Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Muslims rejoicing over Pakistan's win against Sri Lanka.

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Sid, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

The Lunatics are fast being pushed to the edge or irrelevance, which is the changing reality in India, even though some spring up every now and then.

2 people like this.
  2. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

.....sid is pointing to this very fact that in his locality, people may not stand up to lunatics. Read his posts, this being the reason for hindus migrating to other areas of his city. His point of argument, what I can gather myself, is these lunatics are getting bolder and cricket is just an excuse.

3. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Well, there is also the fact that interior UP is very different from cities like Bangalore or Trivandrum or Chennai, where most of the posters hail from. In 2011, after economic improvements in large cities in India, it is rare to find such stuff happening. But if there is a place where such things still happen, it is UP. The thread starter's story is believable only because it is in the West UP belt.

4. RoYaN

I have read the post and what I have gathered is too much Paranoia is created over the cheering for a cricket team and celebrations after teams victory.

5. RoYaN

Its all very mixed up if you asked me people equating cheering for one team with fear of riots.

6. RoYaN

Some thing tells me we are at the Fag end of this debate!!!!!!! :smokin:

7. Bangalorean

Very often, we make a mistake of assuming that the whole country is similar to what we see around us. A middle class person in Bangalore, or a student in Trivandrum, who has not visited various parts of the nation, just cannot appreciate what the situation is like in far flung places in India. I have been fortunate enough to have visited almost every place in India, and lived for extended periods in many different cities.

And I can understand the larger issue here, which is causing uneasiness in the thread starter and worries him. One needs to spend some days in the Muzaffarnagar, Bijnor and thereabouts to understand where Sid is coming from (pun intended).

8. Bang Galore

Bang Galore Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Everything wrong actually. He wants PoK to become Indian Occupied Kashmir. Hardly a flattering thought. People must use a little bit of the grey matter available.

9. Bangalorean

My point being, textbook knowledge of secularism, riots, etc., and knowledge of how things should work in an ideal world is generally insufficient to understand how it pans out in reality. Textbooks seldom teach you about how things really are.

1 person likes this.
  10. Optimist

Optimist Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

The more a person is literate, the more broad minded he is. Religion has been devised to make people follow a path.

My personal view: U live based on a religion, but u dont live for a religion as in "U eat to live but u dont live to eat". I consider people going ga ga over religion as maniacs, that's y i make it a point to stay miles away from priests/fathers/mullas. :tongue1:

11. Optimist

Check somewhere in "Write something abt the person above" thread, i've explained it. (if u r interested).

12. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

What hell...even I'll rejoice if Pakistan wins against SL. Id rather see India thrash the hell out of Pakistan in the Finals than Sri Lanka any day...far more entertaiing than even India/ AUs

1 person likes this.
  13. Optimist

So, should be curtains down to this debate.

14. Spartacus+

Spartacus+ Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Good to see PAKISTANI fans in India May ALLAH bless them.:cool:

Royan stop BS-ing its a fact that Pakistani have huge support in India, you must respect others point of view this is forum not court. :yes4:

15. RoYaN

Its limited to sports and non-serious issues when it comes issues like Kickin a certain neighbor's arse we are quite united.
    that is B.S because????
    What ever..............

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.