Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Laser and Directed Energy Weapon (DEW) Thread

Discussion in 'Indian Military Doctrine' started by Indx TechStyle, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Ripcord322

Ripcord322 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Our Neighbors are often funny...

I really hope it all turns out the way you say it would...I really do...

Because If it does...It perhaps might be the very very few fields wherein the rest of the world does not already have decades worth of a head start against us....

Though....DRDO's World Renowned and Legendary Punctuality regarding dead-lines speaks for itself .... A delay here might Rob us off a golden opportunity to - for once...Coming at par with the rest of the world...

Anyway...Let's wish them luck....
    If this Project is as classified as the ATV...Then I don't think we will even be seeing trials/news/leaks/videos... until after they are inducted (if they ever are...)

PS : What exactly are the landmark 'stepping stone' points in this program!?...When will they be achieved!?...Hand Held Dazzlers and Small Lasers are already up....Any Idea when are the big ones coming...!?

Indx TechStyle likes this.
  2. Indx TechStyle

Indx TechStyle Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    We have even tested. What delay you expect here?:lol:
    For coming at "par with world", I don't think most countries have these weapons except PRC, Russia & US.

For neighbors, @django and @shah have already declared that they have all kind of weapons "secretly operational" which India is developing.:D

3. Ripcord322

Country Flag:
    India
    Tested already...Wow...
    What kind...!?

4. Indx TechStyle

Country Flag:
    India
    Dazzler 2015,
    If small weapon is tested means large piece is to be made on its feat, little technological challenge is left.
    The weapon is the "Dazzler".

5. Ripcord322

Country Flag:
    India
    Hmm... Exciting...

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/unit...s-to-bring-down-drones/amp/?client=ms-unknown

It seems the Govt. Has put the 100KW one fast track....
    That means..
    Even they are excited and want one ASAP....

Now that is really interesting...

I want to see one in action soon...

6. Ripcord322

Country Flag:
    India
    This file must have been referred in this thread before But I shall refer it again...

http://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/techfocus/2015/TF_August_2015_WEB.pdf

If this link does not work...Refer 'DRDO Tech Focus August 2015'...

Member please read it...
    I gave it a try...And my Brain 'Thermal Throttled'...MAA KASAM...

(Gamers will understand that reference :lol: )

I generally understand terms in conventional weapon systems...Like Fins... Propellent..... Sensor.....Seekers....

But this is some new age S***..... I mean...They have... Gasoline....Toluene...Air Injectors...Pumps...Dam# ...This sh#* is over my head....I mean....this is some level 10 stuff...

PS : Senior Member....Have some mercy on my peasant brain....And somebody... Explain Please....

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  7. ni8mare

ni8mare FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Addition to Aditya DEW (LASTEC).....DRDO (CHESS) is also in process of development of another trailer based Laser DEW:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  8. ni8mare

ni8mare FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Electro-Optical Tracking System
    upload_2017-2-7_21-38-47.png

9. HariPrasad

HariPrasad Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It was way back in 80s. I have read that paper in which actual and calculated results were compared.

10. Indx TechStyle

Country Flag:
    India
    DRDO develops hand-held laser-based explosive detector

[​IMG]
    A handheld explosive detector developed by a laboratory of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) could make airports in the country safer for travellers.

The laser science and technology centre (LASTEC) of DRDO, based in New Delhi, has developed the portable device which uses a laser beam to detect explosives in a matter of seconds. A scientist from LASTEC, who was at the centre’s stall in Aero India, explained that metal detectors and x-ray scanners were not effective enough to detect explosives which a person could carry in gel, liquid or powder forms, among others.

“In civilian airports, people carry all kinds of things like shampoo, medicines, talcum powder and so on. It is difficult to judge whether they are disguised explosives without testing in a forensic lab,” the scientist said. The handheld detector can solve this problem because, within 12 seconds, it can tell whether the talcum powder a passenger is carrying is an explosive substance or not. A green laser light is used to ‘fingerprint’ the explosive based on Raman scattering spectroscopy.

“Depending on the kind of particles in the explosive, the wavelength of the laser beam will shift. The device already has an in-built library of 40 kinds of explosive substances. It will match the result with entries in the library, identify the substance and display the name,” he explained.

Trinitrotoluene (TNT), nitro glucose and nitrocellulose are some of the explosive substances in the library. Substances which may be harmless by themselves, but can be explosive when mixed with other materials are also included in the database. This laser detection method does not damage the material it inspects and can detect through glass and translucent containers as well. The device is portable, weighing 8 kg, and is powered by rechargeable batteries.

The detector will be supplied to major international airports in the country and to other sensitive areas such as industrial establishments of national interest. “We have demonstrated the device to several organisations such as the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and National Security Guard (NSG). They have approved it and the detectors are now in production,” the scientist said. The technology of the detector has been transferred to four Indian companies for production and in four to six months, the detectors will be supplied wherever required, he said.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/597162/drdo-develops-hand-held-laser.html

PARIKRAMA, SR-91, mirage and 2 others like this.
  11. An Indian

An Indian 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India