Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Indian Tender For Next Gen Subs (Project-75I)

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by tariqkhan18, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Anish

Anish BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Most people don't know/forget that after 1998 Indian nuclear tests the Germans imposed tough sanctions which resulted in the embargo of several Type 209 submarines which were due for delivery to India and all their spare parts for new and existing 4 as well.

Indian submarine fleet would have had atleast 10 Type 209 if German's did not impose sanctions and the 100% blame for current Indian submarine fleet status rests with Germany.

It would take a serious backdoor political game to ensure Type 214 wins as Indian Navy brass would oppose any German naval vessel tooth and nail.

surya kiran and Angel Eyes like this.
  2. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Why can't we modify arihant Nd it's following class in non nuke role and develop our own ?

Angel Eyes likes this.
  3. Anish

Anish BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    INS Arihant is a Russian built submarine.

As IN seeks to deploy P-800/Brahmos in VLS cells the Russians can offer either Amur or Yasen class which is specifically built to carry P-800/BrahMos

4. X_Killer

X_Killer Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    bcoz its Nuclear submarine whereas P75i is about Diesel-electric propulsion (conventional) sub

5. MilSpec

MilSpec Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    I am not sure if Germans are a reliable supplier because of their holier than thou political rhetoric. I would much rather stick to with Russians and French.

6. ranadd

ranadd 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    As someone who have intimate knowledge of this project, NO!. I like to shit on PSUs as much as the next guy. But stop typing BS.

It is in the Russian interests, India does not get this project right. And I forgot, there were implications that Russians taught the Indians how to build a nuclear sub. Also, remember this project was running through sanctions period as well.

Russian consultancy was more of like an approval committee rather than hand holding. Indian team would tell them what direction were they heading and the Russians would say yes.

They were not, I repeat NOT, giving us blueprints. Even their consultants were limited to offices. Haven't heard one of em being in the shop floor. Maybe I am wrong here.

Well, to the blueprint part. Naval designers did not need blueprints from the ruskies. They been studying Akula for the same reason.

7. Paliwal Warrior

If we could design & built nuke subs

Why cant have a line of our own conventional subs ?

Angel Eyes likes this.
  8. Sahil ecclstone

Sahil ecclstone FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Nuke subs have a lot of space left in them to put on other systems. Whereas in a convention diesel electric sub space is limited so u have to either have a very good design and fool proof plan or you should have the experience to build such subs.
    I hope this is right :D. :biggthumpup:

9. Paliwal Warrior

I don't think there is any extra space in subs

Even in ships extra space is a myth

vstol jockey likes this.
  10. halloweene

halloweene Major MILITARY STRATEGIST

Soryu is too small for a really oceanic fleet. Depends on your maritime doctrina.

11. ranadd

ranadd 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Money and Political Will.

Rant begin.

It does not matter if Kangress or Mudi Kaka/007 Doval or Kujliwal or Commies are in power.

Indians love their religion, caste, language and free stuff more than anything. What if the entire village is burning as long as my house is not?.
    Appeasement tactics/politics, Cronyism, Graft all take money from where it should be going.

I have posted this for the nth time in this forum. For last 10 years at least kickback and bribes are built into public tender quotations.

Do I build stuff considering what it will bring in 10 years or give free shit to some gullible Indians to stay in power now?

You been hearing about 1000s of crores worth of farm loan waiver. Who do you suppose going to pay for them? I know I will be. We hear complaints from public that mallya took money from them. What about these idiot farmers who does not apply any industrialization in their farming and pray to their gods for a good crop? Why is it up to others prop them up?

And you want government to build new subs/HSR/Metros/Expressways and what nots. :blink::blink::blink:. No, my friend. No.

Rant End.

12. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Soryu is the biggest SSK in service.

surya kiran likes this.
  13. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Arjun tank - design and parts (engine and transmission?) are from Germany.

Dhruv - design and parts are from Germany.

Do228NG - design and parts are from Germany.

EMB DRDO AWACS - is supported by Airbus Germany for system integration, flight testing and provides the EWS

DRDO AWACS India - is based on a German / French aircraft platform

NLCA - Airbus Germany is supporting ADA on design improvements and flight testing

If German export policy would be as restricted as it's reputation says, India would not benefit that much from it, nor would Germany be in the top 5 of global arms exporters.

Anyway, in this case, anything else than a follow order for Scorpene subs would not make any sense. It will be interesting though to see, if Reliance or L&T can bag the SP contract.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Agent_47 and GuardianRED like this.
  14. Luttapi

Luttapi FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    German and French rivalry is responsible for the scorpene mess. Our subs are sitting ducks. We should ban the German companies from even taking part in the tender. If u forgive it is a message. Please do it again.

Angel Eyes likes this.
  15. surya kiran

surya kiran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    He is talking about the Indian Navy experience with Germans with the previous type they supplied.