Indian Infrastructure

Discussion in 'Economy & Infrastructure' started by Naren1987, Jul 10, 2010.

1. King Of Knights

King Of Knights BANNED BANNED

i am serious buddy.

2. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    yaar harshit ... bas kar ... mai haste haste mar jaunga !!! joke marna band kar !!!

3. Anees

Anees Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    United States
  4. Anees

Country Flag:
    United States
  5. Anees

Country Flag:
    United States
  6. Anees

Country Flag:
    United States
    Mumbai

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gurgaon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ArmChairGeneral

ArmChairGeneral Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

The country is developing in a certain and sure-footed way.
    Now we need to focus on semiconductor and electronics manufacturing with assistance from American and Japanese.
    If only our Government sees it as critical?

8. layman

layman Colonel THINK TANK

Country Flag:
    United States
    Can you please clarify what you meant by certain and sure-footed way...

As per our basic knowledge we are having humongous inflation, countries economy is in tatters, exports have dwindled, growth has contracted, And GoI is pushing liquidity into the market to destabilise the rupee. ANd rupee has lost its sheen 3 folds.

Can you explain that please...

9. jonas

jonas Captain SENIOR MEMBER

You wouldn't have admitted this to me would you, you little tinker !!

So what you are saying is you are in a real crap state,O'h dear.

You have made my day,thanks for that I can enjoy the rest of Sunday reflecting on your post

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  10. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
    :rofl: Look at who have we got here. We talk straight and don't wiggle like you, We say our politicians are corrupt and we also criticize them... very funny.

You had to pick up a quote to make your point.... Really Dumb man.

11. jonas

jonas Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Well I was quoting what you said,so that must make you dumb. Actualy you wriggle like a fish on a hook. I'm off now as job done for today.

12. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
    :haha: Seems like you dont have anymore stuff to rant on... Very funny.

Bye. :wave:

13. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

As we can see that the thread is almost dead for 2-3 months

i would like to reignite the discussion on indian infrastructure with some basic questions??

What do we consider as infrastructure ???
    What do we consider as necessary basic infrastructure projects required on our country???
    Why is it that we are fixated with tall high rise glass buildings, bullet trains, why do they hog the lime light, why do they make the headlines ignoring some basic things etc ???

i am asking these questions as most of the time you see these are the projects that get talked about, printed in news papers, shown on TV and discussed as being required for our country

Consider the facts as under

India has a population of 1.25 billion people, expected to grow to 1.40 billion people
    India is not able to provide 24 * 7 * 365 , quality electricity to its people
    India is not able to supply the required amount of water to its people
    India is not able to supply clean, potable drinking water let alone the required amount of clean drinking water to its people.
    India is not able to supply the required irrigation to its fertile land - most of the farms are rain fed
    India is not able to supply its citizens with enough food grains
    India is not able to store properly the food grains it procures through FCI (food corporation of India) most of it rots away.
    India is not able to convert this food stock in value added products
    India wastes away more than 40% of its fruit production annually ( by the way this 40% that is wasted and rotten away is more than the annual fruit consumption of THE WHOLE OF EUROPE put together)
    India's Road network length has not increased substantially within the last decade
    India's Rail network has not increased much since independence ( i dont have exact nos but i dont think it has even doubled since independence)
    In many parts of India - during rains it pour lot of water, flooding happens, water is drained into the sea - during summer there is shortage of water for irrigation/ drinking etc.
    Urbanisation without corresponding increase in the basic amenities in the urbanising city.
    Lowering of underground water tables

Ahmedabad - Mumbai corridor is the busiest in traffic volumes, density etc for both - rail as well as road.

so what do we require addressing these basic issues to secure our future or investment in high profile show piece projects or a judicial balance of both.

Contrary to what we may say, think etc that these are big issues and requires big solutions - if we apply some mind, we may/can come up with some improvisations / JUGAAD type solutions that can be game changers without being high cost in terms of money time etc

i think that instead of following the projects of Japan, China, France, Germany we should focus on our country and focus on Infra that caters of our immediate and future needs that are currently not being met

14. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
    For any development we need transportation, And this current GoI has made 18K roads in past decades where NDA has done 47K roads in 5 year period. SO naturally we cant get the goods reach in all nook and corners. So infra is a big -ve...

15. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Infra - does not mean only roads or transportation

Also building more roads or rails is one of the Solutions NOT the ONLY solution

if we talk about new roads - even NDA govt had not fared better -
    the 47K kms of roads that the NDA talks about are not new roads - the Golden Quadrilateral and NS EW roads are not new roads they are existing roads only what NDA has done is made them part of National Highways - Expanded them from 2/4 lane to 4 lane , remade them upto national Higways standard.

When NDA says that they have made 47k Km of roads it means that they have done work (converted 2/4 lane to 4/6 lane, improved quality of roads) of total length of 47k Kms of roads. It does not mean that they have built additional 47k Km of roads.

If you doubt my statement just check the total length of roads in the country when NDA gone out of power Substract the total length of road existing in the country when NDA came to power if the difference is 47k km then my above explanation is wrong otherwise my above explanation is correct

there are many aspects to infra also - there is a requirement of JUGAAD type solutions, so many of which are possible.