Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Muslims rejoicing over Pakistan's win against Sri Lanka.

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Sid, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sid

Sid Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I went to my hometown moradabad with full of cheerfulness. World Cup is on and I thought there is no better place to watch the most coveted cricket tournament than home. Parents, home cooked food, comfort and cricket..what else do you want?

I was watching the pakistan v/s Sri Lanka match the other day. It was the second innings of the match and Sri Lanka was batting.My father and me were deeply into it when we saw Sangakara getting out.The match was gone, we thought. Suddenly, we heard a loud band from somewhere nearby our home. We rushed out to see that a young man,our neighbor, was bursting crackers chanting slogans like 'Pakistan Zindabad'.

I have seen this thing since childhood. Living in the quarter of the city where Hindus are a minority such things do happen.I remember the day very vividly when in the 1999 world Cup, Pakistan defeated the kiwis to enter the final. Our muslim neighbors were celebrating diwali that day.
    Atleast that time when we talked with them, they confessed there pro pakistan attitude in hushed voices.Times have changed. This time they were openly supporting Pakistan.

The moment last wicket of Sri Lanka fell down, many muslim youths made a gathering,brought a dhol from somewhere, and started the procession in the narrow streets of our 'mohalla'.

Ours is the only Hindu home left in our area. Once it was a 50-50 hindu muslim area. Now the only hindus left our us.

We went to our terrace to see what is happening. All we could see was rockets flying and crackers bursting from the muslim homes.

For the first time in my life, I saw fear in my father's eyes.

Unlike most cricket fans I dont want an Indo-Pak final. God knows what is going to happen if Pakistan beats India.

A convent educated guy, I believed in patriotism and secularism which I have studied in my test books.

What I saw that night was a nightmare.And if the current scenario is the norm, I can see what future holds for us in store.

5 people like this.
  2. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Flame Thread

2 people like this.
  3. RoYaN

@Sid I was Jumping with Joy when Pakistan Won, im not Muslim so What is your Problem, What is the Point of the thread???

4. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Nothing new. Dear Sid, please inform us what happens when India and Pakistan face each other. Please tell us the reaction of these people.

5. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

During a previous cup, India defeated Pakistan. My daughter was studying at AMU, Aligarh. Common room of the hostel was jam packed, and many girls were showing pro Pak playcards. After the match, there was an anti India procession.

1 person likes this.
  6. chachachoudhary

Is it really true? No exaggeration here?

7. RoYaN

I Felt Happy when we won the t-20 cup but felt sad for our neighbors so what does that prove????
    Can't people Have a choice on what team they want to support????

Prove this fact before ranting.

1 person likes this.
  8. RoYaN

First part probably,Pakistani players have a huge fan base here. second part Exaggeration at best.

9. chachachoudhary

In any international match, where home team is involved, the citizens are supposed to support home team. We are not talking about premier leagues/club matches. I would like to know the truth.

Secularism does not guarantee safety to traitors.

2 people like this.
  10. RoYaN

Nothing against the law if you cheer for another team.

What the heck is wrong I f I cheer for an other team, its a sport for god's sake :hitwall:

11. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Any illegal activity according to Indian constitution?

12. Sid

I am not trying to create flames here, I never intend to do so. I just shared something which I went through. There was pain in my heart to see all that.

I am not anti muslim. My GF is a muslim, many of my friends are muslims. But still....

You wont believe that My GF's mother is a die hard pakistani Fan. She wants Pakistan to win, even against India. And I am not talking about any orthodox lower class muslim family. Its a family which connects to the elite class of our society.

13. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Perhaps she wanted to live in Pakistan, but never got the chance to do so and so was pining for Pakistan, perhaps cos she was promised Pakistan while she was growing up.

14. RoYaN

Go check with the doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But still what??????????

So what yaar its sport If you like those players you will support that team if you don't you won't, its as simple as that yaar........
    By the way Where do you live in the Capital???

15. Sid

Yes, I know Sir its not only about the sport. Its the psyche of being anti Indian. I would love to invite you to my home in moradabad if there is an Indo-Pak match. I know you dont believe me because you must not have seen such things happening.

Please come to Moradabad and stay at my home for as much time you want.

You'll come to know why I wrote this..

Besides, I m putting up in Maharani Bagh.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.