Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Super League!!

Discussion in 'Sports & Entertainment' started by seiko, Oct 20, 2016.

1. seiko

seiko VETERAN ELITE MEMBER

Yup!! Have to say, North East United is the one who is giving chances to youngsters! John Abraham is doing a good job regarding this..

Grevion likes this.
  2. Grevion

Grevion Professional Think Troll IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    Yes North East United has again got a very huge fan following. Even in a game vs Delhi Dynamos in Delhi they have more crowd supporting them then DD.:haha:

Mumbai City FC is also doing great in the grassroot level programs.

You have to be a football fan then. I too m crazy about football even though I'm from Rajasthan. :tribaldance:

3. seiko

I prefer football any day rather than cricket.. But football in Kerala is in declining mode. We havent produced a national star for a long time. Our clubs are not qualifying for I league. We are unable to compete with cash rich other clubs in I league!!

4. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    Cricket is the kind of game you will prefer watching rather then playing but i always like playing football and only watch ISL and the world cup or some other major tournament.

With this kind of support to the Kerala team you won't have to wait much longer for a star footballer coming out of Kerala.

seiko likes this.
  5. seiko

ISL: Atletico de Kolkata register first home win, beat Delhi Dynamos 1-0

Ten-man Atletico de Kolkata (ATK) scored their first home victory, riding on Iain Hume's late penalty to down Delhi Dynamos 1-0 in an Indian Super League (ISL) football match on Saturday.

Hume scored from the penalty spot in the 78th minute to become the highest scorer in ISL's history at the Rabindra Sarovar Stadium.

Portuguese centre-back Henrique Sereno was sent off minutes before the goal for two bookings in the match. He brought down Richard Gadze inside the box being the last defender inside the penalty box.

Brazilian Marcelo Pereira missed the resultant penalty, scuffing his shot over the bar.

With the win, ATK went to the second spot with nine points from five outings in the points table, while Delhi remain fourth with six points from five matches.

Molina made four changes to his staring line-up with Tiri, Lalrindika Ralte, Bikramjit Singh and Juan Belencoso drafted in.

Delhi coach Gianluca Zambrotta, on the other hand, ringed in five changes with Doblas Santana, Lalchawnkima, Ruben Gonzalez, Marcos Tebar and Rupert Nongrum all handed starts.

Both sides had their share of chances in the first half.

In the fifth minute, Hume passed to an unmarked Sameehg Doutie. But Delhi goalkeeper Doblas Santana showed alacrity to come off his line at the right time and smother the attempt.

ATK's goal-scoring duo Doutie and Hume were dovetailing well in the initial stages.

At the other end, Delhi's Marcelino tried to chip over an onrushing ATK keeper Debjit Mazumdar but defender Prabir Das cleared the ball near the goalline. The home side then benefitted from their custodian's super show, making three back-to-back saves in the 35th minute to keep the visitors at bay.

Four minutes later, Doutie crossed from the right for Juan Belencoso who made a darting run inside the box but headed over.

In the dying minutes of the half, Doutie was in the thick of things again pulling one back for Hume who blasted over from outside the box.

The teams went into the break tied goalless.

ATK coach Jose Molina brought in midfielder Jewel Raja in place of the ineffective Bikramjit Singh. At the hour mark, ATK's defender Pritam Kotal combined well with Doutie on the right with the latter finding Lalrindika Ralte who shot over the bar.

Delhi substituted their marquee player Florent Malouda with Emerson Moura before the flow of the tie changed dramatically with penalties awarded at both ends.

Delhi were awarded the first penalty when Sereno tripped Gadze inside the box, which Marcelo blazed over. Minutes later ATK received a penalty when Doutie was halted in his run by Lalchhawnkima near the byline of his own box.

Hume stepped up and made no mistake slotting the ball in the bottom left corner with the keeper diving the wrong way, ensuring ATK all the three points.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...ta-delhi-dynamos-first-home-win/1/793369.html

Grevion likes this.
  6. seiko

FC Goa's coach Zico - Expecting a tough game versus Kerala Blasters

Ahead of their home game against Kerala, Zico spoke about how Jofre is overloaded in the absence of Leo Moura...

FC Goa play their second home game of the season on Monday, when they face Kerala Blasters.

Goa’s head coach Zico stated that teams will not need as many points as last season to qualify for the semi-finals.

“We need to do our best every game. This year the tournament has been well balanced. To be among the top four this year we will need fewer points. Our mind is on Kerala now and the aim is to qualify for the semi-finals,” Zico said.

The Gaurs head into the game on the back of their first win of the season, a 1-0 win versus Mumbai City FC. Zico admitted that the win has brought confidence to the squad.

“I think despite playing good football we have lost a few games. The win in Mumbai is important as it will give confidence to the squad. It was a good win.

“You can see the stats from the five games. No team has really dominated us. They have had three or four shots on target and have scored two goals. Hope the wins are in our favor from here on. We need to improve our aim in front of goal,” Zico underlined.

Zico lauded Kerala Blasters for their defensive play and organization thereby hinting at the possibility of a cagey affair.

“I don’t know it will be open. They play defensive and good marking . Both teams need to win and maybe it could be an open game. I am expecting a tough encounter,” he explained.

[​IMG]

Zico – Couldn’t sign more players because of miscommunication with management

The Flamengo legend opined that Leo Moura’s last minute ditch of signing for FC Goa has left Jofre Mateu overburdened with attacking responsibilities.

“Of course I feel very much because we couldn’t sign him. Last year he (Leo Moura) was sharing that role with Jofre but this year Jofre is overloaded. He has to do it all alone. Leo Moura told us in the eve of signing for Goa that his club in Brazil wouldn’t release him. By then we couldn’t sign any other player.

“We had only Rafael (Coelho) who was fit and Robin (Singh) was unfit. So we decided to bring in Julio Cesar who was a different type of player. The Moura situation was an addition to all the other problems we had,” Zico elucidated.

"This year we have a different kind of job. We had Gregory Arnolin, Subhasish Roy Choudhury, Robin Singh, Denzil Franco and others injured. But it is good to see that they have recovered and giving their best,” he added.

Zico hinted that despite Lucio’s return to fitness, the former Bayern Munich centre back might not slot straight into the starting XI.

“I am very happy with my defense. We don’t need to change if we are doing well. We have 24 players and everyone has to be prepared. After practice I have to check. Need to avoid what happened in Mumbai (injuries during the game).

“I always play players who are fit – even if it means playing out of position. I have to analyze who is fit to play. When I see it I will chose,” he concluded.

Grevion likes this.
  7. seiko

Today's Match!!

upload_2016-10-23_15-33-20.jpeg

Grevion likes this.
  8. seiko

ISL 2016: Kerala Blasters FC fight back against FC Goa, win first away game of season

Margao: Kerala Blasters FC came from behind to beat FC Goa 2-1 in their 2016 Hero Indian Super League (ISL) football match at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium at Margao on Monday.

Goa made a positive start with a Julio Cesar goal in the 24th minute. Second half strikes by Mohammed Rafi and Kervens Belfort capped off a superb comeback by Kerala as they registered their first away win of the season in front of more than 18,000 fans.

It took 10 minutes for the first shot on goal, which went Kerala's way after a mazy run by Belfort saw the Haitian dance past the Goan defence before getting a shot away from outside the box. Gaurs custodian Subhasish Roy Chowdhury was comfortably positioned in goal to make the save though.

Rafi then dragged a shot wide of goal in the 14th minute after a good lay-off by Belfort had set up the Indian striker on the edge of the box. Kerala's failure to make their early pressure pay was punished by Goa 10 minutes later.

A quality cross from the left by Richarlyson found Cesar in a good position at the far post. The Brazilian striker outjumped Josu Currais and rose highest to power in a header beyond a helpless Sandip Nandy in Kerala's goal to make it 1-0 for the hosts.

Chowdhury was called into action again in the 35th minute when a Sandesh Jhingan flick-on from a Blasters free-kick looked goal-bound. The Goa shot-stopper, however, was alert to the danger and just managed to tip the ball over the crossbar for a corner to maintain his side's 1-0 advantage at the break.

Kerala found their equaliser straight from the restart after Mehtab Hossain found Mohammed Rafique with space on the right. Rafique's dangerous low cross across Goa's six-yard box was met by Rafi's left foot to make it 1-1.

Cesar went close to restoring Goa's lead in the 54th minute with an effort from range that was fractions wide of Kerala's goal. The Brazilian's next attempt forced Nandy into a save nine minutes later after a powerful free-kick from far out required the Indian goalkeeper's intervention low to his left.

The Blasters had a huge opportunity of scoring the winner when Michael Chopra found the ball at his feet in the 80th minute. His shot was expertly saved by Chowdhury in goal as the home support roared in approval. It turned out to be Chopra's last involvement in the game as he had to be stretchered off the pitch soon.

The Gaurs started looking shaky in defence with the game approaching its climax. Gregory Arnolin almost scored an own goal in the 83rd minute when an attempted header back to Chowdhury struck the frame of Goa's goal.

Belfort scored the winner a minute later for the men in yellow. The Haitian received a Josu pass on the left flank before driving at Goa's defence and unleashing a thunderous effort from distance to make it 2-1 for Steve Coppell's men.

The Gaurs pushed hard for an equaliser during the closing stages of the game but resolute and disciplined defending by the visitors saw them weather the storm and pick up their first three points on the road in ISL 2016.

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/ind...oa-win-first-away-game-of-season-3069986.html

Grevion likes this.
  9. seiko

WHY NO GOANS HERE SO THAT I CAN TROLL ? :YUNO::YUNO:

Grevion likes this.
  10. seiko

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grevion likes this.
  11. seiko

Todays Match!!

[​IMG]

Grevion likes this.
  12. seiko

Kolkotta lost today's match..

13. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    Who's playing today? I'm traveling so m unable to catch the games.:frown:

14. seiko

upload_2016-10-26_17-32-46.jpeg

Grevion likes this.
  15. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    When Pune signed trezeguet for the opening season of the ISL i had big hopes from them but they have disappointed the supporters so far in both last two seasons of the league.