Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Super League!!

Discussion in 'Sports & Entertainment' started by seiko, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Grevion

Grevion Professional Think Troll IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    Their love and support for Kerala Blasters FC is just unbelievable.

2. seiko

seiko VETERAN ELITE MEMBER

You should see it in real!! People coming from 200 km away just to watch the game.. They fill the stadium 3-4 hours before the game begins.

Grevion likes this.
  3. nair

nair Guest

Last match people booked buses from North Kerala and travelled as group. places like Malappuram and calicut.....i have seen 2 or 3 matches.... atmosphere is crazy.....

seiko and Grevion like this.
  4. seiko

Last year, I took a shortcut through Nehru Stadium to reach North Railway station 2 hours before match and I stuck in the stadium for a while!! :(

Grevion likes this.
  5. nair

nair Guest

Day before yesterday got stuck at 9 30.... Even though i took a route away from the stadium..... 55k people leaving the stadium in 30 minutes time..... The entire city get choked every time we have a match.... Karyavattom wont have this issue as the stadium is far away from city and very close to bypass......

seiko and Grevion like this.
  6. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    Its not crazy but very heartening to see such a support for their local football team. Kerela Blasters FC, North East United FC, FC Goa and Mumbai City FC have a huge fan base with them.

The future of Indian Football is very bright and it's a very positive thing for a football fan like me.

7. seiko

But Cochin is ideal for fans from all over Kerala to come and watch the match. Karyavattom Greenfield stadium is in good location but am not sure have the same capacity like Cochin international stadium.

8. nair

nair Guest

Try travelling in and around malappuram when World cup happens......The craziest guys you would find in country..... There was a time when Calicut used to be a huge fan following for football.... But corporation screwed it by taking close to a decade for renovating the corporation stadium....Nagji tournament was one thing which was very famous there.... with east bengal and mohan began regular participation.......

Grevion likes this.
  9. nair

nair Guest

It is not only about capacity.... It is also about the passion.... I do not think tvm guys has that passion...... more over as you said north guys would find it difficult to travel all the way to tvm.....

seiko likes this.
  10. seiko

I think after Joe Paul Ancheri, we didnt have a well known player coming out of Kerala!! We had a great team in the name of Kerala Police and had equal matching teams from Titanium. After that it was downfall. Clubs like FC Cochin and Viva Kerala had interest only in the beginning. I have a wild dream that FC Barcelona take Kerala Blasters under their wing :D .. They are planning for a football coaching center here anyway :rolleyes:

Grevion likes this.
  11. seiko

Football is in our blood!! Try some matches in TVM and you will see stadium fill in no time..

12. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    That passion and love for the game is what football is all about. 10-15 years down the line we will definitely have one or more guys playing in a major European leaguer.
    Them should totally do it. The support and training camps with a major clubs really helps. Look at Atletico de Kolkata.

13. seiko

Flash Mob in Kerala Blasters Game!!

Grevion likes this.
  14. seiko

ISL 2016: Table toppers Delhi Dyanmos face stern Atletico de Kolkata test

New Delhi: Table toppers Delhi Dynamos will look to exact revenge when they lock horns with Atletico de Kolkata in an Indian Super League (ISL) football match in New Delhi on Sunday.

Coach Gianluca Zambrotta agreed his team has a special motivation when they host Atletico de Kolkata at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.

Delhi Dynamos are leading the table with 16 points and can open a four-point lead if they manage full points against Atletico de Kolkata, the only team who has defeated them this season.

[​IMG]
    Delhi Dyanmos will look to extend their lead at the top of the table. ISL

"There is no revenge (on my mind) because it was a good match when we lost against a good team. There is special motivation for us to focus on this team because it's a team against whom we lost. For this reason, we will try to concentrate on this game," Zambrotta said during the pre-match media briefing.

Delhi Dynamos are the only team in ISL 2016 who are unbeaten at home. They clobbered Chennaiyin FC 4-1 in their last match at home and have been brilliant at home all season, scoring 11 of their 16 goals. They have also pocketed nine points at home, the most by any team at home this season.

Much of Delhi's success has been due to the goal-scoring prowess of players like Marcelinho, Richard Gadze, Florent Malouda and Kean Lewis. They are the only side to have three players who scored more than three goals this season with Marcelinho (5), Gadze (3) and Kean Lewis (3) striking form.

Zambrotta, however, did not laud individual performances and said his side can still get better.

"I am happy not just about two players but the entire team. They are working sincerely. Of course, I am happy but we have to get better. If we work stronger day by day we have margin to get better," said the Italian World Cup winner.

Atletico de Kolkata are coming into this game after an agonising defeat against FC Pune City when they conceded a goal at the end. Coach Jose Molina was disappointed with that result but has had enough time to work with the team.

"Losing to Pune was not good for us but that's football. We know every match is different. We trained during this week, got time to prepare for this match and we know it will be difficult game. Delhi are at top, may be they are the best team in the league right now, but we want to be there and fight tomorrow," said Molina.

Molina will want his strikers to start firing, notably Iain Hume, the highest scorer of the ISL with 19 goals. This season Hume has scored all three goals so far from penalties and has not shown the form that got him 11 goals last year.

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/isl...e-stern-atletico-de-kolkata-test-3103480.html

15. seiko

Chennaiyin FC host FC Pune City with both teams eyeing semis spot

Chennai: FC Pune City coach Antonio Habas said that the last four matches in Indian Super League are the "most important" as teams keep their fingers crossed and work towards a place in the semi-finals.

The top four teams in Hero ISL will qualify for the knock-out stage at the end of 14 league matches. Delhi Dynamos are at the top with 17 points and FC Goa are at the bottom with 10 points but with four matches still left to be played, no team is guaranteed of a place in the play-off and no team can be ruled out at this stage.

It's a point that coaches emphasised a lot as Chennaiyin FC prepare to thwart the ambitions of FC Pune City at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai, on Tuesday.

"We have good chances to make it to the qualifiers. Goa (placed at the bottom) is also hoping, (and) if they do, we can also hope to make it," said Chennaiyin FC coach Marco Materazzi.

The defending champions have been below par this season. Their winless run of five matches is the longest in their history and they have conceded 14 goals this season, the highest alongside FC Goa.

Chennaiyin FC have also conceded seven goals in their last two matches, equalling their tally of goals conceded from their first seven matches in the league.

Materazzi, however, refused to press the panic button and instead explained how his team could have been approaching this game differently had Nigerian striker Dudu Omagbemi scored against Kerala Blasters in the previous game when his team enjoyed a 1-0 advantage in the first session.

"We will keep fighting. We need 30,000 fans at the stadium. I have been a fan as well when I was a kid. It's easy to cheer when the team is winning. We need fans to cheer us in our bad moments," said Materazzi.

FC Pune City, on the other hand, are back in the race for a top four finish after winning two consecutive matches against Atletico de Kolkata (2-1) and Mumbai City FC (1-0). The team coached by Antonio Habas are now placed fifth but can move up to the second spot behind league leaders Delhi Dynamos if they manage to defeat Chennaiyin FC at home.

"Everyone has expectations to win a place in the play-off. At the moment, all teams are hoping to qualify and we could have tough matches. We expect Chennaiyin FC to play strong. This is the most important stage of the league. We are expecting to face a strong Chennai," said Habas.

FC Pune City are the only side in ISL 2016 who are yet to lose an away game. They have won two and drawn one of their three away matches and with FC Pune City playing four out of their remaining five matches in the group stages away from home, it will be vital for them to maintain their standards, in its quest for a top four finish.

"You need time to build a team. Besides I was banned for the first four matches, so it was difficult. Our intention now is to play high-intensity games, like in high competitions," said Habas.

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/isl...ith-both-teams-eyeing-semis-spot-3106000.html