Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Elections :News and discussions

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Nirvana, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Nirvana

Nirvana Major SENIOR MEMBER

Re: Indian Election's

Assembly Election's in 5 states

[​IMG]

2. Nirvana

Salman Khurshid’s gimmick an insult to Muslims - Analysis - DNA

Union Law Minister and Congress leader Salman Khurshid believes that defying the Election Commission is the best way to promote minority rights. The promise of sub-quota for minorities in the OBC quota in the midst of an election campaign is simply a gimmick. This contemptuous opportunism can easily be construed as insult to the intellect of an ordinary Muslim.

Despite the fact that the Congress has ruled the country — barring a few years the party has always remained in power — the plight of Muslims has remained unchanged. The reasons for Muslim backwardness are historical; the Partition is the primary source of scourge. Remaining hostage to the past hardly serves any purpose. However what makes history a festering wound is the fact that the (disgusting) present also does not invoke much confidence. The Justice Rajinder Sachar committee, a well-appreciated step of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, was set up in 2005 to ascertain the ‘Social, Economic and Educational Status of Muslim Community in India’. Its report bares all facts: the low socio-economic status with higher poverty, lower literacy and educational attainments, higher unemployment rates, lower availability of infrastructure and lower representation in civil services including the police, judiciary and in elected bodies among Muslim minority.’

The National Commission for Religious and Linguistic Minorities headed by Justice Ranganath Misra further reveals that ‘among minorities, about one-third Muslims are living in kutcha houses, which lack basic facilities like drinking water, toilet, etc’. Justice Sachar presented his report in 2006 and Misra in 2007. What has the government done all these years to improve the socio-economic conditions of Muslims? For how many years has Salman Khurshid now been the minster of minority affairs? Instead of stirring a hornet’s nest in the name of reservation what practical steps has his ministry devised to alleviate Muslim backwardness?

The Congress’s 9% or for that matter the Samajwadi Party’s 18% Muslim quota pledge are merely enticing election slogans. In any situation, these promises are highly improbable suggestions. What is more frustrating is the fact that Rahul Gandhi, the new age leader, too has fallen trap to caste and religious vote bank politics.

As a matter of principle, the idea of reservation needs to be relooked afresh; it basically encourages affirmative discrimination. Whatever the historical reasons, the continuation of reservation only reflects the system’s failure to ensure equality and justice in the society. Muslims in India require justice and fair distribution of resources as equal and confident citizens of the society and not the charity of reservations.

Muslims in India are as diverse a group as India itself; the concept of a Muslim vote bank is a myth. Still, if the political dispensation believes that Muslims, transcending different socio-political persuasions and overcoming a wide range of economic divisions, vote en-bloc, this will only mean that even after 65 years of independence, Muslims in India have not been able to overcome their profound sense of insecurity. Indeed, Indian Muslims are faced with a deep identity crisis. Urdu is banished allegedly for creating Pakistan, it is now not even taught in its birthplace. The Babri Masjid demolition is a psychological blow from which Muslims have not fully recovered yet. The so-called war against terrorism has fully terrorised the Muslim community across the country. It is easier to implicate an innocent Muslim youth in terrorism-related crimes than to prove his innocence. The long incarceration of innocents in the Mecca Masjid and Malegaon blasts and the case of the recently-released Delhi boy, Amir, mocks the credibility of the criminal justice system. What is more disgraceful is the fact that Muslims in India for no fault of theirs have been made hostage to the situation in Kashmir; it’s a common refrain that if Kashmir secedes, Indian Muslims will pay the heavier price.

Last Friday, getting late for prayers, I was hurriedly climbing the stairs of the Jama Masjid in Delhi, when I heard Imam Ahmad Bukhari’s wailing tirade against the Congress. Immediately, the recent photograph of the habitual election time party-hoper cleric with Mulayam Singh Yadav, pledging his support to the SP, flashed in my mind. The clergy, instead of working for the uplift of Muslims, for its own petty interests has historically enforced the besieged feelings, mainly contributing to the making of a victim mentality. Why not? Only a victim mentality can best serve the cause of a vote bank politics.

3. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

Mumbai

Cong+NCP: 20, Shiv Sena+BJP+RPI: 43, MNS: 12

4. Osiris

Shiv Sena+ leads with 70 seats, Congress+NCP with 52 seats. The MNS 25 seats. results of a total of 164 out 227 seats.

5. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Lets hope the NDA parties win.
    No need for Jinnah's wishes to be fulfilled.

6. Osiris

Mumbai
    Total seats: 227 seats

Results so far:
    Shiv Sena-BJP- RPI: 67
    Cong- NCP: 40
    MNS: 22
    Others: 12

Pune
    Total seats: 152

Results so far:
    Cong: 14
    NCP: 20
    Shiv Sena - BJP: 13
    MNS: 12

Nagpur
    Total seats: 145

Results so far
    Shiv Sena - BJP: 20
    Cong: 10
    NCP: 2
    MNS: 1
    BSP: 1
    Independents: 1

Thane
    Total seats: 130

Results so far:
    Shiv Sena: 51
    BJP: 7
    NCP: 34
    Congress: 18
    MNS: 9
    RPI: 1
    BSP: 2
    Others: 8

NDTV News

7. Nirvana

A Very great New's , you don't know how happy I am today to see Congress - NCP Alliance get defeated in thane-Mumbai once again :pleasantry:

I was very Confident that sena will Make it in thane once again,We don't want a rule by Some Head to toe corrupt Politician's here Like NCP Chairman , Thane Jeetendra Awhad - He has been hiding in his house since afternoon and is even ignoring call from Local Media !! :dance3: This is what i call "Ghamand ka Parajay "

Now let me come to Mumbai Result

This is what i predicted before here on this thread - quite close
    They got 106 in Total

Congress won 48 seats, NCP got 18 - they made quite less than what i atleast expected

The MNS emerged victorious in 28 seats , while Others got 27

I was Right on this , No alliance got the Majority with 114 seats , MNS would have played the Kingmaker if Congress/NCP would have got More seats but now that's out of Question

So it's full n Final , Sena/BJP/RPI will Have their Mayor in civic Corporation :spartak:

and I am Proud and Happy , the Congressis have been defeated again

8. Nirvana

The voter's turnout was quite Low this election , Some 46 pc in Thane and 47 in Mumbai

:tsk: This is very sad after what we recently saw in Anna's campaign

I Myself voted :tup:

9. Nirvana

Now the Next Target should be to throw this Garbage govt in the Right place i.e Dustbin in 2014 :bike:

I Expect congress Defeat in U.P and Punjab too in current Polls :tup:

10. MAFIAN GOD

MAFIAN GOD Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Its sad here in Pune.
    NCP and Congress won the majority seats though they see each other as enemy in Pune.
    MNS bagged around 15 seats.

11. Nirvana

NCP had good Hold over Pimpri and Pune !!

MNS did quite well in Pune , yaar Apan Vote Kela kay >?

12. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

ho me vote kelo

i am just glad to see Shiv Sena back in BMC.

And yes, i voted at 8.10 AM in the morning, dam it when i got there,
    there were already 3 people ahead of me,
    strangely all senior citizens, thats what was disappointing,
    i was hoping for more Youth turn out.

13. Nirvana

Yes very low turnout , I Heard that There was No turnover of voter's from Malabar hill side at all , the Poll booths very empty Most of the time , 45 % was very Disappointing as more than half of the voter's didn't vote

I Was expecting that people will come out after what happened in August last year in Anna hazare's campaign

People who didn't vote have no right to complain about Corruption or blame the Ruling party or Politician's :tsk:

3 people like this.
  14. the mad doc

the mad doc REGISTERED

So Moksh Sir, how are the things looking like in Maharastra....???? Any chance Looters(you know who i mean) will be thrashed out in 2014.????

15. Nirvana

The Corporation poll's Never give's sense of what will Happen in general Election's , Congress have Done very well in Assembly and Lok sabha even after Losing in Corporation poll's in Mumbai / Thane for many Year's now

The Frustration of a Common man against congress is certainly visible , we can Hope for that People will Show their Anger and throw this govt in Trash by 2014 :tup:

Plz Don't call me Sir :mrgreen: I ain't worth it