Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Navy saves Chinese ship from pirates

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by SpArK, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

okay, did not know that. thanks

2. megatrajan

megatrajan FULL MEMBER

well done IN and also good work from USN and turkey.This pirates are becoming a menance :2GUNS:

3. Capt.Popeye

Capt.Popeye Captain SENIOR MEMBER

This was a good operation that saw a successful conclusion. Thats the most important thing. Leave the politics aside.

Let me tell you gentlemen (and ladies, if any): there has been one very basic and underlying principle at Sea for centuries. I like to call it the (unwritten) LAW OF THE SEA (much before people and countries came together to create UNCLOS).
    It simply is like this:"any (and every)Sailor on the Seas is bound to extend all assistance within his means to another Sailor in distress, with the utmost dispatch and diligence at his command".
    This traditional obligation is unfettered by any considerations of nationality, color, race, religion etc. And has been unequivocally followed by Seaman everywhere for centuries. So the "Brotherhood of Seamen transcends the Sovereignty of Nations" in my considered view. Hence it does'nt matter a 'rats-ass' what the Chinese Govt. or any other Govt. (or any keyboard warrior) thinks about this episode. What matters only is what the Ship's Complement of MV Full City 'know and think'. And I can assure all of you here, that I know what the reaction/response will be. And that will be my response too if I have come out of such a situation. I am very sure that they have a thought of thanks-giving for the crew of the Tu-142 'Bear' that swooped low a number of times over their ship, buzzing the pirate crafts and helped to facilitate their deliverance.

I know what I am talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.