Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Jamaat dress code for tourists in J&K: Do not wear skimpy dresses

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Anish, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Jamaat dress code is in warranted… They could do a recommendation to the government, who are they to order the tourists.

2. tunguska

tunguska Major SENIOR MEMBER

Read your post from where you started on this thread and I do not need to recollect it. what trial you are talking about? And you are giving the respect to all foreign members on this forum during conversion then why can not you give him respect.
    Finally did you see outcome he regretted for joining this forum.

3. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Sari was started during Islamic times when the family would burn the widow alive before Mughals came and raped her.
    Same reason for child foeticide in Haryana.
    Started after second battle of panipat.

4. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Govt. wont do any thing to upset the tourists major revenue source and helps put food on the table for many Kashmiries.
    Why would they harm that for the sake of a few mullahs??

2 people like this.
  5. tunguska

Correct agree with royan first time

6. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Sati never got pan India acceptance. More like regional confined within Bengal, Bihar, Orissa.

7. RoYaN

That's new.
    It lasted long after the Mughals where Gone any explanation for that??
    People were unable to imagine a woman living with another man post her husbands death they decided to send her up with him as some sort of fail-safe.
    This is stretching it way too far!!Muslim conquests are an easy punching bag to blame the ills of society on too bad people don't come out of their delusions.

F.I is due to obsession with male child ,cost of marriage and dowry.Now don't tell me Mughal invasion lead to dowry system being imposed.

8. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

read my post again, I have done some edit in my last post. I don't know you about that, but i still have lot of problem with those people who says in Airport they hoisting pakistan flag and on other post says they hoisting party flag.

And If he like PDF, then what is problem . PDF is like punjab kesari, actually he like mirch masala.

And I regert that I come here, sorry once again.

9. RoYaN

Ok Got accepted to Local culture!You are forgetting Rajasthan,U.P and most of Northern India and modern Day Pakistan.

10. RoYaN

Looks like the Statement "There is a first time for every " Was correct after all:LMAO::LMAO:
    Did you really Have to answer that He would have gone to bed now knowing weather he a was Debating with an Indian or Pakistani.:rofl:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  11. Anish

Country Flag:
    India
    Then why was sati mainly in north India?
    No record of sati before Mughals came. May have started with Ghaznavi but full scale Hindu massacres started with Babur.

Again female foeticide only in north India an no record of it occurring before Mughals came.
    It was done to ensure the family had boys who could fight the invaders and not girls who the invaders would either kidnap or rape.
    Both are dying concepts but due to current social conditions they may increase in another 20 years.

No idea about dowry.

12. tunguska

Sorry I never make generalize so I do not know about other. But if I am in agreement with your view then why should I hide. And frankly if you ask my opinion then that post is final reply to this thread.

13. RoYaN

Sati was a collection of factors one of which was "A women is bound to one man" the invasion may or may not have played a part.
    Answer this why does it Exist long after the Mughals were gone?
    [/QUOTE]Nope its Pan India problem Its still here and the mughals are long gone.
    It was done to ensure the family had boys who could fight the invaders and not girls who the invaders would either kidnap or rape.
    Both are dying concepts but due to current social conditions they may increase in another 20 years.

No idea about dowry.[/QUOTE]
    It was done because females were considered a burden on the family.You are pushing the Invasion theory way too far.
    Did they not think their "Fighting Men" will need wives to make more"Fighting men"
    Answer this why does it Exist long after the Mughals were gone?

14. Anish

Country Flag:
    India
    Nope its Pan India problem Its still here and the mughals are long gone.

No idea about dowry.[/QUOTE]
    It was done because females were considered a burden on the family.You are pushing the Invasion theory way too far.
    Did they not think their "Fighting Men" will need wives to make more"Fighting men"
    Answer this why does it Exist long after the Mughals were gone?[/QUOTE]

Well both the problems started after Mughals came or as I said maybe in small numbers with Ghaznavi but really started large scale with babar.
    Sati exists still?
    Foeticide on decline but in UP may pick up again due to massive Hindu-Muslim conflict still going on and Hindus being on receiving end.

15. RoYaN

How did you come to that conclusion???
    It did till the late 19th century
    Are you sure you don't exist in a a parallel universe??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.