Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Infantry to get foreign rifles, others to get ‘made in India’

Discussion in 'Tactical Hardware' started by Zarvan, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Chinmaya_foxtrot

Chinmaya_foxtrot IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    SLR was not developed by by OFB or DRDO, it was merely a semi automatic version of Belgian FN FAL which was produced by Britain under the name L1A1 SLR and many commonwealth countries like Australia, India,etc also used it.

2. Chinmaya_foxtrot

Country Flag:
    India
  3. Chinmaya_foxtrot

Country Flag:
    India
    Well British used a version of Belgian FN FAL, American SF used FN Scar forces of many European countries use derivatives of M16 and M4 and Israel also has a version of M16 in use and I can't even count the number of countries which use direct derivatives of AK47 (China is a great example they call it Norinco Type 56 rifle) and none of these countries ever felt humiliated to use rifles which originated in lands other than theirs. Also now since IWI and Punj Lloyd collaboration is also in play, the army will most probably buy Galil Ace or Tavor for the entire force since costs will come down. The paramilitary forces (especially CRPF) have already gone for ingenious Trichy Rifle which is nothing but another copy of AK47(not that is bad to copy a world class design). Also the people you call corrupt are the once responsible for saving your sorry ass when things go bad so at least give them the luxury to choose what they want to save your ass with.

A note on indigenous rifles - It is OFB and DRDO which develop rifles and ISRO which develops space tech, comparing both of them is like comparing apples to oranges.

4. Chinmaya_foxtrot

Country Flag:
    India
    I usually don't like agreeing with Pakistanis but I agree with you a 100% here

Zarvan likes this.
  5. Zarvan

Zarvan 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Pakistan
    Even every one here knows what I am saying right but in their over confidence and over patriotism they insisting on local Assault Rifle and in less than 3 to 4 years I am pretty sure all your news papers will be publishing the complains of soldiers which they will have with local INSAS. For GOD sake bring your private tycoons in this field like Ambanis and others take licenses of Assault Rifles such as CZ BREN 807 and 806 and Israeli Galil Ace and Tavor and may be AK-100 series and produce them in India. Your Armed Forces and Police Combined are much bigger Market than entire Armed Forces and Police of Europe combined