Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

ISI may act if Afghanistan gets too close to India: Musharraf

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by jack, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack

jack FULL MEMBER

WASHINGTON: Accusing India of trying to create anti-Pakistan Afghanistan, former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf has warned that Islamabad's spy agency will need to take "counter-measures" if Afghanistan becomes too close to India.

"Since our independence, Afghanistan always has been anti-Pakistan because the Soviet Union and India have very good relations in Afghanistan," he said at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, a Washington think tank Wednesday.

Accusing India of working to turn Afghanistan against Pakistan, he said: "We must not allow this to continue."

"We must not begrudge if Pakistan orders ISI ( Inter-Services Intelligence) to take counter-measures to protect its own interests," said Musharraf defending the Pakistani spy agency that US officials have accused of supporting extremists.

"Now, India is trying to create anti-Pakistan Afghanistan. This is most unfortunate, and I am not saying this because I have some (Indo-centric) - and I'm anti-India. I know this through intelligence; I know this to be a fact," he said.

"Today - and just to give you one proof: Today, in Afghanistan, Afghanistan diplomats, the intelligence people, the security people, the army men all go to India for training," Misharraf said.

"Now they go there, they come back, they get indoctrinated against Pakistan and, may I say, over the years since our independence, Afghanistan always has been anti-Pakistan because Soviet Union and India have very close relation in Afghanistan."

"And the intelligence agency, KGB, RAW and KHAD of Afghanistan have always been in cooperation and talking since 1950s," Musharraff said.

"So I think this needs a rapprochement certainly between India and Pakistan and rapprochement also between the two intelligence organizations: the RAW of India and the ISI of Pakistan," he said.

Describing current relations between the United States and Pakistan as "terrible," Musharraf said Afghanistan could plunge into conflict along ethnic lines after 2014, when the United States plans to withdraw its combat troops from Afghanistan.

"Are you leaving a stable Afghanistan or an unstable Afghanistan? Because based on that, I in Pakistan will have to take my own counter-measures," Musharraf said.

The "adverse impact will be on Pakistan, so any leader in Pakistan must think of securing Pakistan's interests," he added.

Link:ISI may act if Afghanistan gets too close to India: Musharraf - The Times of India

2. Praveen Taneja

Praveen Taneja 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

:haha::haha:

That idiot musharraf dont know Afghan is coming closer to India just bcoz of acts of ISI

2 people like this.
  3. sahil

sahil 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Anyway india will act whether ISI acts or not:)

4. kabir

kabir FULL MEMBER

Every now and then he comes to some conference and gives some stupid comments on India.

5. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    What is the Nationality of this this guy ?? :rofl::rofl:

2 people like this.
  6. WhiteRose

WhiteRose FULL MEMBER

May I ask what Indian forces has to do in Afgsanistan????
    HELP????????
    India does NOT have peaceful relations with any of its neighbor country.
    How can it help Afghanistan????
    All he is trying to do is to create anti-Pakistan atmosphere in Afghanistan.
    What is he trying to do in Afghanistan. When Pakistan has been consistently saying that India has been operating terrorists activities in Pakistan from 9 terrorists camps in Afghan border Area. And specially Molvi Fazlullah (Terrorist leader of millitants in SAWAT) is also operating from Afghanistan.

Afghanistan is NOT coming close to India because of ISI, its because of pressure from America and NATO, as they are still the main power even if it is behind the scene

One last thing. ""STUPID"" Musharaf visited India after mumbai attacks and PUBLICALLY answered each and every answer from Indian Personals. NO one dared in history of Indo-Pak to do such Public Debate. At least you should pay him some respect. Otherwise I have the same Keyboard as you do.

7. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    we intend to turn Afghanistan into a counter weight for Pakistan
    so that we can focus on China, its very logical :biggthumpup:

8. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Captain SENIOR MEMBER

why isn't the ISI acting now......and leaving it for the future?????.....if they were in a position to do something then can do it now only rather than wait for the indo-afghan relations to get more cozy........... :sarcastic:

9. illusion8

illusion8 REGISTERED

They are presently busy with the US at their door steps. India's entry into AF has blind sided them.

10. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

End of days for ISI and their terrorists, US warning should be taken seriously.

11. Praveen Taneja

India is already working and helping Afghanistan by making Road and infra

12. Praveen Taneja

HELL:haha:

13. Praveen Taneja

:haha::haha:

Like many pakistanis he too thinking asylm in India I think:lol:

If u check list of pakistani who are crying pls let us stay a here as pak is a piece of sh*t on earth

Adnan sami like many people who survive only on indians mercy and many pak artist keep contacting Indian agent so they can have bread butter

14. Praveen Taneja

Do you think pak ISI is sitting idle and warning from NATO and US is a joke.

Kutte ki poonchh hai pite bina manenge

15. Praveen Taneja

ISI would understand only after a few Drone missile are dropped on them and on senior officer of ISI get killed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.