Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India’s Muslims

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by VCheng, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Joe Shearer

Joe Shearer VETERAN MILITARY STRATEGIST

HEY!

How about me? I said 'Salaam' first!

Bang Galore and Inactive like this.
  2. Joe Shearer

Apologies for the bad words. Thanks to the Moderator who saved me the embarrassment.

PARIKRAMA and Inactive like this.
  3. Inactive

Inactive Guest

And so have I said too. Read very carefully - socio-economic conditions controlled.

The line of regressive thought is, again, due to my belief of ghettoisation of the Muslim in general answering your specific question and perpetuation of the same till date! I repost the point I had made earlier for your perusal:

Since it was specific to Muslim community, I have answered only for that aspect. The same also holds for any community if the socio-economic status is controlled for both, generally again a social problem being compounded by regressive 'religious' mindset.

4. VCheng

VCheng RIDER REGISTERED

Yes, but is the "regressive religious mindset" unique to Muslims or not?

5. seiko

seiko VETERAN ELITE MEMBER

Most of the things he said is true but I think he should consider the increasing radical teachings and brain washing also.

As I mentioned about their refusal to vaccinate the children, one of the reasons they are saying was that it was a campaign by Western countries to make Muslim children impotent so that they wont breed.

We cannot shut our eyes anymore when a dangerous ideology is spreading. This is a part of the book which is taught in Grade 2 class in one of the prominent Muslim school in Kerala.

[​IMG]

PARIKRAMA and Inactive like this.
  6. Inactive

Inactive Guest

The same also holds for any community if the socio-economic status is controlled for both, generally again a social problem being compounded by regressive 'religious' mindset.

Now you are having a bit of fun at my expense Mr SAH aka VCheng the biker!!!:biggthumpup:

I am very clear in what I wrote, that religious regressive mindset is (predominantly) inversely proportional to the socio-economic status. The same also holds for sharply defined sex or gender roles in society.

Mind you for those unaware, the socio-economic index only takes into account education and employment status and not monetary status.

VCheng likes this.
  7. Inactive

Inactive Guest

@seiko

You are absolutely right when you question the radical teachings. Hence, my pointer towards need for socio-economic reforms with a dedicated thrust to ensure that the necessary steps are taken to deny 'fertile' ground for such people to thrive - who aim to spread such thoughts.

seiko likes this.
  8. Bang Galore

Bang Galore Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

That's a point that makes many uncomfortable. While the social & economic conditions of Muslims have many explanations, including the impact of partition, the complete wiping out of a North Indian middle class (Muslim), the ghettoisation & the psychological trauma that has resulted, the incorrect comparisons between Muslims of a lower socio-economic background with the entire Hindu community including the middle class....the Kerala conundrum presents any neutral observer with an politically uncomfortable problem. The increasing islamisation of an economically non-deprived community presents some very uncomfortable questions. It's moving to a point where some Muslim preachers in Kerala are even suggesting that Muslims should have nothing to do with the "kafirs" and should keep away from them, akin to what Shah Waliullah said. The convenient & common argument that poverty & deprivation pushes people into such a mindset is not something that could be argued here. Nobody really wants to look deeper & address the issue directly, it raises some very uncomfortable questions.....and the answer may be one that no one wants to acknowledge.

9. VCheng

VCheng RIDER REGISTERED

But that is exactly what we need to do here.

Inactive and Bang Galore like this.
  10. seiko

seiko VETERAN ELITE MEMBER

It will be a hard process mate. Every political and social organisations should be in this. When there are people who supports this kind of action for political gains, how you think reforms going to happen? Mind you, many of the reforms like education and empowerment among Muslims in Kerala was happened because of sheer willpower of prominant Muslim leaders like Seedhi Haji and Muhammed Koya. Now current crop of leaders are more worried about allowing beard in Police.

Inactive and Joe Shearer like this.
  11. Bang Galore

Thought I gave you a couple of paragraphs worth.......:mrgreen:

Inactive and Joe Shearer like this.
  12. Joe Shearer

This is the effect of the regressive clergy, and they have to be removed before any improvement is possible in the lives of this community. We need to control Deoband more closely - and the Shankaracharyas, including the fake one of Kanchipuram - to get rid of their manipulations of people's minds.

Inactive likes this.
  13. Joe Shearer

Oh, that ! :cheers:

14. Bang Galore

Well....you know, Trump is a bigot......so all those who believe anything other than the sanitised stuff are deplorables.........civilised people don't talk about that stuff.....

seiko likes this.
  15. VCheng

VCheng RIDER REGISTERED

That discussion is three doors down the hall, to your left. :D