Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India's Mars Mission May Soon Receive Clearance From New Dehi

Discussion in 'Education & Research' started by Manmohan Yadav, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    New Delhi may soon approve the ambitious Mars mission which is planned for launch in November 2013. The project is in the final stage of approval and studies relating to the mission have been completed by ISRO scientists.

India's mars orbiter may not be on the same scale as that undertaken by NASA's car-sized rover. The orbiter will be launched from Sriharikota in the southern state of Andhra Pradesh. The project is to cost the ex-chequer US $22.6 million.

[​IMG]

The Mars mission will involve carrying out nine scientific experiments. The robot will be launched on a Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-XL), which also was used for India's Moon mission, Chandrayaan-1. The orbit will be 500 X 80,000 km around Mars, and the mission will carry nearly 25 kg (55 lb.) of scientific payloads.

The main objective of the mission will be to focus on life, climate, geology, origin, evolution and sustainability of life on the planet. A significant amount of work has been completed and the scientific payloads have been shortlisted and awaiting government approval.

ISRO has achieved some success with its lunar orbiter Chandrayaan-1 which was the first to discover the presence of water molecules on the Moon.

2. Sinchan

Sinchan Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Will we soon(within10years)receive clearanse from govrnment..?

3. Indian Tiger

Indian Tiger Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

I am tired of hearing this word "soon" from our officials and media... Nowadays i seriously hate that word...

4. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    When they say "soon", you can understand they only meant to say it again,,,and again.

5. Sinchan

Sinchan Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

yeah me too,for me 'soon' means 4 or 5years atleast

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.