Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian army soldiers-The Expendables

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by Levina, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Robinhood Pandey

Robinhood Pandey SECOND IN COMMAND Staff Member SECTION CHIEF

Country Flag:
    India
    Its high time we raise those disbanded Ikhwans back into action.

PARIKRAMA and Levina like this.
  2. stephen cohen

stephen cohen Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Times have changed ; the population has become more radicalised

That was in Mid 90s ; now a more radical generation has taken root

We can only trust our Army folks and J and K police

The point is that the villagers must be punished for
    Interfering and obstructing the Army operations

Judging by the Army chief's statement made just Now
    They have received Political clearance for a show of strength

PARIKRAMA and Levina like this.
  3. Rain Man

Rain Man 2nd Lieutant POLITICAL ANALYST

Country Flag:
    India
    Let's be surgical about it, we can discreetly pick up those who need to be picked up.

4. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

just saw this on tv ... and he sounded pissed ... expecting harsh action against ppl helping terrorist

PARIKRAMA, Inactive, Aqwoyk and 4 others like this.
  5. Dagger

Dagger 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I was waiting for this. Their blood is boiling. The radicals are planning long term. Even the throwing of stones, though outwardly useless, is a community activity for them, similar to a letter of allegiance, and the kids growing up see and follow by example. They will go one step higher. They will naturally chase and clear out all opposite minded individuals. Because the peaceful ones see that the authority of the army is non existent. It is simply a method to grab land.

An army which loses its respect , cant control anything.Put the fear of the army in them. For all their shouting, they are brainless zombies who read religious dogma and act by it. Give them two choices. mutual respect or bloody war.

PARIKRAMA, Inactive, Rain Man and 2 others like this.
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    India should use the same proxy tactics and support Taliban to blow up Pakistan. Not to mention the camps in Bangladesh.

PARIKRAMA, Aqwoyk and Levina like this.
  7. Levina

Levina Admin- Social media Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates

Thanks for updating.

I had come to post the same.

Stone pelters=Overground workers
    Isis flag holders= Anti nationals

Gen.Bipin Rawat sounds like a man who doesnt warp under political pressure.:tup:

8. MilSpec

MilSpec Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    for terrorist the only solution is 7.62x39mm in the head. Unarmed people has a separate issue, we need to identify and then deal with them.

PARIKRAMA and Inactive like this.
  9. VCheng

VCheng RIDER GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

As much as I can appreciate the sentiments of most of the posters here, please keep in mind that quite often, exclusively and heavy-handed military tactics to solve what are basically deep-rooted socio-political problems causes more problems than it solves.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  10. Inactive

Inactive Guest

We will have to buy them .... 51 mm was phased out long back from IA:mrgreen:

PARIKRAMA, Schwifty and Levina like this.
  11. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Spot on!

What the leadership in army needs to understand is that it needs to stop being politically compliant and become militarily active, that means, supporting the junior leaders as they undertake missions in conditions that they alone can appreciate the conditions of, and to accept that in any firefight, collateral damage may occur and any security personnel in such incident, should not be hung out to dry.

Let's hope the political leadership appreciates this point and the army leadership stops acting like 'yes men' and starts acting like professionals that they are supposed to be.

Too much political compliance in recent past has resulted in a trust deficiency between the top army leadership and the junior leaders in matters of CI operations.

Sad

PARIKRAMA, Levina, Rain Man and 2 others like this.
  12. VCheng

VCheng RIDER GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

Fear can temporarily control a population, but it can never be as enduring, given that it does nothing to the root causes of the unrest. A problem suppressed is never a problem solved. Fear, by its nature, in an adaptive response that loses its efficacy after a short while. Then what?

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  13. Dagger

Dagger 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I have to disagree.
    Fear is a habit. Once the lines are drawn, the majority will conform. Only the rare man will challenge the status quo.
    I believe, the fear active over there now is the fear of the jihadis by the normal kashmiri.
    We leave, and the warlords will eat them alive. You will have a balochistan or afghanistan situation within a decade.

With all the money being pumped in there, I don't see a better way to development for the kashmiris, than with India.

But the army has to seize the narrative with force. The schools, and the mosque sermons. Even the press is controlled by intimidation over there. Journalists who are pro India are attacked.

How could free speech be guaranteed in a place like that?

PARIKRAMA, A_poster and Rain Man like this.
  14. Vergennes

Vergennes Strategist Staff Member MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    I don't understand this problem of stone pelters. Where are the local police ? The riot forces ? Give them clear orders,and they'll know what to do. Extensive use of tear gas,stun grenades or even rubber bullets will make them retreat. Even the army could do it. I know that some countries who deploy their armies in certain areas are training their soldiers to riot control. For exemple,French soldiers deployed in the Centrafrican Republic were trained to control riots.

g1.jpg
    g2.jpg
    g3.jpg

@Levina @Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA @Robinhood Pandey @Hellfire @Nilgiri Now what is the problem with Kashmir ? I see that Kashmir receives 10% of the central government funds for only 1% of the Indian population. With all the money injected for the development of the region,I don't see the point of protesting. Kashmiris having freedom of movement and speech,what are they protesting for ? Kashmir itself wouldn't survive without all the money injected by the Indians. Maybe I am not well aware of the situation there,if someone can shed me some lights.

15. Didact

Didact IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    At the risk of sounding Hitleresque, fear and terror works, when scaled up to the right extent. The 'invincible' german will was extirpated by the utter savagery of the soviets during World War 2. The war destroyed the foundation of their resistance, their hope. Japan is another example. Savage brutality, and remorseless, unrelenting, de-humanised and calculated cruetly broke their very will for resistance.

Hope, even desperate, deluded hope is the foundation of resistance. Crush it, deny them even the slightest avenue of hope. As the final shred of hope collapses, resistance will fall by the wayside.

Of course, this is just a theoretical rebuttal to your opinion. The scale of violence required to achieve this would almost certainly be beyond the palatable limits of the modern world.

Wolfpack, AbRaj, Rain Man and 4 others like this.