Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

India’s Q1 GDP growth falls to 5.7%, hits 3-year low

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by Agent_47, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

[QUOTE="randomradio, post: 599452, member: ]

It was so bad that we would have entered recession long ago had UPA's policies continued.

[/QUOTE]

Upa policies continued

Well I see modi implementing all upa policies only

This govt is not called upa 3 for nothing

Can you name unique modi policies apart from
    Demo

2. Paliwal Warrior

3. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

You see, there is a huge difference in planning and execution. A lot of stuff was thought up during NDA 1 also. Like GST.

4. Paliwal Warrior

You see, there is a huge difference in planning and execution. A lot of stuff was thought up during NDA 1 also. Like GST.[/QUOTE]

Let's do something what you advocate

Talk senisibly

Name unique modi policies

That is if there are any and you can name them

5. Sathya

Sathya Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

I am not positive on GDP rebounding fast .

Eg : I ordered 2 seater waiting chair at rp 4500 , 20 months back.
    6 months back they increased price to 5000 since steel price went up.

After GST they are charging 6000 , blaming GST raising raw material prices ...

Until it's very essential , I am going to wait out till price stabilises or I ll look chairs that was previously expensive compared to steel chairs , now may be competitive ..

Bloom 17 likes this.
  6. randomradio

Demo naturally.

Digital India.

Skill India.

Making Aadhaar compulsory for every little thing, particularly subsidies.

FDI policy.

Reforms in ease of doing business.

Health Policy.

Manufacturing policy, Make in India.

Strategic Partnership in defence.

National Pension.

National Social Security.

Jan Dhan, bank accounts for all.

Swacch Bharat.

NITI Aayog.

New 15 year plans.

Change FY to calendar year.

And bypassing MSM through social media.

These are only off the top of my head.

7. Paliwal Warrior

I asked for naming policy

Not disasters

Demo is an ececutuve action or executive decision not policy

First understand the difference

8. Paliwal Warrior

Has it happened ?

9. randomradio

Demo is a success. Not to mention, Demo is part of their black money and anti-corruption policy.

So what? It will happen in time.

There's another, combining railway budget and union budget.

That, the calendar year, 15 year plan etc, it's all part of the same process. Budget reforms.

Income tax reforms are coming up next as well.

Dude, you thought there wasn't even one under Modi. :lol:

This proves you really have no clue about what's happening. The fact is you and most other anti-Modi bashers can't even explain why BJP won UP.

Bloom 17 likes this.
  10. randomradio

That has more to do with raising duties on cheap steel coming from China. Indigenous steel is more expensive.

Whoever blamed GST for rising steel prices is an idiot. But it's partly correct, because it is related to taxes, just not GST.

After Doklam, India raised duties a bit more in order to hurt China. So you are feeling that pinch as a consumer.

11. randomradio

12. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    GDP to remain below 6 per cent in Q2 FY'18: SBI report

MUMBAI: Country's GDP is likely to remain below 6 per cent in the second quarter of 2017-18 owing to muted agriculture growth and sluggish performance of manufacturing and mining sector, says a SBI research report.

The GDP stood at a three year low at 5.7 per cent for April-June quarter of 2017-18, which the report said has raised concerns about the annual GDP numbers for the fiscal.

While it has estimated GDP numbers to remain muted at sub-6 per cent for the July-September quarter, the third and fourth quarter growth is expected to be below 6.5 per cent.

"Second quarter growth numbers are likely to be muted, almost like the first quarter numbers (below 6 per cent), and the reasons are many," the 'SBI Ecoflash' report said.

"The support that first quarter got from trade, hotel, transport and public expenditure will not be there in the second quarter," it added.

Further, the report noted the agriculture growth is expected to be muted as rainfall in the first three months of monsoon was hugely deficit in key foodgrain producing states like Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, and Madhya Pradesh and there was sluggish growth in manufacturing and mining sector.

"July IIP (index of industrial production) data shows that production was particularly weak in consumer durable goods," the report said.

As per the document, India's exports growth has started coming down again after picking up for a few initial months in this calendar year. It noted that exports have started their downward trajectory from May.

"For example, if we look at US imports of textiles and apparels it has grown 30 per cent between April 2017 and July 2017. However, Indian exports of apparel and textile to the US in July remained at the same level as in April with modest increase in quantity," the report said.

"But the month of June saw a dip in both quantity as well as value. This is perhaps due to uncertainty before GST which is likely to reflect in coming quarter as well," it added.

As per the report high working capital requirement in the GST regime (based on principle of refund) is hurting the small manufacturers in particular.

Read more at:
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

13. Paliwal Warrior

14. randomradio

Follow conversation from post 126. Until about 145.

Guy said I won't get Aadhaar for months. So I wanted to give proof that I got my Aadhaar number allotted in less than 3 weeks.
    And you claimed I don't live in India. Post 138.

15. randomradio

Yeah, that's fine. The revival is expected from this quarter, Q3.

5.7%, 6%, 7%, 8%

Q1, April-May-June quarter saw destocking of goods, so companies gave away their goods as cheap as possible, which means low consumption growth. Plus the industry also avoided production until GST was decided and setup.

Q2, July-Aug-Sept will see production rising and industry will attempt to go back to normal capacity. This is when GST will have to be fine tuned. August was the first month this year when we started seeing growth in industry and services.

Q3, Oct-Nov-Dec will see the real change because it's an important quarter for India due to multiple major festivals coming up in this period. That's why GST was planned to be released 3 months before this quarter kicked in.

Q4, Jan-Feb-Mar will see the new normal for India, very high growth. At least near 8% growth, if not 8% growth.

From 2018 Q2 or Q3 we will start seeing the revival of the private sector also.