Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Railways Junction

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by anant_s, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Ankit Kumar 001

Ankit Kumar 001 Captain Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

DLW has rolled out the first WDG4D High Horse Power Diesel Locomotive for a non IR user,Odisha Power.

It is the first HHP locomotive to be built for a non IR customer.

Also a new and unique livery.

@anant_s

2. anant_s

anant_s Encyclopedia Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    San Francisco Orange is a pretty common color used in industry for moving objects like EOTs and hence no surprise the same is chosen for TPP as well.
    I kind of quite like the livery! :agree:

Agent_47, GSLV Mk III, nair and 2 others like this.
  3. Levina

Levina NONconformist Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    An important day in the history of Indian railways so I thought I will post this here>>>

YarS, anant_s, Bregs and 1 other person like this.
  4. anant_s

Country Flag:
    India
    30509 from DLW
    dlw2.jpg 30509.JPG

YarS, Grevion, GSLV Mk III and 4 others like this.
  5. anant_s

Country Flag:
    India
  6. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    I got married when I was posted in Goa and I went with my wife to Goa by Goa Express which in those days used to change to meter gauge at Miraj station. The last station before entering Goa used to be Castle Rock station. I went to the Diesel loco Pilot and showed my I-Card to him and requested that I wanted my wife to sit in the drivers compartment for the journey down hill. The driver accepted my request. Just before Doodhsagar falls, the train used to stop and the pilot told me to join him at that place and he will wait for me and my wife. My wife still loves that journey and beautiful scenery she got to watch. That day I realised that these diesel Locos are controlled by just three levers which includes their brakes and they also use dynamic breaking while going down hill to prevent over heating of their brakes. Tha Loco Pilot explained lot of things to me once he realised that I am a fighter pilot. He was a Goan. we got down from the engine just before Madgaon station and went back to our coupe. Once the train left Madgaon, I raised the window shutters to let my wife see, SEA for the first time in her life. She comes from a hard core land lubber family from Jammu and had seen sea only in pics/movies.

proud_indian, YarS, Nilgiri and 3 others like this.
  7. Nilgiri

Nilgiri Lieutenant GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

Country Flag:
    India
  8. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  9. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    Soon, reach Alwar from Delhi in 104 mins

[​IMG]

Commuters from the Capital will soon be able to reach Alwar in just 104 minutes thanks to the Delhi-Rewari-Alwar Regional Rapid Transport System (RRTS) project, which is all set to take off. At present, the journey takes around four hours. The project was discussed at the Ministry of Urban Development on Saturday, ahead of a detailed project report being submitted for approval. The stakeholders’ workshop was attended by municipal commissioners, officials from the Town and Country Planning departments from the governments of India, Delhi, Haryana and Rajasthan, besides consultants and representatives of the construction company. 19 stations covered Outlining the features of the rail-based project, V.K.Singh, Managing Director of the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC), said that the 180.5-km project would cost an estimated Rs 37,539 crore.

The project, which is expected to be completed in about six years, will be funded by the Centre, State governments concerned and other funding agencies. According to Mr. Singh, the project will include 19 stations with the first 56 km being underground and covering the stretch between ISBT Kashmere Gate in Delhi to Cyber City in Haryana. The remaining stretch of 124.5 km will be elevated. He added that the NCRTC was targeting approval by the Board in the next two months, and approval from the Delhi, Haryana and Rajasthan governments in another three months to begin work within one year. With a design speed of 180 km/h, an operating speed of 160 km/h and an average speed of 105 km/h, the journey between Delhi and Alwar could be completed in 104 minutes, said Mr. Singh. Trains would be available on the corridor every five to 10 minutes, depending the time of the day, he added.

anant_s, Nilgiri, Vyom and 1 other person like this.
  10. Nilgiri

Nilgiri Lieutenant GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

Country Flag:
    India
    Yah but who can forget the mumbai metro debacle with the chinese nanchang cars leaking when it rained etc

11. Butter Chicken

Butter Chicken 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    ^ RRTS has been on the chopping block for a decade,finally some movement.This has capability to urbanise vast areas of NCR

GSLV Mk III and Nilgiri like this.
  12. Ankit Kumar 001

Country Flag:
    India
    Two Rapid Metro stations — sectors 42-43 and 53-54 — which were earlier not opened to public when Phase 2 of the network was opened for commercial operations on March 31, will be inaugurated at 3pm on Tuesday. Phase 2, which runs along the Golf Course Road, has five stations in total. While DLF Phase 1, Sector 54 Chowk and sector 55-56 stations are already operational, Rapid Metro authorities had said the delay in opening these two stations was because of incomplete work on the approach road.
    Authorities are betting on increased ridership, once the entire system gets operational. They have also started a shuttle service to areas along Golf Course Road (extension), which do not have Metro connectivity yet. Once these two stations become operational, areas such as DLF Phase 5, Vyapar Kendra, SuperMart and other residential and commercial establishments around Genpact crossing will benefit.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/gurg...-stations-open-today/articleshow/58351651.cms

13. Ankit Kumar 001

Country Flag:
    India
    Solar energy to power Delhi Metro’s Phase III
    TNN | Apr 24, 2017, 02.35AM IST

New Delhi: Delhi Metro's Phase III is likely to be fully powered by solar energy.

Last week, Delhi Metro signed a purchase agreement for 25 years with Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited, a joint venture between Solar Energy Corporation of India and the Madhya Pradesh government.

Under this agreement, Delhi Metro will source 345 MUs annually from this project, "Effectively, the entire energy requirement of phase III of Delhi Metro project," said a statement by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC). It is also expected to result in substantial savings in energy cost for Delhi Metro, added the statement.

Delhi Metro has been spearheading efforts for enhancing the use of solar power to reduce impact of increasing energy tariff and mitigate environment depletion. "DMRC was involved in this mega solar project since April 2016 and played a crucial role in drafting project documents. Team of officials from DMRC and RUMSL, through diligent detailing, robust project preparedness, keeping appropriate distribution of risks, have achieved a record low first year tariff of Rs 2.97, for solar energy," said the statement from Delhi Metro.

Describing it as the world's largest single site project, Delhi Metro officials said the 750MW solar project in Rewa, Madhya Pradesh, is likely to become operational from June 2018. "DMRC also has a target of commissioning 20 MWp rooftop solar plants by the end of 2017 on its premises and has successfully commissioned 16 MWp capacity till date and already signed power purchase agreements for 31.50 MWp," added the Delhi Metro official.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/delhi/solar-energy-to-power-metro-ph-iii/articleshow/58332740.cms

anant_s and Nilgiri like this.
  14. Ankit Kumar 001

Country Flag:
    India
    UDAY in Railways: Government to launch overnight Utkrisht Double-Decker AC Yatri Express in July on high-demand routes
    By: PTI | New Delhi | Updated: April 24, 2017 11:14 AM

The Indian Railways will launch in July the Utkrisht Double-Decker AC Yatri (Uday) Express, a special class service for overnight journey that will ply on high-demand routes. Equipped with comfortable reclining chairs, the 120- seater AC coach will have large automatic food and tea/cold drink vending machines for passengers. Uday service will ply on high-demand routes like Delhi- Lucknow and the fare will be lower than that of 3AC class in regular mail/express trains. There will be large LCD screens in every coach with Wi- Fi speaker system.

The USP of the double-decker Uday is providing better passenger amenities in less than 3AC fare, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
    Since the train will have 40 per cent more carrying capacity than other trains, it will help the public transporter clear the rush in high-demand routes. Though it will not have sleeper berths despite being an overnight service, measures have been taken to make the journey comfortable with many added facilities, the official said.
    You May Also Like To Watch This:

There will be comfortable seats with adequate leg space to relax at night. The interior of coaches will be aesthetically designed to give a modern look besides being equipped with bio-toilets. As far as catering is concerned, there will be facility for providing pre-cooked hot food from food vending boxes in each coach. The train announced in rail budget 2016-17 is slated to run at a speed of 110 km speed per hour on high density routes.

http://www.financialexpress.com/ind...-decker-ac-yatri-uday-express-in-july/639521/

@anant_s Repackaged DD. Will it be successful this time ?

anant_s and GSLV Mk III like this.
  15. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    The upcoming lines of Mumbai Metro (2-7) are under a different management, so I hope it will never happen again.

BTW, there is one Indian manufacturer which has its own proprietary metro rolling stock designs - Titagarh Wagons. They own an Italian company, Firema Adler.

http://www.titagarh.it/en/products.html

Nilgiri likes this.