Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

It Will Encourage Minority Communalism

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Karthic Sri, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjpf

tjpf FULL MEMBER

For the last time it was based on the reaction of other members in this thread..........check how we started to argue....ur worse then those pakistani whom i try to talk some sense in........

obviously i aint smart coz im talking to u Kounder and by the way regardrng racist wat i meant was tat u guys differentiate a lot based on jhadi...........

2. Karthic Sri

Karthic Sri <b>STAR MEMBER of the MONTH</b> SENIOR MEMBER

I opposed the bill and your post fits me perfectly since you chided everyone who opposed the bill without being specific on your part. Not my mistake.

No body here yearns for a religious riot to satisfy our macho-ness, but as some one who has experienced what a riot can do to the economy and how it affects the victims I opposed the bill in its CURRENT FORM which is highly discriminatory towards the majorities. And everyone who has opposed the bill has done it precisely for its discriminatory nature and not to its intent.

Understand that before being pedantic and try not to include castes in there because that is a highly emotional issue for all and remember the burden of secularism is on the shoulder of all Indians and not just the Hindus.

There is a huge difference in taking pride in one's caste and discriminating others based on it.

And obviously I am proud of my caste - which is one of my identity just like I am an Indian, a Tamil, A Hindu etc. But that doesn't mean I discriminate people based on that.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. Karthic Sri

BTW other things in the bill include punishments for alleged acts of Muslims being discriminated in not being given houses..

Don't you think it is upto the owner of the house to decide whom to rent the house and whom not to based on "n" number of reasons ? Is this not encroaching on my basic right ?

1 person likes this.
  4. Rocky 71

Rocky 71 FULL MEMBER

1. Then, is Secularism is just a cheap vote-catching slogan?

2. But the fundamental issue is for the Indian society (not the politicos/govt/establishment) to ask itself and search its soul to find out why at all this Act was necessary to table?

5. Karthic Sri

No - Secularism is one of the best ideas that man has ever conceived. But unfortunately the 'bastardized' version of Secularism in India (pseudo-secularism) is just a cheap vote catching slogan (in your words) perfected by the Congress and other assorted "secular" parties.

Going by your logic no law should ever have been invented because all Human beings must have searched their soul. But unfortunately that is not the reality and laws that cater to all sections of the society without any favour or discrimination must be in place.

1 person likes this.
  6. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Secularism is not just a slogan.. it is very much a part of india's social structure! Even right wing political parties do have essence of secularism in their establishments! So called guardians of this 'secularism' wants to portray to the public that this is in danger, just to serve their vote bank politics.
    There is no need to bring this act, this will have an adverse impact to the well being of people from different relegions. This proposed bill is just another one of those vile acts on the part of so called secular congress to stir a debate, which could play into their hands!! that's all..

1 person likes this.
  7. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Pakistan themselves never claimed that they are secular, it is declared Islamic nation. Nobody in Pakistan gives shit about their minority. Pakistani parties do not fight elections on issue of minority !
    Why to blame Pakistan for what they do to minority when in India's Majority is treated like "minority of pakistan" for political benefit!

1 person likes this.
  8. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

When the owner is Hindu, it does not count.

Btw. What if a muslim or a dalit asks for the hand of a Brahmin girl and refused? Will it count as a crime too?

9. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Oh shut this subsidizing trip to kashi stuff and stop whining like a baby. If Mecca was in India there would be no need to fund any sort of travel would it? There are other, more important problems for Hindusim than 'muslim invasion'.

10. Guynextdoor

You and your right wing whining. In a country with 70+ percent population being hindu, EVEN HERE, you won't feel secure. That's because of YOUR OWN feelings of insecurity, don't blame the muslims or christians for that. Indian Secularism 101 also adds that in India ALL RELEGIONS GET EQUAL RESPECT, unlike in France. Yeah, in Pakistan the LeT does go and help people during flooda and earthquakes, we all know what sort of a country THAT is. I'm sure you'll want us to be an eminent xerox copy of that dumpyard, with the BJP stridently doing here what Let does there.

11. 4Aces

4Aces Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Is that why CONgress PM Manmohan NOT SO Singh said Muslims have first claims to the resources of India - NOT the poor regardless of religion? Is that what u claim equal is? tsk tsk tsk.

12. Guynextdoor

Post reported for foul language.

13. Pagan666!

Pagan666! 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Foul language? You should know it why I am saying this before reporting it!

14. 4Aces

4Aces Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Just edit your post mate. I can understand your anger, many feel the same way, hopefully Indians are starting to wake up!

1 person likes this.
  15. Pagan666!

Pagan666! 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

I am an active EDL activist as well! :thank_you2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.