Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Elections :News and discussions

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Nirvana, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Captain Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom

What is this fascination with castes and identity politics by so-called intellectuals? Every other comment was about it. For a 90 min "discussion" there was little to no depth or actual analysis beyond talking about caste and "communal issues".

Do these people not see the futility in sitting in Washington and trying to "get a pulse" on the ground realities in India?

What an embarrasingly predictable and standard "analysis" that was bascially 90 minuets of bashing India, even the Indian media did a better job!

The overriding anti-BJP narrative from so-called liberal is getting pretty tiring now, can't help but feel that this is leading apparently accomplished academics to become lazy and wait for the"inevitable" BJP collpase.

Excluding the only sensible panelist;Ms Aires, the general consensus by these fools is:

- Demonetisation was a total economic failure (despite have no evidence to support this)
    -Modi's persona is stifling local leaders from being groomed (CONgress problem 2.0)
    -BJP will lose majority in 2019 and enter into coalition
    - Modi is pandering to domestic politics and not interested in policy or action
    - Grand alliance can crush BJP
    - CONgress could see a revival in 2019 because that's what the BJP were able to do from 2009-2014
    -BJP is the "dirtiest" party with the largest stock of illicit funds
    -BJP is reaching critical mass and will not be able to replicate their success elsewhere in India
    - Modi is a threat to "secular" values in India
    - Modi is stoking class warfare
    - No transformative economic reforms will take place under BJP (hysterically the greatest economic reform of the past decades, GST, was mentioned for about 1 second)
    - Status quoism is being re-branded by BJP, Modi's success is fabricated thanks to clever marketing only

@PARIKRAMA @Ankit Kumar 001 @Darth Marr @Nilgiri @Gessler @Levina @MilSpec @nair @GuardianRED @Grevion @bharathp @dadeechi @ni8mare @Sathya @SrNair @HariPrasad @Hellfire @randomradio @ranjeet @Roybot @Agent_47 @lca-fan @SR-91 @AbRaj @Aqwoyk @Robinhood Pandey @IndiranChandiran @OnePunchMan @anant_s @Echo_419 @NKVD

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 9:24 PM
  2. Nirbho

Nirbho 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  3. Grevion

Grevion Professional Think TROLL ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Not their fault mate. What else do you expect from the so called"liberal" journos of India.

Wolfpack, SrNair and Nirbho like this.
  4. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Captain Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    This panel shows that it isn't Indian-specific, "liberals" the world over are equally mentally ill.

5. bharathp

bharathp Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    its been like that about India despite whatever party wins. We need an intense image makeover - and NOT by toeing the western liberal line but - by showing that being an Indian (and a Hindu - not the religious hindu, the cultural hindu) is inherently the most liberal mindset. No other culture has welcomed with open arms - the parsis, the shias, the sunnis, the christians, the evangelists, the marxists, the budhists, the jews and every sort of believer.

we need to improve on some aspects sure, but we can be true to our roots as well.

Wolfpack, SrNair and Abingdonboy like this.
  6. Nirbho

Nirbho 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  7. SrNair

SrNair 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Let them say whatever they want .
    But we Indians will decide our rulers .They did same kind of predictions before 2014 and even before UP elections .

Fact is thanks to new gen Indians and
    Tech savvy vibrant India ,we knows who is right and wrong .
    This was not a general election.But a domestic assembly election .Yet Americans are so concerned about it

8. Levina

Levina NONconformist Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    Actually her's is the only part I watched in the entire video. The first 2 Indian men seemed to be on a Modi bash mode. Typical MSM fed magoots.
    This lady sounded more neutral, infact she (I bet) had studied Modi more closely than the others present for the show.
    She supported the idea of Made in India but didn't fail to mention that it is yet to generate jobs.
    The lady called Narendra Modi far-sighted, and that BJP was aiming for many more terms. Skill development is another topic she touched in her short speech.
    I admire the fact that Modi wants Indians to give up their obsession with careers like doctors and engineers, and desires to make India a global force.
    This lady i must say is a keen observer for she mentioned how India aims to export yoga teachers too to the western world. Lolz
    I liked her and snubbed the rest.
    Didn't have the time for the mendacious nonsense that gets peddled around.
    Not many are unprejudiced among the media persons, so hearing neutral views is like music to my ears these days. Lolz
    Thanks for posting the video.

9. Darth Marr

Darth Marr Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

He starts using Ban hammer from day one :badass:

10. lca-fan

lca-fan Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    If dumb American voters have chosen an idiot Trump as their President it doesn't mean Indians too will choose an idiot Rahul Gandhi to match them.:sarcastic::sarcastic:

Wolfpack and Abingdonboy like this.
  11. Nilgiri

Nilgiri Lieutenant GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

Country Flag:
    India
    I have found lib-tards are easily able to convince and band together with other lib-tards.

I do have liberal friends (and they tend to be ones that can actually put forward and defend a good argument....so they dont love/hate world leaders etc on an emotional whim) and I am a classic liberal myself (though that is unfortunately a dying category now)...but the level of snooty holier than thou assertion (with no facts or constructive debate) from the core lib-tards is hitting an all time high everywhere I have seen. Its why anti-lib-tardism is becoming the new counter culture hard and fast (even among many of the old school liberals)...the lib-tards are driving people away by the bushels with this attitude...and so many of them just plainly ignore that, deny that or are befuddled by it. Thus I only need to sit back and watch pretty much. Seems they are retreating further into their shell each passing moment (and turning more dullard each time) and who can blame them... when they try to put forth and actually defend an argument in front of a real crowd (rather than safe spaces and echo chambers), so many holes get poked into it hard and fast....and they absolutely HATE that....like you are questioning their right to exist.

12. Nilgiri

Nilgiri Lieutenant GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

Country Flag:
    India
    Heh....what did I say earlier? Burn and rebuild from scratch. Totally called this...and expect more of the same.

Gentle prodding reform....in UP...with a regular administrator-type? Aint nobody got time fo dat.

Grevion, Wolfpack and Abingdonboy like this.
  13. HariPrasad

HariPrasad 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    They have gone so mad that if BJP men say them that your father was a good man, they will reply that you are wrong he was evil.

14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Bhai,this is a wave seen in all Professionals. I was Secular before.
    hell yeah,My father established the first Youth Congress in AP as being the only (Osmania University students President to reign 4 times),the Osmania University van driver then became a MLA and now he is a MP of Congress (maybe not).Hanumantha Rao.Who was a illiterate guy,came everyday to get his speech papers from my father,such was his problem as he was uneducated.
    So when i say i know a lot about Congress insiders i know it very well.I know what happens.I know the birth and death details of Congress in Andhra Pradesh.Why i am pro-bjp?there was no secular or communal parties in my childhood.My father used to attend Akhadas as a wrestler and regularly woke us up early mornings to participate in RSS Shakhas,we were not considered communal or secular then as it's being portrayed now.. Now i find out,out of desperation Congress party is labelling Communal and Secular.
    I got one advice for Congress, LEAVE GANDHIS ,WE WILL ACCEPT YOU,STAY WITH GANDHIS AND PERISH!

15. Grevion

Grevion Professional Think TROLL ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017 at 11:41 AM