Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian National Anthem

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by rocky.idf, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    Today 27 Dec 1911
    ‘Jana Gana Mana,’ the national anthem of India, is first sung in the Calcutta Session of the Indian National Congress
    “Jana Gana Manaâ€￾ is the national anthem of India. Written in Sanskritised Bengali, it is the first of five stanzas of a Brahmo hymn composed and scored by Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore. “Jana Gana Manaâ€￾ was officially adopted by the Constituent Assembly as the Indian national anthem on January 24, 1950. The original poem was translated into Hindi by Abid Ali.

4 people like this.
  2. Dushyant_

Dushyant_ REGISTERED

In our anthem sindh is knowing as our state..but sad it is not in under india.. Sad we should ask him to come back in india...we people wait when india and pakistan combine again...

3. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

forget it .... move on

4. Bismarck

Bismarck BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Was it not written to glorify the ruler of India during 1911, King George ?
    I think it was written to glorify the British ruler, if you clearly understand it you will know what I mean
    Nehru selected it because it would be easier for the brass band to play.. Imagine them playing Vande Mataram which as per me does truly glorify the motherland

5. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    yes it was and thats why whole poem is not selected only its first strangas... and anthem has been defined by court or parliament( I am not sure right now) that its meaning matches what we want to convey in these lines we selected to be our national anthem.

and the sindh is not for the state now its for the culture and people.

6. he-man

he-man Captain SENIOR MEMBER

comeon dude

it glorifies the whole india,probably the best rhyming national anthem ever written.

it covers all the major regions of india and as a result is not biased in any way.

whether it was written to appease someone dosen't even matter as long as anthem serves its purpose.

vande matram has a tough language and as a result most ppl donot understand it at all,,even jan gan man is not fully understood but majority of the words are easily understood.
    compare this to pakistani national anthem which is in farsi,lol

7. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    You have a point. Some people in India want to revert to Sare jahan'se achha Hinustan hamara ---" of Iqbal.

Or is it the river Indus?

8. Bismarck

Bismarck BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Why do we have to compare ourselves with Pakistan? Should we be happy of our misery if Pakistan is more miserable?
    Then why not use the anthem "God save the queen" (it has come to that talking about the italian queen)

The Jana Gana Mana does not glorify India but Glorfies the Ruler (King George) for ruling the beautiful India.

Surely it does make a difference when it is national anthem and not just a poetry. If Jana Gana Mana was considered as a poetry (which it is) then it is to be appreciated, but then when its taken as an anthem, it is technically an insult, because India still sings the glory of the Royal Family of Britain. Seems you just cannot get over it, and that mentality might explain why India has a foreigner as head of its Ruling party.

If the national anthem is taught from when children are young, they can sing it well. If you want a man to sing who has not sang it ever it will be difficult, I am sure that 10% of Indians do not know to sing the entire national anthem. nor do they know what it means. If you are nice enough can you translate the Anthem for the forum? IF you cannot then, it shows how "useful" it is . It just becomes a song that has as you said "best rhyming"

If that is the case you can also consider making Metallica's Sad but true as Indian anthem, it has lyrics that rhythm, it has nice feel and feels powerful. Give it a thought.

A national anthem need not be rhythmic, it needs to be inspiring, which Jana Gana mana is defintely not

9. he-man

change ur flag first before insuting me,,,u may be a slave for leaving india,i certainly am not.

such nerve u have got??what about urself??

did u leave india to benefit country??

stop ur preaching please if u cannot implement what u want others to do

10. Bismarck

Bismarck BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Temper temper...your debate gets personal. I was not personal to you, I just stuck to the topic,
    If you cannot stick to the topic without passing personal comments then best not to debate. It takes the beauty out of debating when someone cannot debate and just use foul mouthed language to put their view and in doing so, do give a glimpse of their upbringing and culture. So, if you can debate in a cultured language, we can debate, else there is no point to debate, I do not intend to lower my standards.

11. he-man

i used no foul words but i am deeply pained by ur nationalist rhetoric when u urself have moved on to safe pastures obviously for the sake of money,no??

that places u in a very awkward position especially with what u are trying to portray,thats a fact.

and pls leave my upbringing and culture behind

i am from the culture which got converted from the principal indian religion just to fight the foreign invaders and a certain foreign religion at that point of time.u may know what i am talking about.
    if u want to continue with ur rhetoric,at least come to india or for just showing off,change ur flag.

12. Bismarck

Bismarck BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Changing the flag from that of European union to other it would not make a difference to the debate,
    Debate is about ideas and views, Your views against mine or someone else.

13. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    no... the latest interpretation has said its about people and culture... there were some discussion going on in past in media and other places about sindh and if I am right somebody has went to SC for this and option of removing sindh from anthem.. and from there it has been interpreted that its not about area or river.. its about people and culture so it is still justified

14. he-man

ur views are null and void as u are preaching something that u failed to do urself.

thats sheer hypocrisy

15. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    this issue had been raised earlier and even at the time of selection of anthem... people and leader had asked it and a big debate happened that time.. and the question was who is "adhinayak" used in the anthem as it was king gorge when gurudev had written it.

the committee who selected it as national anthem has said now the "adhinayak" is people and constitution as India is sovereign and with time the meaning changes.. it was written with different opinion and goal but when it got selected it is not because of it praised some foreign king but because it had talked about people of India and according to our constitution we the people are owner and ruler of India.. so there was no other in this comparison to get selected.

the anthem praise the "Adhinayak" of people of India and now this term means people of India... which means we people of India praise ourselves in our anthem and also for us we the people are India not the land or river only.. its we because of whom this nation is India.. now think is there anything better then this as national anthem where people of India from any part of India praise all the people of India which means national integration.

our forefathers were best people happened that time and each and everything they had selected was done after a lot of debate, research and considering the parameters.. so don't think about anything like king gorge.. its you and me and 1.21 billion people who are praised in anthem ( words are mine but the basic meaning is from the committee which selected anthem.. used mine word as forgot their exact words)

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.