Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Missile Transporter Erectors and Launchers (TEL)

Discussion in 'Indian Military Doctrine' started by PeegooFeng41, Feb 9, 2017.

1. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    We don't have sophisticated TELs like US, Germany, France, Russia or China have. I mean look at their S300/400 TELs which are much more sophisticated than anything we have

2. ni8mare

ni8mare FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  3. lca-fan

lca-fan Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    The above TEL are for SAM missiles only and we have seen TEL for Brahmos missiles till now. But we have not seen any TEL for Agni series, the one which is was and is shown in Republic day parade is of vintage 1st gen TEL for ballistic missiles, which I suppose is only for showing off and actual TEL may be different considering Indian missiles and missile systems are now very advanced and in some cases at par with P-5 nations.

My take is for Agni series missiles we have Rail based TELs. Since India has huge Railway network and we have several tunnels along with it which can easily be used to hide these TELs and when needed just take it out from tunnel and fire the missiles, even railway sheds can be used for it. And just like there is no clear images for INS Arihant and other strategic assets which we have got, Images for Agni TELs are not made public, so as to not get tracked and recognized by spy satellites.

dray likes this.
  4. PeegooFeng41

PeegooFeng41 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    If I get my way, I will put the TEL on a hovercraft! The ultimate off-roading TEL.

5. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

That is not possible, you can hide the TEL anywhere, even 1 km inside ground.

But for launch procedures, for calculating trejectory matrix, TEL have to come up on pre designated vantage point and then pre designated launch pad.

This doesnt mean you park the TEL on side of road and launch the missile.