Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Muslims rejoicing over Pakistan's win against Sri Lanka.

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Sid, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hembo

Hembo OLD MOD STAR MEMBER

The point and difference between your analogy of Tamils and Pakistani are:

1. Pakistan is anti-Indian, while Srilanka and/or its Tamil disprora are not.
    2. It's ok to be a Pakistan fan, but it's not OK to cheer Pakistan against India. It has some ulterior motive.

The illegal bangadeshi poulation residing in my home state also donot want to go back to Bangladesh or Pakistan but stay in India. But in a match (India vs BD or India vs PK), they cheer voceferously for BD and/or Pakistan. Now, isn't that treacherous? What would you infer from such acts? Think outside the cricket example.

1 person likes this.
  2. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Alright, I think we are dealing with multiple facets in this problem. Some of them are purely academic, if any Indian has a right to cheer for any team? if Indians have the right to cheer against Indian team? Does cheering against India automatically make one anti-India?

Then we have some real pragmatic issues. Do we have some elements in Muslim community that cheer for Pakistan? Yes certainly, but unless GOI makes that act a crime they can not be considered a criminal.
    How severe is this problem, when you consider the multitude of problems facing our country?
    And the most troubling aspect is the fact that some organization use these unfortunate incidents by a few individuals to paint all of Muslim community in India as "traitors".

Just look at the title thread "Indian Muslims rejoicing.......", it just gives an impression that all 150 million Muslims celebrated Pakistan's win, when in truth the number probably would be insignificant.

Test of democracy and true freedom is not just going along with what the overwhelming majority of population is doing, that is very easy to do, but instead how the society reacts to the actions of a few that might be against the social norms.

1 person likes this.
  3. Gamgeen_Pakistani

Gamgeen_Pakistani FULL MEMBER

It is true that there are lot of Pakistan supporters in India. But it is also true on the other hand, that Indians have a right to be offended with them.

Anyway, there will be diverse opinions on this topic. Stepping into the Indians' shoes, I can appreciate their sentiment. In Pakistan, if Hindus were to support India in cricket, that too openly, I would thoroughly dislike it. In summary, we Pakistanis must exercise restraint when laying judgment on the actions of cultures other than our own. Thank you all for reading.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  4. Hembo

I do have few exception to the thread though:

1. It was a Pakistan vs SL match, NOT a Pakistan vs India match. (Though personally I have encoutered people cheering for Pakistan or BD against India, hence my strong stance).
    2. Its should not be that Muslims cheering for Pakistan are only the traitors. Muslims don't have to proove their loyalty towards India again and again. The BSF Jawan (a Hindu) who sold sensitive defence information to ISI is even bigger a traitor.

5. Hembo

I guess I am a little late into the discussion. Most of the points I made were already discussed to dust..

However a new thought crossed my mind after going through the entire discussion..

What do you people say about an UK citizen of Indian origin cheering for Indian team...

6. Coltsfan

I say it is up to him to cheer any team he wishes for, he should not be obligated to cheer for any particular team.

White racists OTOH would refer to them as traitor, for living and enjoying life in UK while cheering for a foreign team.

You can make the parallel to this situation yourself.

7. Tshering22

Tshering22 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

UK and India are not enemies and don't have bone between them anymore.

If your memory is correct... we and Pakistan aren't bonhomie anywhere even distant from that level.

So take your pick of whom to call "racist or radical or fundy" or whatever.......

8. Coltsfan

Ah so according to your logic it is okay to cheer for another country as long as India has good relations with it?

BTW, my post was in reply to a direct question by Hembo. You didn't answer as to what your take is on that question.

9. Tshering22

Tshering22 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Good relations doesn't essentially mean monstrous levels of trade and strategic ties if you get the idea. It means one not sending terrorists to blow your people up. Now don't come telling me that Afridi and his boys don't produce terrorists. We all know that. But he represents a country that causes us great harm. Giving such menial excuses is simply being apologetic.

Everyone is free to cheer for anyone PROVIDED that country is not the direct cause of more than half of your own security troubles. You should at least sensibly know that. :coffee:

10. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

It would be best for the UK citizen to cheer for UK, even if he is of Indian origin. If he cheers for India, one cannot blame right wingers for attacking them for having dual loyalties.

But the Brits don't mind so much, because India is not an enemy country. The people who are offended are in a minority.

11. Coltsfan

Apologetic for what?

I could make a case that Indians getting all worked up because few Muslims cheering for Pakistani team are paranoid and hypersensitive!!

Pray tell what is the level of "direct cause of trouble" that is acceptable to you? Obvious more than half is not acceptable to you. 1/3? 1/4? 1/100?

Do you see the inherent fallacy in your argument? You can not quantify the threshold level for such kind of things.

12. Spartacus+

Spartacus+ Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Pakistani fans in India rocks. :yahoo:

13. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

Do it Sir, do it. I will immediately declare you a case fit for for a mental hospital, even if I am BANNED. Go ahead, sir.

Better to be a paranoid and be on guard than be complacent and rue.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  14. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Start arranging for their grand reception boy and yes please do not call them Mohajirs.

15. indian spetsnaz

indian spetsnaz 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

i know. i visit pk defense and i am member of pk defense. my point is if Pakistanis start India bashing threads you should not do same. let the quality of indian defense forum remain high. :india:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.