Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian submarine Sindhurakshak catches fire at a naval dockyard

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by Rock n Rolla, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varchasva

varchasva 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

2. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    someone on this forum has real info. on our subs incident ... he is not talking because of its sensitivity ( and no one should ask for it ).

but my take on this is ... these things do not happen on the scale they have happened in India ... there is a protocol which is followed strictly no excuses ... i personally feel there is a foreign hand in this and the gov. is/will go all out of the way to hide this and blame it on negligence ... than this will be the greatest dent to moral of Indian people n Indian Arm Forces ...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  3. jonas

jonas Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Sorry but statements like yours do nothing but inflame an already serious situation. One does not have to be an Indian to read between the lines and know who you are talking about. This sort of paranoia serves no good purpose. These sort of thinks happen,although rarely.

I suggest you leave it to the experts to find out what really happened onboard this boat,tensions are already high without feeding the fire.

4. Sree

Sree Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Prayers with the affected Navy personnel & their families.

I hope no severe damage for the INS Sindhuratna..............

Anyway we lost one of our great frontline sub........

At least now on wards speed up the Scorpene delivery and our indigenous nuke sub projects.......

My hearty condolences to the brave mens and their families tooo.....:sad:

5. Marqueur

Country Flag:
    India
    it a speculation ... i may be wrong. im pointing finger at 4 countries ... guess which :smile:

i believe the experts but not our gov.

6. jonas

I'm not even going there,if you believe in the experts then leave it to them. The head of your navy has already ordered a board of enquiry. Do you trust them to carry this out in a fair and open way and publish the findings in the public domain ?

Personaly at this moment in time I prefer to think it was either a tragic accident,or some sort of tech fault. Only a couple of years ago we lost two crewmen on one of our boats due to a faulty oxygen generator whilst the boat was under the polar ice.

It's a fact of life these things happen,lets hope the facts are ascertained quickly. At the moment let us remember the families of the crew members who are missing.

7. Marqueur

Country Flag:
    India
    one question ... does Royal navy directly publish its findings (if such kind of incident would have happen in Royal navy) in public domain or it goes through the defence ministry and then Gov spoke person gives an statement.

8. jonas

There would be a board of enquiry,and you are quite right in assuming that the results would not be published directly by the RN but by the MOD.

The one thing that either helps or hinders us in the UK,and likewise the US is that we 'wash our dirty linen in public'.

I can honestly say that whoever was to blame for such an incident in the UK,whether it be an accident,a fault in the boat or the action of a foreign power,it would be in the public domain.

The UK media are not my cup of tea,but in a case like this it would be suicide for the government to try and hide anything from them. If they suspected any cover up they would be like bloodhounds until they found out the truth.

Whilst we may not like them the media and free speach are the defendents of democracy,try to gag them and you are on a slippery slope.

9. Devil

Devil Captain SENIOR MEMBER

that's why media is not gagged but told a cover up story with a somebody to blame and done with whole issue. That's why whoever was in control will be most likely sacked and and couple of others and issue will be done. Real issue wont be confronted as for media. media is hungry but they rarely display anything in open because in india they make the deal through back door just like in U.S. and U.K. and it is covered up as accident

That's the truth of life be it be U.S., U.K. or India :rolleyes2:

10. lookieloo

lookieloo 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    If this had happened in pakiland, I would have expected that sort of idiotic conspiracy talk. Very disappointing. :tsk: It is most likely an accedent, though sometimes, dumb stuff just happens; we lost a 688i because some guy didn't want to be at work.
    Man torches $400 million nuke sub; Navy's budget struggles for air - CNN.com
    Of course, no one even knows what happened in Mumbai yet. Submarines, by their very nature, are packed full of things waiting to go wrong, and it's a testament to to submariners everywhere that this kind of thing doesn't happen a lot more often. Seeking to immediately blame the incident on some foreign-plot is counterproductive to the process of finding a real cause and taking corrective action to prevent re-occurrence of the event.

11. jonas

Sorry my friend but as far as the Uk and the US are concerned, you have no idea what you are talking about. End of.

12. jonas

I am old enough to remember the loss of the USS Thresher along with her crew. The conspiracy theories that abounded around her loss continue to this day Unfortunately we will never know what happened on the day she went down. The Indian Navy has every opportunity in this case to find out exactly what happened.

13. Soumya

Soumya Major STAR MEMBER

14. Marqueur

Country Flag:
    India
    does a man has right to speculate ... if yes ... for the 3rd fcuking time on the same thread ... its a speculation ...

15. lookieloo

lookieloo 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.