Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Is this the new Indian camouflage?

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by tigerassault, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigerassault

tigerassault FULL MEMBER

Since 2006, I've seen a lot of Indian Army units use this camouflage pattern. Can any one tell what this camo pattern is called, and also how it is referred to by the Indian Army?

Also --- with most of the world's armies (including the pakistanis) heading over to pixellated patterns like the ACUs, are there any plans for the Army to also move on from organic patterns?

[​IMG]

2. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Digital camoflage similar to the one used by US Army is being developed under F-INSAS. I think its being trialled,,,
    although Ive got no pictographic evidence to back that up.

3. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Can anyone tell me the advantage of it?

4. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    you wont end up with a desert camouflage in a swamp :troll:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  5. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  6. tigerassault

tigerassault FULL MEMBER

The pixelated pattern is supposed to more accurately mimic the undefined and often hazy nature of natural terrain than camouflage that utilizes large blobs of colour. It helps a combatant blend in much better with his surroundings especially when viewed from a distance. Also, the absence of large swathes of any single colour also makes it all the more difficult to be detected with current night vision technology. In theory, at least.

Here are some questions for anyone who can help me out:

1. Can anyone tell me what the different more prevalent utility uniforms in the Indian Army currently are?

2. Are there any units which still use the older 'palm frond' and 'cactus' camouflage uniforms?

3. Does the Indian army have a special camouflage meant only for desert use? I'm referring to camouflage uniforms issued to general infantry troops, and not about the utility uniforms used by special forces.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.