Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India’s Q1 GDP growth falls to 5.7%, hits 3-year low

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by Agent_47, Aug 31, 2017.

1. arbit

arbit 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It took me 6 years from the time I sat my sight on becoming an engineer to the day I acquired my degree. ( 2 years of prep 10th std onwards; I didn't fail :p ) Ravish Kumar that "monologue loving pretentious dude earning 2 crore per annum yet holding on to aluminium trunk to get back to Motihari" took 25 years to reach his ache din.

What exactly are your expectations (in time) that ache din for a country and her people should take to arrive at our shores? I am interested in knowing. Please corroborate with examples from real world.
    Of course since you used above quoted quip to score a point, quite articulately I must concede, I am quite certain we all can benefit from your razor sharp unbiased analysis.

Thanks in advance.

2. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
  3. sunstersun

sunstersun Lieutenant IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    Canada
  4. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
  5. ranadd

ranadd 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Mudi Saar doing egjellant.

6. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  7. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Bloom 17 likes this.
  8. NKVD

NKVD Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I Will Predicted same

Waiting For Day When gross GDP figures Will be come out.There Will Lot sad Faces Of Congis and Left

9. WhyCry

WhyCry Reaper Love IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    With so much reforms, GDP is at 5.7% growth, it is astonishing.

Economy is basically flow of money (and hence makes the money in form of taxation). Most of the fools fail to understand that Government is taking the money out of people's hand (Demonetization). I think the next step is going to be injecting money. The bigger concern for me personally is the management of GST. The indirect taxation needs to be brought down. Products in 18% will be up for smuggling and instead promoting Black money.

Also, only 4% people will be paying direct taxes which is way less. It is up from 2.8% but that is still very less (needs to be 30%+, agriculture needs to be taxes). The ball has a long way to go. The silverlining is the ball has started to roll with a bang.

Bloom 17 likes this.
  10. randomradio

Changed my fiscal number.

11. randomradio

They will get caught because of Aadhar and GST.

Next year we will see direct tax reforms. The tax burden will be reduced on the middle class.

Sathya likes this.
  12. randomradio

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/GU...o-early-signs-of-revival-in-economic-gro.html
    The improvements suggest that the aftershocks of demonetisation and the rollout of the goods and services tax (GST) are wearing off.

Sales of two-wheelers, commercial vehicles and tractors, power generation, steel production, airport traffic and fund-raising from equity markets by businesses reported faster annual growth in August than in the previous month, brokerage Jefferies Group LLC said in a 25 September note to investors.

[​IMG]

The uptick in inflation and weak credit growth in August, however, had a sobering impact on sentiment.

One of the bright spots in the economy is a 10.29% jump in exports in August to $23.8 billion from $21.5 billion in the same month a year earlier.

Manufacturing PMI rose to 51.2 in August, indicating an expansion from 47.9 in July. A reading above 50 indicates expansion, and below that a contraction.

Nikkei India Services PMI at 47.5 in August suggested services output declined for the second consecutive month, although the decline was less severe than in July, when the index was at 45.9, IHS Markit Ltd said on 5 September.

“I would not necessarily call it a revival. The exceptional slowdown in the GDP growth rate (in the June quarter) on account of supply disruptions arising from GST rollout is reversing. Also, coal offtake which suffered during monsoon has picked up in August. We are back on track, but below the anticipated levels,” said HDFC Bank Ltd chief economist Abheek Barua.

“The key positive in August was the further acceleration in commercial vehicle sales and uptick in exports and imports. The key negative was the uptick in inflation, and weak credit growth. Freight data remained mixed with ports remaining weak and railway freight improving,” said the note from Jefferies Group.

GSLV Mk III and proud_indian like this.
  13. Bloom 17

Bloom 17 2nd Lieutant IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    Not going to happen. if they were going to do it, it should have happened already. Modi lost the upper middle class last budget session only.

14. randomradio

Yeah, there is no immediate reason for it. GST has to stabilize first.

15. Nilgiri

Nilgiri Lieutenant IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    Another kind of thing that slips under the radar (because the chain is more long term) a lot w.r.t demonetisation results:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...anies-within-15-days/articleshow/60927911.cms

These many shell companies are the equivalent of having unfettered flood irrigation instead of investing into drip irrigation. Focusing liquidity channels like this long term helps to get to the latter.

Its only from 5 banks data, 25 more banks to go.

I seriously want one congressi stooge here to tell me this is a bad result just because Modi did it.