Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Elections :News and discussions

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Nirvana, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Scotlander

Scotlander Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    MS. Baith Jaiye, Baith Jaiye won't become our President.:lol:

Wolfpack, Grevion and Levina like this.
  2. Grevion

Grevion Think Tank TROLL ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Finally! This forum is making sense while discussing politics.:D

Kidding. Don't take it otherwise.
    It will be very humiliating for him to return to NDA after all the chest thumping against Modi. However the circumstances in future may lead him to break away the coliation with RJD and continue the govt with external support of BJP.....u know for the sake of Bihar ki Janta.:lol:
    So they have nominated another da-lit candidate to face off Ram Nath Kovind and that's too baith jaiye baith jaiye shaant ho jaiye - Meira Kumar. She was respected by all as the Lok Sabha speaker and if the opposition unites in her favor they might just pull it off.:D

3. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Yup, and he will have to come to this realization fast, otherwise BJP will quickly get into a good enough position in Bihar. Meanwhile he'll have been with Lalu so long that his reputation and legacy will be damaged. And then BJP won't need him even if he's willing to return, and he'll be finished.

So he needs to come to terms with the fact that circumstances will likely never allow for him to be PM, and if he wants to keep hold of Bihar, he should swallow his pride and go back before he loses that too.

Levina and Grevion like this.
  4. bharathp

bharathp Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    i dont think anyone would say it.. so let me say it out loud.. being a ***** has become a necessary qualification to be the president instead of being outright the most eligible to the post based on pure merit. I can think of a 100 other people who are more eligible than Kovind or Meira Kumar, but they are not dalits, and hence dont count in the calculations.

with this culture of tokenism, politics how do we expect anything from our govts including our PSU's (and DPSUs) to deliver?

Wolfpack, Dagger and Grevion like this.
  5. grace

grace IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
  6. A_poster

A_poster Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Meira Kumar is tokenism and a response to candidacy of Kovind; but Kovind's candidacy is not mere tokenism. It is a brilliant social and political en-passant played by BJP/RSS leadership.

Look at the game missionary+luteyan cabal is playing. They have placed all their chips on two issue: Linguistic secessionism and ***** insurgency. Linguistic nationalism is not working because it never had any base outside Lemuria/Tamil Nadu, and even there it has weakened a lot, and would collapse if you remove church support from lemurians. Church is betting on weaning away and converting Dalits by use of atrocity literature.

In this scenario, a well articulative ***** Hindutva leader, who believe that Islam and Christianity are foreign to India, is a masterstroke from propaganda point of view, and BJP by announcing him first has made nomination of Miera Kumar redundant. Because of BJP's first mover advantage, nomination of Miera Kumar looks forced.

I expected BJP to announce a Tribal candidate, but then Tribals have already chosen a side and all of them are either missionaries of Hindutva-vadi.

Nilgiri and Wolfpack like this.
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    How does one get a electricity bill of 2.5 crores? Even when i run Air Conditioner 24/7 in summer i get bill of 8000 rupees,What is Meira kumar running a Central Air Conditioner for whole of lutyens Delhi, or a Nuclear plant?:cheesy:
    Wait there's more They bringing in Prakash Ambdekar,Grandson of Ambedkar, why is it that Congress finds names of only sons and grandaughters of someones family,Can't they find anyone besides dynastic names?Their only claim to fame is they are grandchildren of so and so not self made people.:D

Grevion and Levina like this.
  8. Levina

Levina Admin- Social media Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates

She's a good competitor.

Not fair ppl.
    You make me count the stars and guess the words. I just can't decipher it.:cool:
    :lol:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Wolfpack, A_poster and Grevion like this.
  9. A_poster

A_poster Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    That is feature of the forum. It censor chu-tiya and dal-it.

Lion of Rajputana and Dagger like this.
  10. Levina

Levina Admin- Social media Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    Oopsie!
    Prolly it was the D word which kept me guessing. Lol

Wolfpack and A_poster like this.
  11. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    The blows are coming hard and fast for Lalu. Is this the end of the Maha-Thug Bandhan?

Hotel tender case: CBI files case against former railway minister Lalu Prasad, Rabri Devi, 4 others; conducts search at their residences
    TIMESOFINDIA.COM | Updated: Jul 7, 2017, 09.42 AM IST

[​IMG]
    NEW DELHI: The CBI on Friday registered a case against former railway minister Lalu Prasadand four other people for their alleged involvement in irregularities to do with tenders for hotels in Ranchi and Puri in 2006 when Lalu was railwaysminister, agencies reported.

The three others are Lalu's wife Rabri Devi, his son Tejashwi, PK Goyal, a former managing director (MD) of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and Sarla Gupta, the wife of one of Lalu's close aides Prem Chand Gupta.

As of Friday morning, the investigative agency was conducting searches at 12 locations in Delhi, Patna, Ranchi, Puri, Gurgaon and at the residences of Lalu, Rabri and the former IRCTC MD.

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

Sources told ANI the FIR relates to allegations of irregularities in the tender for development, maintenance and operation of BNR Hotels in Ranchi and Puri, awarded to the private Sujata Hotels in 2006.

The BNR Hotels are heritage hotels of the Railways which were taken over by the IRCTC from the public transporter earlier in the same year.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Wolfpack and Grevion like this.
  12. bharathp

Country Flag:
    India
    whoever said the present govt is not taking action against corruption. well - here goes. this is what happens when there is no Political compulsion to protect the corrupt.
    No "coalition dharma" talk by a feeble and weak hearted guy trying to defend his irrational actions of trying to protect a rotten system and rotten people.

Abingdonboy and Wolfpack like this.
  13. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    What is everyone expecting once NDA gets majority in RS? India really needs to get its a$$ in gear, mid-7% growth is not good enough, it needs to average 8-10% for the next 10-15 years just to keep enough jobs in the economy and to close the gap to China. GST should be helpful in this regard after the 18-24 months but there is still plenty left to be done.

I hope 7% doesn't become the new "Hindu rate of growth"

@Gessler @Levina @nair @bharathp @Bloom 17 @Darth Marr @GuardianRED @Agent_47 @PARIKRAMA @vstol jockey @SrNair @lca-fan

snehil aditya, alok31, Levina and 5 others like this.
  14. Bloom 17

Bloom 17 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Relax from 2018 third quarter you will be seeing 8% growth. If everything goes accordingly ( consider we cope well from the micro recession that's going to hit this Nov and US keeps it interest rates low after 2018) we should be seeing 8% plus growth at least on paper (im hoping 9) in the first quarter of 2019. Once the elections are done with in the same year we could see an increasing trend in the graph. But till the elections the growth will stay stagnat.

15. bharathp

Country Flag:
    India
    I like most things about our govt. also, I want the high growth trajectory. however, there are certain things I want done before we go to that high growth trajectory.
    1) high growth leads to high income disparity - we need that addressed before we get to high growth, else we will have 1% population controlling 90% of economy
    2) remove corruption at low levels - atleast make it very hard to do and very easy to find out. make it "unacceptable" socially - we started on this with demo, but need to do a lot more
    3) bring in more transparency in govt machinery and functioning.
    4) bring a sustainable growth pattern - where jobs and consumption support each other internally without having to go through big bubbles.

until the above happen, I am actually happy with mid 7% growth. I am a big believer in slow and gradual change for the good. sudden changes brings a lot of pain of adjustments, lot of culture shock, lot of problems suddenly. we can take it slow - tackle the problems as they come. we are the fastest growing major economy - keep it that ways for 50 yrs+ of marathon instead of a 15 year sprint.

Levina likes this.