Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Is Bullet Train a major Modi blunder?

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by Guynextdoor, Sep 14, 2017.

?

Is Bullet Train Strategic Blunder?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    86.0%
  1. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

but there is a very worrying addition to this- I would have assumed that the next line would be Mumbai-Delhi but I heard today that it might be Mumbai-Lucknow. That would be STUPID. Everyone knows that Ahd is a political destination for Modi but we can half accept it. Maybe it will fuel the financial services segments like Gift. But UP? Gimme a break. If modi takes this to UP/ Bihar for political purposes the whole effort will be a flop.

2. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

It's not Mumbai-Lucknow, it's Delhi-Lucknow which will be connected with Kolkata.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-just-1-hour-38-mins/articleshow/59604416.cms

Lion of Rajputana and zebra7 like this.
  3. Guynextdoor

nice, a bullet train right through Bimaru to a state that did horribly under the commies and even worse outside of them- this isn't a decision taken with economics in mind, If he takes this approach the Bullet train project will be complete failure. We should probably not let Modi do more bullet trains.

4. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    I thought biggest blunder was Bullet train project? It's all about me now?

A real blunder is to keep letting you come back to the forum so that you can spread your BS and hate further.

Oh I've kept my cool and tried to be neutral a lot of times, believe you me.

But this particular Khangrace chamcha is a special breed of troublemaker. I'm sorry if my post as Moderator is being vilified because of my conversations with this guy....but I for one am not gonna let my position get in the way of needling this particular person. People like him deserve it.

Lion of Rajputana and zebra7 like this.
  5. randomradio

So what? This is a pan-India corridor, it's called Diamond Quadrilateral.

6. Guynextdoor

Yes, and I'm deeply hurt whenever you needle me.

7. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    [​IMG]

Lion of Rajputana and Angel Eyes like this.
  8. Guynextdoor

the quadrilateral is a road concept not a bullet train concept. Because everyone can use road. Bullet train is a concept only for places with high economic density. Else it will not even recoup the massive investments you put in it.

9. ranadd

ranadd 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Since you replied rationally, let me respond. I typically avoid.

You are a moderator. Look up the English meaning of that word. You have to stay neutral at all times.

You cannot say these things in public as a moderator. If you want to vent, go to the staff section and open a thread there. That's what is there for. Usually people who share the same sentiment will be there. Even there, I advise you not to. Privacy of the internet is not what it used to be. Even behind VPNs, masked IPs and different emails.

Reason why I am talking to you: I moderate(part of a very large team) a places that have way too much traffic than you can imagine. Hits in tens of thousands unique users per day.

Moderator of couple very very very popular tech forums. Again part of a larger team.

Part of chat rooms, message boards, bulletin boards - these were before nice forum softwares for over 25 years.

Again, you are absolutely free to disagree with me. Nothing wrong in that.

Gessler likes this.
  10. The enlightened

The enlightened Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Even if this project fails, given the expected date of repayments and their quantum, we wouldn't have any real problems repaying Japan as well as any bonds the government raises to fund this project. But if we actually build the quadrilateral, we'll have a have a serious debt exposure. Its probably best to wait and see how this one goes and simultaneously work on indigenousing as many parts of the investment as we can before further investment.

11. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

But funding is in dollar, not yen.

12. ranadd

ranadd 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Without diamond qaudrilateral, there will be no need for localization and there won't be any push for it.

I am a biased person. I love bullet trains and I hate traveling on Indian roads. Unless it's expressways, even there no lane discipline.

bharathp and Anish like this.
  13. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

The only backlash Modi can face on the Bullet Train is from the poor and rural, similar to the India Shining slogan of 2004.

14. randomradio

Golden Quadrilateral = Highways
    Diamond Quadrilateral = Bullet Train

http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=148794

15. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Same things said about Delhi Metro which proved itself as a TD (Technology Demonstrator) and now we have Metros built and being built all over India as SP ( Serial Production)

Same with bullet train in 2 decades we will have bullet train all over india

Golden_Rule likes this.