Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

It Will Encourage Minority Communalism

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Karthic Sri, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

NAC commented that it had dropped clauses that BJP had objected to:yahoo:

2. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Not if your intentions are to discriminate. Democratic India is a shining example of wanting fairness:

Housing society pays USD 110K for keeping Indians out

Read more at: Housing society pays USD 110K for keeping Indians out

Read more at: Housing society pays USD 110K for keeping Indians out

3. Karthic Sri

Karthic Sri <b>STAR MEMBER of the MONTH</b> SENIOR MEMBER

I may have "n" number of reasons not to rent MY house to a particular person. What right does the Govt have in deciding whom I should rent my house and whom not to and decide what are my intentions ?

What fcking fairness is there in deciding on my behalf ? Did the Govt sponsor me in building my house ? Its MY hard earned money and I will do what I see fit.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  4. Guynextdoor

The housing society could have taken the same stand (our fckin money, we do what we want), but the US courts thought otherwise (they aren't congress controlled). Being democratic also means you have to live by values of equality and fairness to all. If the courts had allowed the people to continue keeping out Indians, you would have called it unfair and discriminatory.

5. Karthic Sri

Are we living in the US ?

In US there are no laws that specifically protect Jews or Muslims or Hindus from Christians. Any person who does wrong serves sentence. That is equality.

And the Govt can make a fair stand if IT had constructed housing societies with its OWN money. It doesnt have any effing right to decide what I have to do with my house. I can rent it to pigs if I want for all they care and keep it empty. My prerogative , not some buffoons in the centre.

Anyway no use arguing this because this will not stand in a court of law for one day if I argue the smell of Beef makes me nauseaous or that religiously I am prohibited to cook beef in my house.

Two Simple questions -

1) How will this law decide on what basis I reject some one form renting my house ?

2) And speaking of discrimination in educational institutions, what about discrimination of the majority in minority run institutions ?

6. Karthic Sri

Can you explain it Royan ? Any news links.

Atleast you seem to be more sane and more fair regarding this law than some self-confessed protectors of Pseudo-sickularism (reverse communalism)

7. Psynex

Psynex FULL MEMBER

I am all for equality and fairness. All laws should be applicable to each and every citizen. I really hope a good government comes into power and enforces Uniform Civil Code and abolishes all reservation/quota systems. Its high time that India becomes a truly secular country, especially if its going to be a super power in the future.

8. Karthic Sri

Don't be such a right wing lunatic parroting the lines of VHP/BD.

India needs to be divided on religious lines and its citizens need to be reminded constantly that they are Hindus, Muslims, Christians through special arbitrary laws for it to be a "secular" country.

1 person likes this.
  9. 4Aces

4Aces Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

ha ha, Karthic Sri is on fire.....i sure do enjoy your posts:smile:.

On topic! It really is ashame to see educated people defending CONgress. Even after witnessing with their own eyes all the F**KED up 5h!t CONgress does.
    IMO India needs a change, at least give someone else a chance, we've seen enough of CONgress.

10. Psynex

Psynex FULL MEMBER

I don't know if your trying to be sarcastic, I really hope you are. In case you aren't:
    I really see no Lunacy in my statements and I'm not parroting anyone as I don't know who or what is VHP/BD.

Really? Give me one good reason why India needs to be divided based on religion?

11. Guynextdoor

all countries give you rights only as long as you maintain you allegiance to certain principles. Besides in india you don't have right to property anway, so what are you prattling about?

12. Karthic Sri

I am serious. I want to be a "secular" Indian going by the popular definition of "secularism" in India.

VHP-Vishwa hindu Parishad and BD -Bajrang Dal.

O! dont you lie to me. By wanting to impose the Uniform Civil Code you are being an Hindu Extremist and Fanatic.

Maybe because we are a "secular" country ?

13. Karthic Sri

I am prattling about the Govt interference in my individual matters on deciding what I should do with my house.Perhaps you should explain what your rambling about when you don't want to discuss the Act ?

And BTW you are horribly wrong anyway - the Right to property is still a constitutional right enshrined in the constitution of India.

Only the owner of the house can decide whom to rent the house based on his choices/prejudices/obligations etc.

And since as you say there is no Right to Property will you agree if a beggar tomorrow files a PIL staking claim to your house ?

And still no answers BTW :-

14. Psynex

Psynex FULL MEMBER

If this is your view then your either misguided or completely ignorant. Religion has nothing to do with Uniform Civil Code. In fact it works to prevent extremists and fanatics having their way and hiding behind religion.

Your contradicting yourself. Secularism = government or other entities that exist separately from religion and/or religious beliefs. Then why would they divide the country based on religion?

15. Guynextdoor

WHy don't you revisit your list of fundamental rights and then get back to me saffron boy- You DON'T have the right to property. Plus, All people have the right to practice and propogate their relegion freely, so if your discriminating on those grounds, you have infringed on the fundamental rights of another and therefore your actions are unconstitutional. I don't make the law, it's for the govt to draft and present it to vote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.