Astute BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Falkland Islands (malvinas)
    Both of Britain's Chinook and Apache were built by British defence contractors in UK...

I'm sure India can also do the same if it needs large quantity.

10. tusharm

tusharm Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    India is buying AH64 in quantity higher/equal than/to British Armed forces but ah64 will not be a mainstay attack chopper of Indian Armed forces

It will be LCH around 180 of which are on order so there is no need for production of ah64 in India
    Also i think that AH64 61+ quantity will be brought down to 22-33 as Mr. Modi is more of make in India guy & recent push on Defence products shows that he can push them to work harder.

11. AKIIN

Country Flag:
    India
    if they provide any project as MAKE IN INDIA then i sure its missiles. for apaches or chinooks i am not sure.

12. HMS Astute

HMS Astute BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Falkland Islands (malvinas)
    It depends on Obama's perception about India's long term foreign policy.

If India keeps acting like a faithful wife to Russia, doubt it will get along well with the United States.

13. tusharm

Country Flag:
    India
    Chinooks were for m777 which is not going to happen (rejected due to cost)

So i don't see why to buy Chinooks on the other hand ah64 is a good chopper & would love to see it in IAF or IA colors (in small number)

14. tusharm

Country Flag:
    India
    Astute India is not leaning towards US we have all the options in the world.
    Name a country other than pakistan which is not ready to deal with us.

UK might act like a poodle/dog /pet to US but you will never find a country like BHARAT leaning towards country like US.
    Right now the time is such that we need to ally(reasonably) with US other than that we all know if time comes US have a tendency of betrayal.

Obama is out in next few years so his perception has a long time perception of at most 2 years.
    The inner circle of US policy makers want BHARAT is friend & this long term perception is their's & will not change for next 1-2 decade.

15. tusharm

Country Flag:
    India
    Also i don't see the point of ur post .

Where does Obama & his perception come in a defense purchase which has already been cleared by both countries.
    Assembly of AH64 was never part of the deal & i don't see why Russian relations etc would come into ur post.

Please stay on topic of this thread , you already have a lot of thread to discuss US defense products & India is not buying any fighter plane from US in next decade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.