Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

It Will Encourage Minority Communalism

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Karthic Sri, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Why are minorities provided protection? Because in just about every town OUTSIDE Azamgarh and most parts of W Bengal too and therefore 99% of India, the higher probablity is of a lone muslim or christian being surrounded by 5 million hindus. I do not talk anything about the act per se. I talk about this silly and immature attitude that says that Hindus are somehow 'under attack'

2. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Why not Jain, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi people ??? aren't they minority ? In fact they are more in minority than Muslims and Christians !
    It's not your fault, our congress written history books always taught how Akhbar and Tipu were great kings :pleasantry:!

3. Guynextdoor

Not just congress text books, include Newsweek because that called Akbar one of the greatest men in History. I'm sure you are sick enough to attck Tipu who died fighting the British just because he's a muslim.

4. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

How about this?? It is the responsibility of MINORITY community to show to the majority that they do not support a nation which was formed specially for them by dividing the country of the Majority people. This is a FACT. Sounds harsh??

So they need Haj subsidy to keep their faith towards their own country??

We do care about them. Should we talk about temporary land allotment for Amarnath temple.

And I have never seen you supporting any other minority community.

The fact being that Minority should have first right over the resources of the country (21st century congress ideology) clearly neglecting the socio economic problems. What century are we living in??

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  5. Guynextdoor

Of all the bull and nonsense that you keep spweing always. No ONE is expected to constantly keep 'proving' loyalty. Definitely not to people like you. People's loyalty are taken as a given, some individuals may prove disloyal- but that's common for ALL relegions everywhere. If the loyalty of azim premji should be questioned despite his donating 2 B for India's education just because Pakistan was created 60 years ago for muslims then YOU are the one that needs his head checked. I talk openly for muslims because I believe that the other minorities have never faced the same vulnerability. The sikhs are now easily in the mainstream. Christians have a generally high standing because they propogated education. Muslims are the groups that hindu right wingers have routinely targeted.

6. abirbec04

abirbec04 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I am not going to get into any Akbar, Tipu debate here as it is unnecessary but looking at the way people have responded both for and against the bill is not surprising at all as that has been the only agenda. This bill as I stated before is just an eyewash. It is not constitutional and won't be passed, even if it is passed in the Loksabha somehow, it will fall in Rajyasabha or come back with major revisions. If the bill is passed in both houses then again it would fail to hold water in front of Judicial scrutiny by the Supreme Court.

But these are all useless waste of our debating space as the intent of bringing the bill into the public domain is to show that Congress loves the "Minorities" and not to pass any actual draconian law. This show of intent has already worked up members here as we can see, hence Congress strategy of fooling the masses is working. This subtle approach is well worth looking into as it signals shrewd minds at work, and very smart minds.

And to quote many of the fellow members here who still haven't grasped the real story, it was Congress who have always mixed religion with politics with disastrous effects - right from the Independence days till now. After BJP came out championing the majority community, Congress took up the cause of minority appeasement. It has always been so unless the dynamic changes down the line when BJP has an ideological reform, then maybe Congress will come back to majority appeasement plank. This is pure politics. :laugh:

7. Karthic Sri

Karthic Sri <b>STAR MEMBER of the MONTH</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Ofcourse I have a say..Isnt that what the shiny term Democracy all about ? For the people, of the people and by the people.

If a law is about to be passed that I perceive to be not in the good interests of me and also the nation I will certainly oppose it tooth and nail.

Did you even read the opening post instead of venting your gob gas here ? Please do us the favour and come back. Hint - just see the definition of the term "group" in the bill. It does not cover all victims of riots - only those of minority community. And that is discriminatory in nature.

BTW people like Harsh Mander, Sonia Gandhi,Aruna Roy,Kancha Ilaiah, John Dayal are anything but Hindus.

Our constitution does not provide for "pet FACT". Instead the constitution says no law must be passed that discriminates on the basis of language,religion etc which is exactly what this law does by dividing the people as Majority and minority.

And sorry I am under no obligation to prove anything to anyone.And hardly anywhere else in the world is a 170 million community a minority.

Who says so ? For me Kashi or even my local temple is gazillion times more sacred than Mecca which is nothing but an arid place in a god forsaken desert to me.

And who are you to give certificates on my behalf that which is sacred and which is not ? Desist from that. Mecca may be sacred to your community but I could hardly care less what happens to it.

Maybe it is time not to divide this country into majority and minority for votes and state that the minority have the first right to the resources. How about it ?

And dont worry Hindus can never hate this country because this is our only home - our moral,political and spiritual home.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  8. Karthic Sri

In that case reform the police force and do other things constitutionally ,not something as arbitrary or extra-constitutional as this which explicitly and openly discriminates someone based on religion.

And BTW you have still not said what will happen to a Hindu victim in a muslim majority region --- who is the majority and the minority there ? And what will ahppen to the victims of the majority community ?

This is nothing but Indian version of the Blasphemy Laws.

No they are under silent discrimination from the pseudo-seculars and you guys don't know what damage you are doing by peddling this bastardized version of secularism.

BTW I know you are not talking about this act because if you had spent your time reading this act so much hot air would not have been vented out here by you.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  9. Guynextdoor

i have already indicated that I have nothing to say about the act. If it is unconsitutional, it can be challenged in court and the courts WILL adjust it to constitutional norms. My main contentio was this whole attack that people make when any sort of protective efforts are taken by the government. Oh shut this nonsense about how 'majority' is being victimized. I belong to the majority and I can tell you the reason why the BJP, the RSS, The Sangh Parivar are kept out of power is because there genuinely is no such victimization. You guys can keep hollering about it but as long as the reality belies the stories you guys are making, no one will really respond. If there was true victimization (or god knows what you call it), people would have responded and brought them to power. What it shoes is that no one really feels so and your Haj sunsidy etc. is really ignorable to us. In fact, the congress is kept in power specifically because it has generally maintained the peace and maintained balance so that we as a people can focus on truly important thing- earning a living, building the economy, building our global clout etc. This 'bastard' version of secularism is what the Indian people like and that's why they vote in the congress every general election. So if you don't like it you can go to another country.

Besides the BJP is the MOST rablid players of minority politics ever. Their version of politics means only Brahmans can come to power. Nice substitute you have found. Why don't you, for a change, show some TRUE affection for the country you live in? Why don't you, for a change try loving the people who live here instead of inciting one group against the other, CONSTANTLY attacking and defaming other commun ities and trying to force them to 'prove their loyalty'?

10. abirbec04

Hmm .... once bitten twice shy. It seems not be the case with my beloved friend here. Lying through the teeth is a good option if people have already exposed your lie before. I guess you are betting people didn't remember the last time you claimed to be from the majority community and was found out. Some guys will never learn it seems. :laugh:

Stick to the topic, you are going astray like our favorite Diggy Raja. :coffee:

11. Karthic Sri

Good. Now spare this thread as others are discussing about the law,its unconstitutional nature, its discriminatory attitude and not hot air pseudo-secular rants

Protective efforts are to be taken for ALL, irrespective of their faith and not just for the minority community painting the majority as some sort of horned devils.

They are victimized through this following definition,

The most vital definition of the bill is of the expression ‘group’. A ‘group’ means a religious or linguistic minority and in a given State may include the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.

Ofcourse you need an open mind to read what this thread is about instead which is scarce among sickulars.

12. Karthic Sri

I chose not to remind him as he somehow feels inferior to mention his true identity. But then you did not extend him that courtesy.:nono:

The funny part is he is giving 1000 word lectures starting with the line "I am not going to discuss this Act" when in fact the thread is particularly about the Act. :crazy:

13. abirbec04

:laugh: :laugh: Ha ha ......... Good one.

His posts are like reading protests against "The Satanic Verses" by majority Muslims without even reading the book. "Look I am not going to read what the act says but I will still talk non-sense".

We have a job for guys like that - join the Diggy army of b*ll sh*tters. :yahoo:

http://www.fakingnews.com/2011/06/digvijay-singh-threatens-to-raise-an-army-of-11000-bullshitters/

14. Karthic Sri

15. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.