Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by vstol jockey, Sep 29, 2016.

1. surya kiran

surya kiran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    In a fluid situation multiple scenarios will play out. The major players involved in this are US, China, Pakistan, Indian and Iran. Saudi and Afghanistan are the minor players. It is important to have a background of what is happening before delving on the current situation.

China is quickly approaching a situation, where it can challenge the Americans at the least on the South China Sea area. Over a period of time, it will evolve to the Pacific. The Pacific till date has been the play area of the USN. Also, any power dominant in the Pacific can threaten the western coast of the USN. The Atlantic is fairly secure, since no navy has the ability to deploy for long periods of time across the Atlantic. The Russian Navy is no longer the threat the Soviet Navy was. No European navy is a threat and African Navies are basically coast guards. The IOR has the Iranian Navy, Pakistani Navy, Israeli Navy and the Indian Navy. Of these, the Pakistani Navy is as of now a glorified coast guard with under water capabilities, Iranian Navy is a littoral navy with defensive capabilities. Israeli and Indian navy are practically co-operative navies for the USN. So that leaves only the Pacific, where there could be a rising threat.

With the decline of American interest in the ME, a re-calibration was in the cards. While the Americans were still not anti-Pakistan, two things changed this. One was in 1999, with the Kargil misadventure. This was critical, because till then, the Americans while not anti-India, they were not pro-India either. Second was the alignment of Pakistan with the Chinese. This was the point, where it put the Pakistanis in direct conflict with the Americans. I had said couple of years ago, in the other forum, there will be a scenario where the Iranians and Americans willl come to an understanding to end aggressive confrontation. This has happened already. While I will not delve too much in to the 1999 Kargil episode, it is important to understand the Sino-Pak alignment.

Chinese and Pakistani relations took an upswing when the Pakistanis helped Nixon administration get closer with China. Post this, Chinese have supported Pakistan by providing them with missile, nuclear and conventional weapons. The JF-17 Thunder is another example of growing Sino-Pak co-operation. But, the camel's back was broken with the CPEC corridor. Now, the question to ask is why is this so critical? And why should a country like the United States get worried about an overland route via a sovereign country? Well, its economics stupid.

As of 2012, approximately 84% of Chinese energy resources were imported through the Indian Ocean Region. This has resulted in the PLAN ensuring a semi permanent presence in the IOR as part of anti-piracy operations. It has also resulted in investments via port development projects with countries along the east african coastline and in South Asia. While, this is in progress it is easy as Indians to think that the Indian Navy is the primary force in the IOR. It is not. This title belongs to the USN, with its strategic military presence in Diego Garcia. This USN per-eminence in the IOR has led to the Chinese deciding to have a backup route to safeguard their energy resources. This has given birth to the CPEC.

The CPEC is the Chinese insurance against any interference by America, Russia or India. Now, you may ask why Russia. Remember, Russia has cordial relations with China. They both face a common opponent, United States of America. But, Russia will not play second fiddle to China, neither will it allow China to corrode its area of dominance, namely the CIS. Hence, any access to energy rich Gulf has to pass through Pakistan. This has major strategic implications to the Americans, who wish to remain the pre-eminent power and the Indians because it gives the Chinese any entry into areas Indians consider our backyard.

This confluence of interests, between the United States and India has resulted in the increased naval co-operation and is now proceeding towards technology and nuclear technology support. But, while there is a confluence of interests, objectives of both will differ. In the next part of this, I will list out what the Indian objectives could play out like and what could be the repercussions.

Disclaimer : This is my opinion and view point.

2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Khujli made this tirade against GOI and IA for funds. AAP has been majorly funded by pro-jihadi groups from Pakistan and ME Asia. They got largest funds from muslims abroad. Now they are tapping into Khalistanis in Canada and UK. AAP has run short of money as Cong is not helping them in Punjab and Goa. He created this issue only to appeal to his constituency of anti-India forces who funded and fostered him on India and Delhi. Please check out their website and the amount of funds they have recd after he made that tweet about that article.

3. TSUNAMI

TSUNAMI Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Let's say even if that is BJP's planing. Why it is wrong? It was BJP's work so they have every right to take benefit out of it.

The same haramkhor who didn't commented on phatankot by saying please ask Delhi questions only is now suddenly so much concerned about international propaganda by Pakistan. He was the one who said that it looks like it is India who is being isolated internationally instead of Pakistan, why didn't he said sorry for that?

Paliwal Warrior and kamalakumar like this.
  4. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  5. TickTickIndian

TickTickIndian BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    @vstol jockey The way things are going, Pakistan looks like they are determined to do Hira-Kiri before the end of this year itself.

I was thinking of your quote about Dharma, because could not properly counter it then, but I wanted to assert my POV. The thing is, war should always be decided by Shastrr and Shastra. Blindly defending Dhamra without giving heed to the situation and surroundings will give rise to another Prathiviraj Chauhan like episode only. We're not Krishnan and Arjunan, we should think beyond our capability.

vstol jockey likes this.
  6. TickTickIndian

Country Flag:
    India
    @vstol jockey Anyway, all the descriptions you mentioned of the strike were exactly what the media mentioned.

vstol jockey likes this.
  7. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    The most laughable part is that the PA is still wondering as to how Indian SF struck so deep inside POK. They just can't believe that their radars were jammed and helos were used for insertion and extraction of our SF.

TickTickIndian likes this.
  8. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    If the war with Pakistan starts after 31st Oct, I can guarantee complete destruction of Pakistan.

9. TickTickIndian

Country Flag:
    India
    Although I'm tempted to ask, but please don't tell the secret in online forum.

10. TickTickIndian

Country Flag:
    India
    Is that from Paditji calculation??

11. TickTickIndian

Country Flag:
    India
    If I was PM, I would atleast loan some fighters from other nations and increase our air force strength before war. And activate Agni 6 so that NATO can't intervene against us like they did during Bangladesh creation.

12. TickTickIndian

Country Flag:
    India
    That one achievement actually gave me a lot of confidence regarding our army's capability.

13. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    upload_2016-10-6_11-52-58.png

Whats the use of war when children on both sides cant have 2 meals a day. Pakistan is a fu**ed country already like many other third world countries with muslim majority. We should tactfully torment them so that they hit the self destruct button and crumble.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  14. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Yes. Planet mars moves to its exaltation sign of Capricorn on 31st Oct which is the third house for NaMo & Parrikar and it is the 9th House for our nation.

15. TickTickIndian

Country Flag:
    India
    That takes too much time. Nuking Pakistan on the other hand will free up our military funds for other uses because one major irritant that kept us up has been destroyed.