Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Army prepared for a two-and-a-half front war: Army Chief

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by lca-fan, Jun 8, 2017.

1. A_poster

A_poster Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

While you are correct in some respect, do understand that this sort of dependence means that when China would have a recession, Pakistan would have a depression. When China would have internal problems, Pakistan would have have a full blown territorial integrity problem.

In your scenario, what is needed for Pakistan to die is for China to run into financial trouble, as it would if rating agencies, IMF, and WB stop looking the other way when China fudges economic data, so that US economy does not go into recession as an effect of Chinese collapse.

Bloom 17 likes this.
  2. ranadd

ranadd 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Agreed. Money is what matters.

But also, If China in recession means other countries are doing worse. India will be definitely one of them. Take a look at our NPA list and these farm waiver programs are not boding well. Central government is not directing people attention to it as expected.

Blackjay likes this.
  3. A_poster

Country Flag:
    India

Your underlined part would happen only if economy of China and India are too intertwined. If China collapse today, it would not effect us a lot because we have a trade deficit with China, and Chinese government has consciously not allowed Indian pharma and IT industry (where we have advantage over Chinese) to grow in China. If we do not sign RCEP (death warrant of Indian manufacturing), we would never have the degree of dependency where Chinese crash hurt our economy severely.

If China collapse and stop consuming, it would have no effect on India as they are not consuming our goods or services, and have marginal effect on Europe. It would have negative effect on countries which depend on extractive industries like Brazil and Australia, and these countries themselves are not a big consumer of Indian products and services. USA would be affected to the extent of witnessing a crash in T-bills as value of them crash due to Chinese dumping.

The NPA and Farm Waiver problem of India is created by Indian politicians without any outside help. NPA are a product of Congress's corruption, and Farm loan waiver is a product of BJP's populism and Amit shah's stupidity.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Bloom 17 likes this.
  4. ranadd

Country Flag:
    India
    China is the second biggest economy now and the biggest exporter. They have some of the worlds largest reserves as well. From an economist stand point they being in recession does not bode well to others. Last '08 recession, India was not that much affected. Still it took a hit. Anyways, this is just speculation here.

On NPA. Congress did sow the seeds and let it grow. But it it still carried on by the BJP gov, which is bad. The bubble is still growing.

Agree on the farm loan waiver crap going on. Huge tracts of land being farmed in the most inefficient way, majority of them are not taxable, they use subsidized resources or outright steal them. Yet the small population of tax payers are always paying for whatever happens.

5. Ankit Kumar 001

Ankit Kumar 001 Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    Nothing said which wasn't expected.

6. A_poster

Country Flag:
    India

Yes. China is a big exporter, but recessions in exporting countries do not affect world much, at least not like recessions in importing countries. If exporting countries go into recession, they would still export and try to export at a higher rate than before, while if an importing country is hit with a recession, it would stop consuming and thus cause recession in country which is exporting to that country.

In India, recession came in 2011, and a large portion of it was due to mismanagement of liquidity that arose due to USA's monetary easing. I remember that at some point, a Dollar costed 37 Rupees, but instead of building up reserves, Congress decided to go on a populist spree, and India had no cusion of reserves when dollar started climbing back up.

On NPAs, I am reading about them for three years in a row now. I am sure that most of them are due to Congress gifting loans to its favorite industrialists.

ranadd likes this.
  7. zebra7

zebra7 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    You mean the idea of nationalism is tearing the fabric of India.

8. ranadd

Country Flag:
    India
    When did cow became the idea of nationalism?

9. zebra7

Country Flag:
    India
    It happens when, the idea of secularism becomes the politics to threatened the so called minority, which by no standard are minority with 20% population and in a only unique country, where the Majority are the victims. Cow could be a scarced animal for a community, and his flesh consumption in Beef party means the demonstration against so called Sanghi, and justify the so called secularism and freedom in the democracy, irrespective of that it could hurt many peoples feelings. Try posting the famous Cartoon from the France against the so called minority and see the result.

10. ranadd

Country Flag:
    India
    Beef consumption is not done in the name of humiliating anyone like the cartoons., posters, flexes or whatever. Anyways, you have your beliefs. I have mine.

No religion should be or will be greater than or less than any religion in a democracy. India should not be allowed to become a Hindu Pakistan where other people are prosecuted in the name of their religion. India is not the promised land for Hindus. This is the land they are born in. Just like the Muslims and Christians born in India. That makes them an Indian. Sanghis are twisting it for their liking. Step out of the bubble or the nations boundary. Once you do you cannot think in terms of an individual or community, But as a whole.

But if people like yourself feel like it should, by all means go ahead. Religion is after all greater than humanity. Feel secure that they you are the greatest.

This would be my last post to you my friend. Sure you will have your justification post for this. Time is valuable for me to waste reading that.

11. zebra7

Country Flag:
    India
    I tell you a real story witness by myself in Agra.

A truck load of the cows and calfs packed to the most torturous ways was coming from the Mathura to Agra in Matura-Agra high way. The Bajrang Dal activists tried to stop them, the truck speed up chased by Bajrang dal members and police jeep. Threatened of caughting red handed, the people abroad the truck start throwing the cows and small calfs from the moving truck. By the time the truck was stopped, they made a mess in the whole road, with broken neck, legs and blood everywhere in the national high ways. The villagers got collected, and many people starting giving medical aid, water to the poor animal. The scene and plight was horrible, which even myself was horrified. Few vetinarian doctors too arived, but could not do much to the animal now in such a miserable condition.

What happens then, the public becomes voilent and take off all its anger on the three muslim youth labor of the truck. The driver was able to escape. The so called truck was going for the illegal sllaughter house of a famous muslic political leader slaughter house. The police intervene, and barely able to protect those muslims from getting buttchered by the mass public, who surrounded the whole scene. Till this date, I couldn't come out of the horror of what I saw that day, and I too got the feeling of Sorrow, Vomit, Anger and Revenge at that time.

After that in the news, the Muslims claims that it was the Sajhish of the Evil Bajrang Dal, with the help of the Police, and the whole media then debating on the so called Go Rakshak dal attacking innocient Muslims, RSS,VHP, Hindu Extreamism Bhah Bhah Bhah.

Read the story and then comment on the so called Safron Terror.

Bloom 17 likes this.